No announcement yet.

The Notorious Rat Rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fucking love it! awesome idea and perfect exectution/plan so far. please continue...

id love to see it in a drift comp when done. it'd certainly scare the shit out of the other drivers
    sigpic
    Midmounted Mazda Minitruck video build thread - www.youtube.com/pimppalacecustoms
    Build pics and randomness - www.facebook.com/pimppalacecustoms
    Long term project 340i (Lexus V8 powered e21) http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...highlight=340i

Comment

Lookin' good! I can't wait for more progress pictures

Originally posted by 340i View Post
      id love to see it in a drift comp when done. it'd certainly scare the shit out of the other drivers
      THIS.
      Track Log / Build Thread *Pic Heavy*
      Mods: Armor Bodies Superbike bodywork, BT-003 RS, Renthal 50mm Clipons, Bickle warmers, etc...
      Gear: ATGATT down to the mouthguard.

A few vintage Yamaha bikes :sing

Comment

holy shit! must see more!

build thread?

Comment

Oh sweet lanta, yes!
          Christof Goulart
          FCGoulartDesign.

Comment

Awesome!!
            facebook.com/hirnwixen.at

Comment

A quick update.

But firstly,

Originally posted by ScrappinBeretta View Post
              yeah..... not diggin it. the Term "Rat Rod" is getting used too losely anymore. to be considered a rat it must be Pre 1964 (not my rules, these were set by true rat rod owners).

i give u props for the effort
              Thanks for the props, but a builder of a Rat Rod doesn't put a specific year requirement to be considered a Rat. It's just a state of a cars being. It's being made out of anything and everything (and sometimes junk) and turn it into something head turning. So, I'm not sure which "true rat rod owners" you know and why they are the committee of rules regarding the Rats, but I'd like to respectfully disagree.

Now, onto the ol' 2002.

We finally bought the parts needed for the transmission. The TH350 should be put together within the week. It all depends on how much beer is in the fridge for after hours work.

Here's a quick picture of the 2002 parked next to a Jeep we've been working on (mostly just swapping in an LS motor in replace of the stock drive train). It's been sitting at the other side of the shop for so long, it felt good to push it back over to our side.

To anyone that would like to come check out the Rat Rod, feel free to stop by our shop. PM me for the address, I don't want to put our shop name up just for respect of paying sponsors on here. We're a super chill shop that loves showing off what we do, so come by and take a look and give some insight. We usually have a 800+whp car sitting around too to drool over.
              03' Lightning w/ Bolt-Ons | KLR 650 | Duece.

Originally posted by willis
              This is Stanceworks, champ. Get with it.

Comment

I love seeing progress on this thing, it's so damn cool. Any new ideas for wheels yet?

I feel like these would be sick with a lot of dish in the back... not sure why, i just think it would be cool.

///M 2.0
                G60 POWAR... never forget

Comment

Wow. Love it! keep up the awesome work guys!

www.sogoodco.com

Comment

Well, John Lee got the transmission together. He seems to think that it won't work, but knowing John it'll out perform most transmissions in it's class. He broke a few parts that we couldn't order, so the mill and the welder came out to make some replacement pieces. Regardless, it took longer than we wanted but he got it all back together. So we bolted up the bell housing to the LS1 and started to shoe-horn. It took about a full hour to try to get it in.

And the end product, freshly mounted.

Tried to get the transmission in the picture. Came out way too dark, but there's some RX7 LS1 swapped goodness in the background to drool at.

03' Lightning w/ Bolt-Ons | KLR 650 | Duece.

Originally posted by willis
                    This is Stanceworks, champ. Get with it.

Comment

too.many.excite
                      sub-fucking-scribed
                      Originally posted by M.Burroughs
                      I'd have to say this site was founded on building the cars we wanted to build, despite if the rest of the car community liked it or not. This site was founded on freedom of automotive self expression and the passion that goes in to each and every build... This site is about doing what you like, whatever makes you happy, and not caring about what other people think...

Comment

this is AWESOME
                        Straight Outta Wiscompton
                        Team Gileto. Graphics-Coatings-Performance
                        Shakotan Midnight - Low Car Street Team

Comment

itd be awesome if it had a BMW V8 in it with velocity stacks and breather pipes

Comment

i want.

Comment

fuck yes.

Comment

Getting very amped about this now.....hell yeah!
                                '69 BMW 2002
                                '07 Suzuki Swift (Wife's Car)

'87 Mercedes 230TE - Wagon love. Happy to be back in a Benz!!

"Motion is Tranquility" - Sir Stirling Moss

Comment

Working...
                                X