• Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is a surprising build

i like it very much

subbed
    Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

this is retarded.... in such a good way, i cant wait to see all the BMW purists throw up over it.

Comment

love it, so out there! I hope you put some skinny ass wheels+tyres on the front, like motorbike tyres, like the oldschool rods do.

Comment

eye
          fucking
          love
          this
          build.

start updating this every day or I'm going to throw myself off a bridge.

DON'T TEST ME! I'LL DO IT!!

-Updated 07-29-2013- _ padraig@deathsquad.ca _ _

Comment

Two steps to greatness:

1) Post this on bf.c
            2) Revel in the lulz

www.fluidmotorunion.com
            www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
            I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Comment

Sickkk!

Comment

so awesome.
                Counter Kultur.com

Comment

Originally posted by padraigmk3 View Post
                  eye
                  fucking
                  love
                  this
                  build.

start updating this every day or I'm going to throw myself off a bridge.

DON'T TEST ME! I'LL DO IT!!
                  Figured you'd like this based on your build thread and it's awesomeness. Plus, I like readi g your build since I owned a low MK3 for a while. 7mGT-E pooowah!
                  Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion View Post

Two steps to greatness:

1) Post this on bf.c
                  2) Revel in the lulz
                  He almost made it look like one of the rarer hatchbacks just to make purists cry. Some of our customers that are the newer Camaro and Corvette snobs just stare at it with the "that shouldn't be around my nice car..." look. They are even more shocked when John says it's his.

Some people love it, some people despise it. It's always a big reaction, whether good or bad. Never just a "meh".

As for updates, we didn't exactly plan on clearance for the water pump. Rather than John cutting a notch in the tube that braces the front, he took a bandsaw to the water pump. Had to chop the snout and some of the other unnecessary trimmings hanging out the side to get it to fit. A little welding and she'll be good to go!
                  Last edited by Repiks; 09-15-2011, 09:08 PM.
                  03' Lightning w/ Bolt-Ons | KLR 650 | Duece.

Originally posted by willis
                  This is Stanceworks, champ. Get with it.

Comment

in!
                    ClubSandwichMember

Comment

I absolutely love the way this thread goes! Can't wait for more pics

Comment

Cannot wait to see the finished product

Comment

Please! Continue...
                          Originally posted by JC.
                          'Stance' doesn't have to be scraping your car along the floor, that is simply the scene that has caught on. As long as your car looks amazing (in your eyes) while your rolling down the street, that is your own personal perfect stance.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
                            Meh. :/

"Real" (no offense, just used to define the usual rods) rods can pull off the fenderless look, because for them the fenders are originally parts that are ATTACHED to the body and are simply taken off for this / cut off.

With a newer style body like this, that is not possible. At the moment it just looks like... there was a random axle with random wheels lying around and you placed a bare shell on it, to save some space in storage. :/ Quite awkward, imho.

If you want the fenderless look, maybe weld the rear fenders closed with just a small opening for the axle?
                            hey! think 2002 turbo! it had flares that attached to the body. close enough
                            Hatchbacks, wagons... It's NOT all the same. You want in? Don't get a mazda 3, get a mazda 6 wagon. Don't get a wrx get a legacy wagon. and theres a reason the A3 isn't called the A3 avant... Scion does not make a wagon it makes a weird van, but no wagons

Sincerely,
                            The Wagon Mafia:Inner Circle
                            P.S. Is your tail a wagon?

Show cars are lame.

Comment

Well guys, sorry I've been slacking on the updates.

We've done a few things. We had some extra pipe laying around that was already, well.... "weathered". So John Lee threw together this exhaust. It took him about 15 minutes to get it all completed. We've decided that cars probably won't want to park beside us.

Also, we've ran all of the brake components along with the beginnings of the floor.

And, we scored some 2.5" wheel spacers. Now we'll be able to run pretty much any wheel we'd like and keep it close to the body. I'm thinking new Camaro wheels (the large concave and angular 5 spokes), but everyone here has an idea for wheels. All we know, is that the IROC wheels with Hoosiers won't be staying.

So here's some crappy cell phone pics of the progress.

And now it comes down to the part we all despise...wiring.

03' Lightning w/ Bolt-Ons | KLR 650 | Duece.

Originally posted by willis
                              This is Stanceworks, champ. Get with it.

Comment

[QUOTE=FluidMotorUnion;567439]

^ this 2x omg c'mon man im at work. trying to get me fired? Fucking Gorgeous!!

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

Working...
                                X