No announcement yet.

My Glorified VW Beetle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Porsche market in my area is dead right now, so I guess I'm just going to hang onto the car for now (unless someone here wants to buy it? ). I sold the Rotiforms and the car is getting a makeover right now.

-Darrick

Frankenbike Build Thread
    Another Frankenbike Build

sigpic

Comment

• Dang them new Rotiform Hovers RTMs

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Obvious View Post
        The Porsche market in my area is dead right now, so I guess I'm just going to hang onto the car for now (unless someone here wants to buy it? ). I sold the Rotiforms and the car is getting a makeover right now.
        I don't want to be a dick but is it maybe because it's a 996?

I'm under the impression that they've held their value the worst out of any Porsche. I'm not sure if it will appreciate upwards any in the future. You would know better than me though :0

Comment

• Originally posted by Stupid Kid View Post
          I don't want to be a dick but is it maybe because it's a 996?

I'm under the impression that they've held their value the worst out of any Porsche. I'm not sure if it will appreciate upwards any in the future. You would know better than me though :0
          Being a 996 is definitely a part of it; but when I say the 911 market is dead right now, I mean it's dead for all generations around here. It's really odd. The C4S (which mine is) is one of the more desirable and sought-after 996s because of the Turbo drivetrain and wide body. Personally, I don't think the narrow-body 996 has any chance of ever being a "classic", but I can say with a pretty decent amount of confidence that the GT2/GT3/Turbo/C4S variants will become collectors items at some point.
          -Darrick

Frankenbike Build Thread

sigpic

Comment

• Shitty early narrowbody 996's still go for like 20-30 grand around my area and turbos are around 40. I think 996's will be a collectors item because in 10 years most of the actually driven ones will have a blown motor.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
            @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

• Originally posted by rice4life View Post
              most of the actually driven ones will have a blown motor.
              Quite the opposite if you ask me. If you browse the 996 forums, most of the guys who complain about how much maintenance their car requires or how often it is in the shop are the guys with 20k mile garage queens who let it sit in their garage for months at a time while waxing it with their semen every weekend while they congratulate themselves on owning a Posche.

Guys like me (105k miles on mine now) who actually drive and use our cars basically change the oil and replace wear items as needed. Plenty of guys on the forums with 200k+ miles on their 996s.
              -Darrick

Frankenbike Build Thread

sigpic

Comment

• Ill trade you 20k in wheels for that car lol
                @sd262 - instagram

Comment

• Want a Hyundai ???

Car looked great on the TMBs! hopefully you just keep it and it gets even better

Comment

• The car is back together now after it's little makeover. WaterWerks was yesterday, so hopefully a few more pics of it will pop up soon.

Here's one a friend snapped:

-Darrick

Frankenbike Build Thread

sigpic

Comment

• -Darrick

Frankenbike Build Thread

sigpic

Comment

• Looks incomplete without the TMBs...
                        Originally posted by Stupid Kid
                        You're the worst everything everywhere

Comment

• Yeah.. as a random internet person, not a fan of the Coxster sticker and the blacked out wheels...

I get having car ADD, but it looked way better before.

Comment

• Originally posted by Z.Cockburn View Post
                            not a fan of the Coxster sticker
                            Not a Boxster sticker, it's from the early 911s. Porsche brought it back for the Speedster recently.
                            -Darrick

Frankenbike Build Thread

sigpic

Comment

• Here's what that decal is originally from:

-Darrick

Frankenbike Build Thread

sigpic

Comment

• I'm aware that the older cars used that sticker too, but the last car to wear that sticker from the factory was...

I just loved it when it was clean and classy that's all.

Comment

Working...
                                X