No announcement yet.

Saab appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.saab-blog.com/saab-9000-a...ch-performance Its amazing what an hour of one last search can yield at 2 am :P
    Originally posted by JC.
    'Stance' doesn't have to be scraping your car along the floor, that is simply the scene that has caught on. As long as your car looks amazing (in your eyes) while your rolling down the street, that is your own personal perfect stance.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Now THAT is what I call stance!

Originally posted by JC.
      'Stance' doesn't have to be scraping your car along the floor, that is simply the scene that has caught on. As long as your car looks amazing (in your eyes) while your rolling down the street, that is your own personal perfect stance.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

wow,do you have more pics of this car ?
        Soli Deo Gloria

Comment

Nah apparently its a 'rendering' according to friend which I think means photoshop haha any idea what the wheels are? Reminds me of shelby cobra wheels.
          Originally posted by JC.

Comment

Yeah that's pretty badass, definitely tossing old school muscle flavor into the mix.
            -1997 Saab 9000cse Anniversary Edition - Bagged & Tuned
            -1990 Saab 900 SPG - Holset & Track built
            -1973 Mercedes-Benz 280 - Summer cruiser / mild resto project
            -1972 MGB Roadster-Sold!

Comment

Teaser for now, more very soon.
              -1972 MGB Roadster-Sold!

Comment

And another:

Should still have loads more room to go down, couldn't really tell because the car was laying on the jack, even with it all the way down.
                -1972 MGB Roadster-Sold!

Comment

PLEASEEEE Let me know what your runnin!!! and use that block of wood under the tire then roll the car off the wood to get the jack out!
                  Originally posted by JC.

Comment

Not exactly 'running' it yet, per se...but soon, my friend, soon.
                    -1972 MGB Roadster-Sold!

Comment

Originally posted by Svenska94Aero View Post
                      Not exactly 'running' it yet, per se...but soon, my friend, soon.
                      Im just real curius what you did for shocks up front.. cant wait to see the end result!
                      Originally posted by JC.

Comment

I like where this one is going!

Comment

Thank you! In the way of updates, I had to design yet another adapter bracket to make the rears sit properly, and those are being fabricated at this moment. Should be done by Wednesday this week, at which point I should be able to get everything installed and finally get the whole shabang working.

Weird thing is when I dumped the front, I was expecting a fair amount of negative camber to result, but instead I'm left with some very bizarre positive camber, which is wreaking havoc on my current tires. Time to get a few pieces of steel machined for my camber plates as well, I guess.

This week's paycheck should also allow the order of the first pair of wheel adapters, so stay tuned for some wheel test fits, as well as a full build thread when it's done. Cheers!
                          -1972 MGB Roadster-Sold!

Comment

Originally posted by soab View Post
                            Now THAT is what I call stance!

Sorry to quote a picture, but what wheels are those? I must have those.

-Justin
                            1987 Chrysler Conquest TSi

Comment

Originally posted by NudeLobster View Post
                              Sorry to quote a picture, but what wheels are those? I must have those.

-Justin
                              Believe they're most common on muscle cars, originally by Halibrand. There are several companies building reps now: American Racing, Vintage Wheel Works, etc.

See here
                              -1972 MGB Roadster-Sold!

Comment

Originally posted by Svenska94Aero View Post
                                Believe they're most common on muscle cars, originally by Halibrand. There are several companies building reps now: American Racing, Vintage Wheel Works, etc.

See here
                                At first I thought they were the shelby "elinor" wheels but something didnt seem quite right... I think its because they are full bronze rather than polished lips. Thanks!

-Justin
                                1987 Chrysler Conquest TSi

Comment

Working...
                                X