No announcement yet.

The Loss of a Friend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to hear that Mike, the car was truly amazing!

Comment

Dang, I actually got sad while reading. It's a shame to see such an iconic car bite the dust. I'm sure there will be a way for it to live on forever
      -George
      flickr

Comment

This car single handedly changed my view on all cars.
        It's crazy to be doing a double take when you're driving next to an "older" car and imagining the potential of that car. Like, playing in your mind what it would look like slammed to the floor with tires stretched over quality wheels. None of that ever happened until I saw this car, and I can say that with certainty.

This car definitely opened up my eyes to the stanced world. Sad to see it go.
        Sam | SICKTRACKS

Comment

i also did a little rip dedication
          the INFAMOUS rusted BMW

Comment

I am new to this site, but I have to speak about what Rusty/Jules did for me. Before I saw your car Mike, I still loved cars, but as you said in the first post, they were just cars. After I saw Jules with the clean black paint, I was in love. It changed the way I felt about my car and cars in general. Then when I saw your enthusiasm after it was totaled and it inspired me. I knew then that my car wasn't just transportation, it was a part of me. Thanks for that, and thanks for what you have done for the stance community across the world. People in the mainstream may not know about you or Rusty, but you two have made a huge impact on many people.
            RIP Rusty.

Comment

this car brought me to stance works period! my next car is gonna be a e30 and plan on giving it the military theme but who knows. ill miss the progression of this car. crazy to think something so special or out of the box made a huge stirr in the scene. much love

Comment

All I can say is

Comment

man.. never thought i'd get so choked up about this. the video made me start tearing up and everything. one of my favorite cars of all time, in all of its iterations. it's a fitting end to the car though, going out in style.
                  4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

It's sad to see it go, but at least I can say that I saw it in person...and even touched it with my third leg

Comment

• mr. burroughs, i **** you because of your ginger hair and porcelain complexion...
                      I love you because if it wasn't for you trolling Vwvortex a while back, id never get to see stanced bimmers since i was so into Vw's.

now i rock strictly bimmers and a mk2 gti track car...bless you.

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

• I can't believe this is happening......
                        I remember how many necks you broke when you got to ISLAND's in San Diego,
                        we all ran out of the Restaurant to check out Rusty, I couldn't believe I got to see the
                        Famous Rusty.

R.I.P

Comment

• At least we have so many pictures to remember it by!

If you can't find an art museum to put it in, you should definitely turn the hood or trunk into a barbecue pit in your backyard.

Comment

• noooo.

Comment

• car was a huge influence with getting me into stancing my car. and this car was the beginning of an awesome friendship with you mike! i remember rolling down to sowo and having to stop in the middle of the interstate to take your hood off.

r.i.p. rusty/jules-you were loved and ***** by many. for me it was love!

some pictures i was lucky to get to shoot of mike's car.

Comment

• Originally posted by thatskinnykid View Post
                                Read your write-up. Liked this segment
                                Mike credits this car for many of the friendships he now has. And I think we can all relate. Take your cars away. Take away the people you’ve met because of your cars. What are you left with? For me personally, that is most of friends. They’re all somehow related or intertwined with cars. But from another aspect, take away the experiences. The road trips. The wrench days. The photo-shoots. The nights you’ve spent standing in a parking lot freezing your ass for hours just to talk to these people. You’re not left with much. There is something about it that I can never manage to put into words. Whether or not you want to admit it, these cars are a huge part of our lives.
                                From the Treasure Island Meet

Main Page - Facebook - Flickr - Instagram - Twitter
                                Originally posted by Oxer
                                You know who Jason is? Anyone here read the Bible or know most of the stories etc? Who's the guy that stands at the gate and decides if you get into heaven or not? That's Jason. He processes everyone in the intro threads and welcomes them.
                                Originally posted by Average_Jerk
                                Also you relinquish all of your rights by posting in RT. You can be banned at any time for no reason at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X