Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

scammed! by! s4cr! out of thousands of $$$!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by famguy View Post
    Make a list in the 1st post of sellers like Antonis Palekis and Clark?

Just as a warning. I'm sure everyone would like to know about these scammers.
    +1.

Maybe sticky a Scammer's Page or something along those lines for everyone to quickly see what sellers to avoid like the plague...

Comment

• Originally posted by lalaila View Post
      Hi guys, I'm from Lithuania and i heard about this story, about all 15 000usd etc. I'm living about ~2 hours way to him. I know where he lives, I know him from FaceBook and Lithuanian forums . He works as "wheels polisher" ir Lithuania, Telšiai. And he have a lot of bad reviews .

If you guys need some help, just tell me. I have some time to visit him with some friends, and talk with him , about weather and stuff .

PM if interested.
      Did you get in touch with him?
      - '89 E30 M-Tech 2
      - '10 TT RS
      - '13 A3 SB

Comment

• Originally posted by famguy View Post
        Did you get in touch with him?
        ??

Comment

• Something new?? I still can't get in touch with this guy, so I guess my $1500 are lost forever.
          - '89 E30 M-Tech 2
          - '10 TT RS
          - '13 A3 SB

Comment

• Just saw this thread and I know its old but I think the same guy is back on the forums. He scammed me as "CAHEK" on vortex and I believe he is on S/W under the username "nveselinovic16v". DO NOT BUY FROM HIM. I was saved by paypal but he scammed 2 other guys on vortex as well. Sounds like the same guy that got you Miles. He told me he was from lithuania as well. SCUM
            Panscraping and Skyscraping
            1989 MK1 Wolfsburg Cabby--Dropped
            1988 Jeep YJ--Lifted w/ Small Block Chevy+goodies
            sigpic

Comment

• soooo pretty much if someone from lithuania is trying to sell you wheels, don't buy without a background check haha

Comment

• - '89 E30 M-Tech 2
                - '10 TT RS
                - '13 A3 SB

Comment

• It makes me mad

Did anyone of you guys tried to report him to cyber police or smth?

EDIT

Ok, there's a thing. If you've got scammed by ANTONIS PALEKIS pm me with your name, amount of sum you've lost and your location. I will contact lithuanian cyber police and ask them what we could do in this situation.
                  Last edited by Darius; 09-29-2012, 11:16 AM.
                  Flickr | Tumblr | Facebook

Comment

• Will do!
                    - '89 E30 M-Tech 2
                    - '10 TT RS
                    - '13 A3 SB

Comment

• First off this really sucks, I know how it feels I just went through a similar situation with a a user on another forum.

Please use this as a buyers guide for how to conduct business over the interwebs. If you do this you will always be protected.

First off Paypal sucks.......here is why, you have roughly 26 days to file a claim for non receipt/ wrong parts/ damaged product. With that said if you happen to file a claim in that time frame and they find in your favor money will only be refunded if you were lucky enough to file the claim when the person has enough funds in their paypal account to cover the claim. However if they withdraw funds when they are received and their account is at a 0 balance their account will just be debited and hold a negative balance until new funds are deposited, well if they never use the account again will never see your money. It is for this reason that paypal always directs your method of payment to be through automatic bank transfer it shfts the risk away from themselves and on to you.

So how to avoid this you ask..........When sending payments never ever ever send funds as a bank transfer/ cashier check/ money order.

When sending money through paypal it will ask you how you want to send funds........these are things you should always avoid when sending money through paypal. Never send funds from your exiting balance, never send funds as personal unless you know the person you are sending the money to. Never send money through automatic bank transfer. HOW can I send money then if not through these methods when using paypal, simple the only option you should ever use to send funds through paypal is the pay by credit card.

Here is why........when you pay by credit card you have the option of filing a charge back directly through your bank. This means you can call your bank tell them the date and amount of the transaction and why you would like to fie the claim. Your bank will refund your money typically within 48 hours and they will launch their own investigation. Now what happens is you have your money and the bank will take the funds from paypal to reimburse you........when this happens you have no idea how helpful paypal now wants to be since they are the ones out the money and not you.

There are still time frames on when you can file a charge back but your banks will typically give you 60-90 days. You should contact your banks directly to know the allotted time frame so you know how long you have should you go through this yourself.

I hope this helps
                      http://www.facebook.com/parkhard

www.hardparkergarage.com

Comment

• Originally posted by BFivePointFive View Post
                        Just saw this thread and I know its old but I think the same guy is back on the forums. He scammed me as "CAHEK" on vortex and I believe he is on S/W under the username "nveselinovic16v". DO NOT BUY FROM HIM. I was saved by paypal but he scammed 2 other guys on vortex as well. Sounds like the same guy that got you Miles. He told me he was from lithuania as well. SCUM

Man this is not me....

I am either

nveselinovic16v or
                        shmajser

So you can check

I sold here some stuff so no worries
                        SOLD TO
                        arde92
                        408solraC
                        indigo

and some small sales I dont have track of....

let me know what can I do for you

Comment

• Originally posted by nveselinovic16v View Post
                          Man this is not me....

I am either

nveselinovic16v or
                          shmajser

So you can check

I sold here some stuff so no worries
                          SOLD TO
                          arde92
                          408solraC
                          indigo

and some small sales I dont have track of....

let me know what can I do for you
                          Yap, it's true, but i at the moment not received the parts and in any case you can reply on a PM (eMails) a little bit faster.., sometime you like ignore them..

p.s. And yes, i asked other guys befor send you a payment. All they have positive experience with you.

Well, i will post here when i'll receive the package. Hope this will be soon.
                          I think this helps you in the future.

Edit: Today parts received, item as described. All perfect.
                          Last edited by image; 10-15-2012, 03:31 AM. Reason: parts received.

Comment

• So I hear he may be back on the prowl again.

Comment

• Confirmed, "cortex" on VWVortex is Antonis. Also goes by the email address mt1addict@gmail.com. GET THE WORD OUT!

I found him on a dozen sites with the username "mt1addict" and I have registered and informed those users of as many as I could that he is a scammer!
                              Last edited by vdub2625; 10-26-2012, 01:10 PM.

Comment

• Saved me money and a huge amount of trouble thank you vdub2625
                                Follow me on Instagram @ Promk1ng
                                http://instagram.com/promk1ng

Comment

Working...
                                X