No announcement yet.

Mad tyte KDM build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much do you want for the coilovers? Im willing to take them if they are still good.

Comment

• So I've had a couple people flake on the coils but I did sell the wheels.

And I've just been driving it in it's mostly stock glory.

But when you're a car guy, and you have parts laying around, it's hard to keep shit stock.

Any who, 2 weekends ago I did the timing belt and some other fun maintenance items. First time doing a timing belt and she runs like a beaut. Win.

Tomorrow I am tackling the clutch. I've never done one, I pretty much have no idea what getting into. Good thing it's a long weekend. I'm also replacing both cv shafts whilst I'm at it. Might as well, they were only $45 each.

Once that's all set and I figure out this little pesky evap nonsense code, I'll clean the coils up and throw them back under the car and roll on balloon tires with wal mart hub caps. dealwithit.jpg

Figured I might as well enjoy the hell out of it as I can't afford another vehicle, and it does run pretty mint. I might have some pictures sooner or later.

And I'll admit, I do miss the Wald's :'(

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• The legend continues.

Glad to see that you're getting back into it. What wheels might you run next?

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
        @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

• Originally posted by rice4life View Post
          The legend continues.

Glad to see that you're getting back into it. What wheels might you run next?
          Unless I become a millionaire prolly just the stock ones. Lol

The car is starting to rust pretty good underneath. So it's not something I want to keep modifying. I just want to keep it going as long as she'll go.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Get the stock steelies widened and stretch your current tires on it?

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
            @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

• Read this whole thread it looked great on the walds man id just try and find some cheap rims to fit under it especially if the coils aren't going to be slammed out

Comment

• Got totally fuckulated trying to do the clutch yesterday. CV shafts are froze in the hubs. I tried an air hammer, dead blow, and finally a 5 lb sledge. Nothing. While doing all that I smokes a wheel bearing. Of course, they are press in as well. Got new bearing, put it back together, and I'm taking it to the shop where I used to work at and we'll do it there. My old boss said if I help the guys out he'll cut me a deal and take care of me.

So that's what I am doing. I ***** this car so much yesterday. It fights me on everything.
                Last edited by andybob; 05-25-2014, 07:42 AM. Reason: Autocorrect is fucking garbage

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Can't love as car unless you have days you absolutely **** it. A little rust underneath is nothing, use the road as a wire-wheel to just gently brush it off. Might as well just stick with the car at this point, it's the devil you know.

Comment

• This car is sold i believe now. Owner has a Jeep

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

• Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
                      This car is sold i believe now. Owner has a Jeep
                      Originally posted by andybob View Post

I ended up driving it for a total of 6 days before I took it off the road and put my Kia back on the road.

Oh well. Lesson learned, it's for sale, time to move on.

I've also been kicking around the idea to see what it would take to get into a used Genesis Coupe. It'd have to be a 2.0t R-Spec but I'm sure there are some around. We'll see where that goes. For now I have the little Kia.
                      Or nwah.

Comment

• Holy bump.

I drove the Jeep for 6 days then put the Kia back on the road.

Car is stock though minus the intake as I don't have the stock airbox. I'm just trying to make the car last as long as possible. I've moved and I'd really like to have a truck as I kind of need it (we got 3 feet of snow last weekend). I'm thinking come springtime this car might be gone. I'd love to keep it as a winter beater but if I'm still in an apartment I don't have the space for 2 vehicles. It's starting to get real rusty and shit is always breaking.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

Working...
                        X