Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stupid Kid View Post
    they're the same except
    the front fenders on an e12 based e24 are different (they don't arch up as high)
    came with older m30's
    interior is markedly different
    air dams, no fog lights
    and the suspension

As far as I know the euro bumpers on e12 e24's and the early e28 e24's are identical
    I believe you have confirmed my suspicion. When I welded a new nose clip on my e24 I also used a passenger fender from an earlier model e24 and I noticed that my front coilovers have a 1/2 inch difference in height from the left side and right side just so it would sit even. That and Im running 2 degrees camber on my driver side wheel and 0 degrees on my passenger side just so that they would have an equal amount of poke. Now that you mentioned this now I know that my problem is my fender not a frame or any other issue. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by righteousrags88 View Post
      I believe you have confirmed my suspicion. When I welded a new nose clip on my e24 I also used a passenger fender from an earlier model e24 and I noticed that my front coilovers have a 1/2 inch difference in height from the left side and right side just so it would sit even. That and Im running 2 degrees camber on my driver side wheel and 0 degrees on my passenger side just so that they would have an equal amount of poke. Now that you mentioned this now I know that my problem is my fender not a frame or any other issue. Thanks
      Since you have one e12 fender on your car, do you know if one would bolt in, or would it require welding in an early model nose piece?

Comment

• Originally posted by molly_watah View Post

The fenders was what I was worrying about. I probably should have stated this in my first post. Are e12 based fenders compatable on e28 based sharks without major body work? Because I'm thinking this difference in fender arch is what would have the arches really filled out verses the later fenders.
        I belive they bolt right on, the shape should be the same since all surrounding body panels are the same, i believe... Im not entirely sure I have only had e28 based 6's.

But yeah the early fenders fill out much nicer.

this car from eariler in the thread is a e12 base

The arches go up to the crease in the fender almost in the late cars, here they are much lower

Originally posted by righteousrags88 View Post
        Yeah no problem, that must have been pretty confusing.
        gorgeous 6 by the way!

Comment

• -Jason
          91 Lagunengrun 325i
          88 635csi (Parted & Crushed)

Comment

• mk motorsports in e31fitment?

god those look nice on that car

Comment

mk motorsports in e31fitment?

god those look nice on that car
              Yep, Thanks! I have it all apart right now. Throwing on a big brake kit from a 750il, switching to broadway static coilovers, doing a manual swap and overall making it prettier.
              -Jason
              91 Lagunengrun 325i

Comment

• Originally posted by JFarhanbod View Post
                Yep, Thanks! I have it all apart right now. Throwing on a big brake kit from a 750il, switching to broadway static coilovers, doing a manual swap and overall making it prettier.
                Sounds like your undertaking everything I did to my 6 except for the brakes which im planning on doing too

Comment

• Originally posted by righteousrags88 View Post
                  Sounds like your undertaking everything I did to my 6 except for the brakes which im planning on doing too
                  Great minds think alike!
                  -Jason
                  91 Lagunengrun 325i

Comment

I belive they bolt right on, the shape should be the same since all surrounding body panels are the same, i believe... Im not entirely sure I have only had e28 based 6's.

But yeah the early fenders fill out much nicer.

this car from eariler in the thread is a e12 base

Alright that's perfect then. I plan on picking up some early fenders to put on when I add the Euro bumpers. I love EtownC's 6 honestly one of my favorites.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by molly_watah View Post
                        Does anybody have any photos of sharks on 16's? I'm looking into some older Rikken or Epsilon mesh wheels, 16x9/9.5/10. I've only seen EtownC's shark on 16s, and it looked great, but mine is an '84, so e28 based, and his was an e12 based 6. I don't know if there will be a difference, but i'm awaiting on a full ground control setup to arrive to put on my car. If anyone has some pics of e28 based sharks on 16 inchers, that'd be awesome.
                        Mine is on 16's! You've seen pictures of it before so I guess you know. It's also E12 based so that might not be much help haha
                        BMW E34 V8 - Daily
                        Merc 190E - Sold
                        BMW 635CSi - Project
                        Mercedes 190e Build Thread
                        Euro BMW E24 Build Thread /Style is personal, fun is universal._____IG: @levonvandamage

Comment

• I guess I can whore my daily driver in this thread. She's a 1988 635CSi that I drove out of a barnyard for $1000 last April. Mods are pretty conservative right now; just Eibach 30mm lowering springs on Billy Sports, 16" Mille Miglia Cellos, Bavarian Autosport front strut brace, Jim Conforti chip.

Right after I got her home:

Wheels but not lowered:

Lowered:

I need better current pictures...
                          1973 Super Beetle-- Blue Zombie, 1988 635csi, 1962 Volksrod-- Little Bug

Comment

• great potential! how many miles on it since its out of a barn?

Comment

• Thanks! Big things are in store for this car, I assure you... Your car never ceases to inspire, either!

The odometer doesn't work, but I'd say I've put on probably 6500 miles or so this year. Only issue was a fuel pump relay shitting out back in August. Can't complain about that track record!
                              1973 Super Beetle-- Blue Zombie, 1988 635csi, 1962 Volksrod-- Little Bug

Comment

• Stunning E24 (among other cars) on RS's in this video! Does anyone know it or where more pics of it can be found?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mutLZWPDfeM"]German Fest Tarnów 2012 BMW-Syndykat.pl - YouTube[/ame]
                                "Promoting the diminishment of automotive ground clearance since 2010"

Comment

Working...
                                X