No announcement yet.

BMW E24 Six Series Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure who took this photo, but it's from SoWo.
    Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
    2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

• Wow! All these cars look great...

Comment

• That looks so good.....any more of it?

Is that the same one that was featured on here, but now with the Style 5's in 3 piece....still 18's?

Comment

• Thanx. Yes it was featured and still 18"s. I'll try to get some more pics of it up.

Comment

• what are you guys using in the rear?

Comment

• 023bmw by PRimage, on Flickr

this is what im working with. bilstein sports all around with a 7in spring front 8in spring rear.

Comment

• My 86 635csi, only e24 on air on the west coast (currently) build inspired by Jorge's
                17x8 style 5s

E24 on air! Courtesy of Meister Werks
                1986 BMW 635csi
                2005 VW Jetta GLI (daily beater(stock))

Comment

• Nice to see another bagged one... Awesome car StrokerAce!

Comment

• Does anybody have any photos of sharks on 16's? I'm looking into some older Rikken or Epsilon mesh wheels, 16x9/9.5/10. I've only seen EtownC's shark on 16s, and it looked great, but mine is an '84, so e28 based, and his was an e12 based 6. I don't know if there will be a difference, but i'm awaiting on a full ground control setup to arrive to put on my car. If anyone has some pics of e28 based sharks on 16 inchers, that'd be awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by molly_watah View Post
                      Does anybody have any photos of sharks on 16's? I'm looking into some older Rikken or Epsilon mesh wheels, 16x9/9.5/10. I've only seen EtownC's shark on 16s, and it looked great, but mine is an '84, so e28 based, and his was an e12 based 6. I don't know if there will be a difference, but i'm awaiting on a full ground control setup to arrive to put on my car. If anyone has some pics of e28 based sharks on 16 inchers, that'd be awesome.
                      16x8 ICW Hammaz were the first wheels for my air build, still have em but they were a little too small for my set up

E24 on air! Courtesy of Meister Werks
                      1986 BMW 635csi
                      2005 VW Jetta GLI (daily beater(stock))

Comment

• Originally posted by StrokerAce View Post
                        16x8 ICW Hammaz were the first wheels for my air build, still have em but they were a little too small for my set up

They look pretty good. I'm just wondering, cause on your car the wheels don't fill out the wheel wells as much as EtownC's did. Maybe somebody could help me here. Is it due to the fact that StrokerAce's car is e28 based, and EtownC's was e12 based? Just trying to figure out whats up. Mines an American market e28 based, and I plan on a Euro e12 bumper conversion.

Comment

• E24 is a thing of beauty!

Zacne on facebook: www.facebook.com/ZACNEWheels

Zacne on instagram: @zacnewheels

Comment

• Originally posted by molly_watah View Post
                            They look pretty good. I'm just wondering, cause on your car the wheels don't fill out the wheel wells as much as EtownC's did. Maybe somebody could help me here. Is it due to the fact that StrokerAce's car is e28 based, and EtownC's was e12 based? Just trying to figure out whats up. Mines an American market e28 based, and I plan on a Euro e12 bumper conversion.
                            Being e12 or e28 based has nothing to do with it. Both are the same besides suspension components. EtownC's wheels were wider and probably spaced if thats what your talking about. If you mean the diameter looked bigger its probably because the euro bumpers give it a less bulkier look which makes it look like 16's fill the space more

Comment

• they're the same except
                              the front fenders on an e12 based e24 are different (they don't arch up as high)
                              came with older m30's
                              interior is markedly different
                              air dams, no fog lights
                              and the suspension

As far as I know the euro bumpers on e12 e24's and the early e28 e24's are identical

Comment

• Originally posted by righteousrags88 View Post
                                Being e12 or e28 based has nothing to do with it. Both are the same besides suspension components. EtownC's wheels were wider and probably spaced if thats what your talking about. If you mean the diameter looked bigger its probably because the euro bumpers give it a less bulkier look which makes it look like 16's fill the space more
                                I was thinking the fender arch height might come into play. I figured the euro bumper will help, but the fender was my main point of issue.

Originally posted by Stupid Kid View Post
                                they're the same except
                                the front fenders on an e12 based e24 are different (they don't arch up as high)
                                came with older m30's
                                interior is markedly different
                                air dams, no fog lights
                                and the suspension

As far as I know the euro bumpers on e12 e24's and the early e28 e24's are identical
                                The fenders was what I was worrying about. I probably should have stated this in my first post. Are e12 based fenders compatable on e28 based sharks without major body work? Because I'm thinking this difference in fender arch is what would have the arches really filled out verses the later fenders.

Comment

Working...
                                X