This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dooooooo it
    Yeah, i'm that guy you've heard about that rolls and pulls fenders in SoCal , hit me up .

Comment

• Sorry guys my inbox has been full so i havent been able to get back to a lot of people.

...its clear now

any questions, let me know
      Yeah, i'm that guy you've heard about that rolls and pulls fenders in SoCal , hit me up .

Comment

• I ran into some problems where the roller was too far from the fender, do you have to use spacers with the roller often? This was with a 350z. I just started rolling so I want to know what cars have quirky things about them

Comment

• Originally posted by XThirtySeven View Post
          I ran into some problems where the roller was too far from the fender, do you have to use spacers with the roller often? This was with a 350z. I just started rolling so I want to know what cars have quirky things about them
          Which roller are you using?

I dont think i've ever had to use a spacer because the roller would not reach the fender lip. sometimes spacers and adapters have to be used to match PCD or clear bore sizes.

The 350Z is a fairly straight forward car to roll/pull with practice, Actually did on yesterday ... it was a bit of a rescue mission, but thats another story, lol

With 350Z and/or Nissan G coupes ( essentially the same thing ) you have to be careful not to curl the fenderlip out when rolling, they have a fairly tall stock outer fender lip which is easy to ripple and curl.

Just take your time and work carefully.

Heres a G35 with the Eastwood, i use the Eastwood most of the time.

Comment

• Been working on a lot of classics/muscle cars lately.

Pro Touring 68 Camaro running 19s, still needs paint though

before rolling pic of a Big Block 70 Nova getting ready for 15x12s on the rear

my buddy Kurt the collector's mint Ranchero shop truck

other stuff

...yes, its a Camry

Mazda Speed with perfect fitment

Even old Acuras can look cool

Comment

• Originally posted by Tonys18t View Post

Its a pretty easy car to work with, you just have to be careful with the fender roller because the cars have squared off fenders, not perfect round arcs like most cars. also the front fenders curve in a fair bit before they meet the bumper. I always prefer to work them by hand, old skool style, you get a much better job that way.

I did my sister's fenders by hand because she has a w124 as well and you were definitely right, way better results. I took my time and heated it up plenty, came out great. Thanks again for the tips, much appreciated!
              1990 Mercedes 300CE- 24 valve

Comment

• 4 thumbs up for Tony! Highly recommended, and you'll be in and out in a jiffy.

Hey Tony, it's Jason with the Red A3
                AccuAir Suspension |

IG: @ultimatetaba

Comment

• Im using the Eastwood as well, may have been because it was a salvaged car.

That car above is beaauuttiffulll

Comment

• Hey man was wondering if you had any pictures of some civics you have done? preferably civics like in my sig. i had problems rolling the front in my 4 door im guessing because of the welds.

Comment

• wow.
                      ill pay for your flight, if ya wanna come down to florida and do a couple cars.

Comment

• Is that red A3 shopped?
                        I've never seen one that tucked like that.... wow I love it.
                        Need to rent a fender roller in Socal? PM me.

Comment

• the A3 on bags ? wow :drool: that thing is the sex
                          C280 Build Thread
                          C43 ///AMG Build Thread
                          E320 Wagon Build Thread

Follow me on Instagram:@SD_210

Comment

• Originally posted by conski View Post
                            I did my sister's fenders by hand because she has a w124 as well and you were definitely right, way better results. I took my time and heated it up plenty, came out great. Thanks again for the tips, much appreciated!
                            glad it worked out man, sometimes doing the job oldskool is the best way.

Originally posted by ultimatetaba View Post
                            4 thumbs up for Tony! Highly recommended, and you'll be in and out in a jiffy.

Hey Tony, it's Jason with the Red A3
                            whats up dude, thanks, car is looking amazing as usual

Originally posted by XThirtySeven View Post
                            Im using the Eastwood as well, may have been because it was a salvaged car.

That car above is beaauuttiffulll
                            hmm, doubt the suspension can be that far out, PM me some pics if you can, sounds like a challenge.

Originally posted by Jcoleman134 View Post
                            Hey man was wondering if you had any pictures of some civics you have done? preferably civics like in my sig. i had problems rolling the front in my 4 door im guessing because of the welds.
                            I've done a lot of civics of all models, i'll see if i can dig out some pics.
                            The fronts are normally fairly easy, its the tabs that hold the fender liner you have to be careful with. i have a few tricks for getting round them

Originally posted by Mkv Flipp View Post
                            wow.
                            ill pay for your flight, if ya wanna come down to florida and do a couple cars.
                            so many people ask me to fly out to places, i may well do it one day

Originally posted by Jenewein View Post
                            Is that red A3 shopped?
                            I've never seen one that tucked like that.... wow I love it.
                            Nope, its not shopped. the thing is bagged and he drives it at pretty much that height.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tonys18t View Post

I've done a lot of civics of all models, i'll see if i can dig out some pics.
                              The fronts are normally fairly easy, its the tabs that hold the fender liner you have to be careful with. i have a few tricks for getting round them

Ah gotcha, my last ones didn't turn out too bad but i want to try and get them as good as a i i can with out a roller. so any pics will help!

Comment

• Going to do a G35 today so hopefully it wont be like the 350z

Edit I'm an idiot noob. I didnt adjust the offset pin. :facepalm

Hopefully somebody else can learn from my mistake
                                Last edited by XThirtySeven; 12-28-2010, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X