Volvo Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Quite impressed by this thread. Wasn't sure what to think before I clicked.

Comment

My old S60R

Chasin Design | SoCalStanceShop | Wuste2011 Project Car
        ------------- Member Of A Eurocratic Society -------------

Wüste2011 The West Coast's LARGEST European Car Show!

Comment

Originally posted by Andersg View Post
          I want this stance for my wagon! Very limited amount of suspension products out there for Volvos. How do I do this? Volvo guys have anything to say?
          Last edited by Brass Fish; 01-08-2010, 04:27 PM.

Comment

-96 Chevrolet S10 (DD)
            -85 Saab 900 (Project)
            PhotoBlog
            Spotted In Narvik

Comment

Originally posted by Brass Fish View Post
              I want this stance for my wagon! Very limited amount of suspension products out there for Volvos. How do I do this? Volvo guys have anything to say?
              Custom coilover is the way!
              Mattphi posted a link to Volvospeed for "how to" do!

Comment

Originally posted by ollycarbs View Post
                Custom coilover is the way!
                Mattphi posted a link to Volvospeed for "how to" do!
                Thanks.

Comment

Comment

Comment

• I'm actually starting to noooot feel good about selling my old 240 with b230ft

great thread, and fixen is the shit. love it.
                      - '89 E30 M-Tech 2
                      - '10 TT RS
                      - '13 A3 SB

Comment

• Don't!
                        I have a 240 wagon myself with an F-engine that soon will go trough a make-over. A rebuild, new cam, E85 and maybe Megasquirt. I love those engines.
                        If you do more to your 240 than putting Wounderbaum in the rear view mirror, it actually turns out to be a very good car. Unfortunately, they er hard to slam.

Heres a picture from this weekend, this is in Dagali, Norway. I ride stock springs in the winter, and chopped in the summer. When you see the amount of snow you'll understand... And yes, that is a sled on the rack.

Last edited by Andersg; 01-19-2010, 02:53 PM.

Comment

• I want a 240 wagon just like this. What makes them hard to slam? Can you not just customize some coils to the top of the struts?

Anymore pictures of lowered ride height/suspension set up?

Comment

• seen me beauty today rollin a newly purchased volvo wagon and i don't know why, but back in the day i wanted to get a yellow volvo wagon.

and to help out, here's some renderings i found a ways back of a vintage volvo coupe:

and there is this lovely one if someone hasn't posted it (pics are taking forever to load )

Last edited by chev_chelios; 01-19-2010, 03:53 PM.

vagina, it's what's for dinner.

Comment

• I really want to pick one up to fuck around with.

Flickr

Comment

• Originally posted by hootie View Post
                                I want a 240 wagon just like this. What makes them hard to slam? Can you not just customize some coils to the top of the struts?

The square looking wagons er awsome! I love mine. They tend to rust in the floor, and at the rear arches. Luckily, mine is a one-owner and imported from Belgium, so it hans't been on salty roads to much.
                                Kaplhenke (http://www.kaplhenke.com/index.php?o...d=33&Itemid=32) makes coilovers, but they are not TÜV. There is 40mm lowering springs wich is TÜV, but they are useless and needs to be cut anyway. Thats why most 240s are on cut original spring... The ride is shit, but it's worth it.

This is what 40mm TÜV lowering springs look like. Useless!

Sorry, not yet. Bought her i December, won't bother losing ground clearance 'til the snows gone... But I have a staggered set of OZ Hartge's that will go nicely with cut coils when the heat is back on and the snow is melting. Then, it's picture-time! For now it's XC 240 snow-dorifto edition.
                                Last edited by Andersg; 01-19-2010, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X