Question about a wheel re-drill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about a wheel re-drill

Hey guys, I am curious what would be involved in doing a re-drill to a particular set of wheels.

Wheels in question are Work VS-XX, they are 5x114.3 and I need them 5x112, How can this be done cleanly? There is no center cap to hide any machine work, but I know it has been done before.

Estimated cost?

TIA

wobble bolts and hub centric rings

Comment

nope, offsets are too high, but not high enough to run 18mm adapters. i need like 10-12 mm.

Comment

your talking about 1.15 millimeters or 0.04" difference between 5x114.3 and 5x112, thats thinner then your house key, plus if yourcar uses 12mm bolts you don't even need a redrill just remachine the ball seats, so no it won't look bad.

Comment

if this is for a vw or audi that has 5x112 or post-03 benz then you got 14mm bolts, if you have a pre-02 benz then you got 12mm bolts.

its really not worth the $200 to redrill when wobble bolts will work just fine with a 10mm spacer, but some people need that piece of mind.

Comment

heh? I'm not talking about the bolts, I'm talking about the amount of space I need. The wheels are et38, I would like them to be closer to et25, but the smallest 5x112>5x114.3 adapter is 18mm thick, and wobble bolts do not come in longer than stock lengths. my car uses 14mm bolts.

Comment

everything i see says to NOT use wobble bolts with a spacer...I didnt even know they came in anything longer than a "standard" length.

Comment

Motorsports Tech can do 15mm adapters if you ask them.

Follow Me On Instagram! @jvc8790 #jvcphotography

Comment

you really think a 15mm adapter is safer the wobble bolts?

Comment

no, but i think a 15mm adapter bolted to the hub is safer than running a 15mm spacer with stock length bolts. why do you seem to think you can run wobble bolts with such a large spacer? i dont recall asking about what my options were, i asked about a re-drill.

Comment

Originally posted by JVC View Post
                      Motorsports Tech can do 15mm adapters if you ask them.
                      thank you! apparently adaptec can do the same, but by request as well.

Comment

Or any wheel refurb place should be able to redrill them to the specs you need.
                        Originally posted by anth
                        Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Originally posted by .Mad Hatter. View Post
                          no, but i think a 15mm adapter bolted to the hub is safer than running a 15mm spacer with stock length bolts. why do you seem to think you can run wobble bolts with such a large spacer? i dont recall asking about what my options were, i asked about a re-drill.
                          why do u flame ppl who are trying to help u? there are longer wobble bolts than standard lenght, i run 20mm spacers with wobble bolts from 4x98 to 4x100, don't be a douche with ppl next time u ask for advice

Comment

Well, for starters I asked a very specific question, then I clarified twice about what I was looking for. He asked if I thought one was safer than the other, that point is moot because I would need to run a spacer either way.

I'm not being a douche, I asked a very specific questions, and am open to options. His posts made very little sense though.

Anyway, if they make longer wobble bolts I am all for that, who makes them?

Comment

Regardless of bolt length, I'd be incredibly wary of using wobble bolts and spacers without a hubcentric setup.

Comment

Working...
                              X