sigpic

Comment

• bad ass car man so jelly
      Instagram: danimal._
      Mercedes Build Thread
      Falcon Build Thread

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Obvious View Post
        Good seeing you too, my old wheels look really good on the 7-Series.

I saw you pulled over right before Steven's Pass, with a big rock behind the car or something? What happened?
        They'll look better on my touring I hope.

I blew out my rear suspension on a bump and broke stuff. I dont have an ebrake, so I used the rocks so i wouldnt roll down the hill while I jacked up the rear and was investigating the issue. Heres how it sits after the suspension blowout. Car looks way cooler, but this is static, ha

[

Comment

• Oh damn, you make it home okay? That's, like, crazy Japanese VIP guy low right there.
          -Darrick

Frankenbike Build Thread
          Another Frankenbike Build

sigpic

Comment

• Just want you to know, I **** that because of this thread I was looking at 996s for sale locally.

Car looks tits man, don't change a thing. Perfection.
            - Bagged '98 Chevy S10 - Stock '88 Volvo 240DL - Broken '87 Mitsubishi Starion ESi-R - Also Broken '87 Shelby Lancer #707/800 -

Comment

• must say this was by far the best executed car at leavenworth this year. simply stunning and so simple. well done.

Comment

• stock seats + roll bar...? Sounds dangerous

Comment

• Originally posted by Daviticus View Post
                  Just want you to know, I **** that because of this thread I was looking at 996s for sale locally.
                  Do it! Seriously, the 996 is such a bargain right now for what you get in terms of style, performance, reliability, prestige, etc. The C4S is actually starting to appreciate in value a bit right now since they are more rare, but you can still get very nice narrow-body 996s for ~$20k or so.

Originally posted by Stolzy View Post
                  must say this was by far the best executed car at leavenworth this year. simply stunning and so simple. well done.
                  Thanks, I appreciate that. One of the things that I really like about this car is it appeals to all types. Everyone from the hipster/yolo/jawlsy kids, to the old cranky Porsche purists seem to really like the car.

Originally posted by Fucitol View Post
                  stock seats + roll bar...? Sounds dangerous
                  Not at all. These cars were designed to have roll bars with stock seats. Porsche even made an OEM roll bar for these cars, that my cage is basically a replica of. There is essentially zero chance of me or a passenger being injured in a wreck by hitting the roll bar, and if we were to hit the roll bar in a wreck, it would be a bad enough wreck that hitting the roll bar would be the last of our worries.
                  -Darrick

Frankenbike Build Thread

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Obvious View Post
                    Do it! Seriously, the 996 is such a bargain right now for what you get in terms of style, performance, reliability, prestige, etc. The C4S is actually starting to appreciate in value a bit right now since they are more rare, but you can still get very nice narrow-body 996s for ~$20k or so..
                    That's what I've noticed. Although It'll be more likely that I'll step into a 964 before a 996, I can't exactly tackle a $20k purchase off the cuff right now. All things with time.

Thanks for the insight, I hope to see many great future updates for this kickass whip.
                    - Bagged '98 Chevy S10 - Stock '88 Volvo 240DL - Broken '87 Mitsubishi Starion ESi-R - Also Broken '87 Shelby Lancer #707/800 -

Comment

• Wow, long time, no updates...

So, I had the front end torn apart on the car this weekend to rebuild the CV joints due to a couple torn boots.

After removing the axles I decided that since I'd already done the hard part, I might as well go all-out and remove the AWD from the car and make it a "proper" 911.

The whole setup comes out really easily (90 minutes) and is totally reversible (it'd take maybe 3 hours to reinstall everything if I change my mind). Removing it dropped about 80 pounds off the car, not to mention getting rid of some parasitic driveline drag.

I haven't gotten to drive the car yet because I still need to disassemble the outer CVs and reinstall the axle stubs since they hold the hub together and contain the wheel speed sensor pickups.
                      -Darrick

Frankenbike Build Thread

sigpic

Comment

• nice. is the engine management (i.e. traction control, etc) going to have a fit with those parts missing?

Comment

• No issues. The AWD system is purely mechanical on these cars (no sensors involved whatsoever) and the traction/stability control is based solely off of wheel speed.

It's actually a fairly common mod with 911 Turbo owners as the viscous coupling in the front diff doesn't take kindly to 600+ horsepower, which is a pretty easy power goal in those cars.
                          -Darrick

Frankenbike Build Thread

sigpic

Comment

• Nice switch to rwd!
                            I dislike Byron.

Comment

• <3 as always.

Comment

• Was waiting for an update, and this was a good one.
                                @sd262 - instagram

Comment

Working...
                                X