Mad tyte KDM build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
    Looking good manye! When are you coming down for SoWo?
    Next year.

Don't have the vacation time this year.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Damn you andy!!! I'm thinking you're coming to KDM rep with me

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

• Got one of the front wheels buffed tonight, then looked at the rears and decided to do them again. lol

I'll do the other front wheel tomorrow then hit the one I did tonight again. After that one is done, I'll do the other again. I want to be sure they are as good as possible before moving to the next compound. They already look really good, but I don't want there to be any scratches.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• This must take like a million years to do
          Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
            This must take like a million years to do

Pretty much. With cleaning them and stuff, all the wetsanding, and the buffing I've done, I've got a little over 30 hours into them.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Originally posted by andybob View Post

Pretty much. With cleaning them and stuff, all the wetsanding, and the buffing I've done, I've got a little over 30 hours into them.
              jesus fucking christ
              can't you pay a mexican like 20 bucks to do that?
              Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
                jesus fucking christ
                can't you pay a mexican like 20 bucks to do that?
                I think I would spend more time trying to find a Mexican around here.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Originally posted by andybob View Post
                  I think I would spend more time trying to find a Mexican around here.

Lucky...

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                  @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

• Got all my wheels buffed with the 3M compound then went to the Maguires stuff I had. It didn't do shit, if anything it made them more cloudy and shitty looking:

So I did the wheel again with the 3M compound then hit it with the Mothers polish by hand:

That'll do the trick.

Once I hit them with the polish on the powerball, I think they are going to look pretty damn good. I plan to start polishing them Monday and Tuesday, put wax on them, then assemble them all Tuesday so I can put the tires on Wednesday.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Got the rears polished this morning. Not 100% happy with them and I **** the 'good enough' attitude I have towards them right now, but I'm running out of time and money to keep fucking around with them. I need to get my ass going on buying a house so these will just have to do for now.

Pics:

Mothers polish on the powerball:

After doing each wheel once with the powerball, I did them by hand with the polish and waxed them quick.

Here you can see why I'm not 100% happy:

I don't know where I went wrong. I took my time sanding and buffed the living shit out of them. Oh well.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• They may not be mirror, but damn do they look good in the sun haha

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

• Update.

Woke up this morning, polished the front wheels, waxed them, then took a little break.

Here are the wheels:

I then had to go to the store and get some new rubber washers for my valvestems, and some more wax.

Once I got back, I got to work. Laid everything out:

I waxed the faces and also waxed the lips again, then started with assembling.

Started by taping off the lips to keep from scratching them up when dropping the faces.

Found out I had to do this to make the faces drop in. Made them pretty much slide into place. Had to whack them just a little with a soft faced deadblow.

Once the face was on, I flipped the wheel and started with the bolts that threaded into the spoke area first, that way it would draw the face in (if it wasn't quite where it needed to be yet) and align everything else. Used locktite on everything.

Made them snug, but not overly tight. Tightened them in a start pattern like you would with a 5-lug wheel.

Then did the valvestems, pic of the new rubber washer and old dry rotted one, I'm amazed they didn't leak air.

Then did the nuts and bolts:

Once all the hardware was in, I snugged everything down. I'd tighten a bolt, go a 180 degrees, snug that one, you get the idea. I was going to torque them, but my wrench only went down to like 40 flt pounds and they felt like they were going to snap. Instead I just went by feel. They aren't overtight, I think I got them good, at least I hope like hell they are fine. lol

I think with the locktite though I'll be fine, no way in hell the nuts are going to back off the bolts.

Anyways, 2 wheels done:

And of course, it wouldn't be a proper project without fucking something up. Pulled a complete newb move and cross threaded one of the nuts. So I had to go back out to the store and i found one that would work:

It has a nylon o-ring thing on it, but I locktite'd it anyways, just to be safe.

Boom, all 4 done:

While all that was going on, I also took the cosmetic bolts out of my centercaps and gave them some love in the brass tumbler, turned out good:

Then while helping my dad with some stuff, I noticed my headlights were getting pretty cloudy, so I buffed them quick.

Before:

After:

Ate some porkchops, came back out, and cleaned up my centercaps all nice. Then threw a coat of wax on them:

Then loaded up the car to be at the tire shop tomorrow morning by 8:

The inside of my car is pretty clean and I want to keep it that way, hence all the rags. lol

So tomorrow once the tires are on, I'll come home, add some preload on the springs in the rear coilovers, adjust the height, and be done for now. Depending on the weather (supposed to rain off/on) I'll start cleaning the outside of my car (wash, clay bar, wax, etc.)

I gotta say, today was a good day. /icecube

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• finally some progress....
                            Hi, I'm Chris and i drive a Miata
                            ASS & KITTIES

Comment

• Waxed my centercaps last night, then threw the bolts in:

Then did this:

And put everything on:

Added some preload to the rear coils. Found out the bodies are froze (rust i think) in the mounts, can't turn them at all. Even with a lot of WD-40 and some heat, they wont budge.

When it gets nicer out (raining atm) I'll wash, clay bar, and wax the car and take some more pics. Pretty happy with the way everything turned out, wheels look really good on the car.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Little update.

Feels good to be driving on these wheels again. Front is rubbing really bad on slow speed turns. I can turn the wheel about half way and that's about it. lol

Since the fenders are already pretty fucked, I'm gonna leave it the way it is. Once the wheels are widened and I have the 9's up front it wont be nearly as bad since I'll have more stretch. Hoping next week it will be nicer so I can clean up the outside and take some pics.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

Working...
                                X