No announcement yet.

Something Red, something different, my ultimate Daily Family Racer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly it looks very good right off the bat. I would not slam this car. You need suspension for this car, especially if you upp the boost.
    PORSCHE turbo

Comment

Thanks guys!

You both got a point.

My head says; 'it's a Daily, so don't slam it and don't invest in airride'.
      I do think that airride has it all, in theory, clearance, lowz, and functionality for daily use.

My heart says; 'go as low (tucked) as possible on coils' and then as wide as possible without scrapin'.'
      Problem so far is that the coils for sale for this car don't have ultra low versions!

Airride is so wanted, but I'm in doubt about costs and reliability for it versus coils.
      For now I'm thinking to make a custom setup on dampers and springs/coilovers and gain as much low as possible. But still remain stiffness and driveability due to the power plant in front.

Maybe, maybe, I will go for airride!
      As a daily and for day to day driving (with the family) and not being just my modification ride I am 'chained'. Sort of at least lol.

Comment

Imho i'd bag it . Car looks absolutly gorgeous already but i think you have something really unique when this thing is laying frame. And just take the time searching for a reliable air setup. You'll defintly need custom coils for the amount of low you want and they aren't going to be cheap either,

Excited to see this car @ busslow

i shouldn't be daily driving this:
        "Volkswagen Golf mk1 build thread"

Comment

True! But I now two people in which I believe of making it happen air or static!

Just have to make a visit after a few emails.

Comment

let me guess, Kenny & Andy from KEAN suspensions?

i shouldn't be daily driving this:
            "Volkswagen Golf mk1 build thread"

Comment

Yeah, I've seen some good lowness coming from them!

But first an email and then a visit to get the feeling at their workshop!

Comment

Ha, that's pretty badass honestly.
                Geordie Johnston - Atlanta, GA
                1990 560 SEC Euro 300hp | 2005 E55 AMG Wagon | 1998 S210 E320

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Updated the first post with some better pictures of 'Ginger'.

Comment

Changed all the Ford logo's to black/red...

Some extra green tint on my first 2 side windows... only USA made it possible in green.

This came out nice imho....

Comment

Dragrace but no opponent

Fully loaded indication lowz...

Random shot this week...

Have an audio upgrade next week and airride planned for 2015! Can't wait

Comment

It's like a chubby ford focus lol. I can't wait to see what you do to it!
                          on instagram straight flexin'

Comment

So much yes! Sub'd your thread on StanceNation when you wanted a JDM family car haha. Great car man, what wheels are you thinking of? I'm glad you're going for the sporty look and not the VIP look. I think Vossen would look perfect on this thing.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lublub View Post
                              It's like a chubby ford focus lol. I can't wait to see what you do to it!
                              It's not, but I get it.

Originally posted by SliPsY View Post
                              So much yes! Sub'd your thread on StanceNation when you wanted a JDM family car haha. Great car man, what wheels are you thinking of? I'm glad you're going for the sporty look and not the VIP look. I think Vossen would look perfect on this thing.
                              Thanks, and yeah never thought I'd buy this lol.

Ferrari wheels would be kind of fun. But Vossen could be an option.
                              Has to be 20" def. So dunno yet, first airride and some savings haha.

Comment

20" i got your back
                                Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Working...
                                X