X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 180roman View Post
    looks good man,

whats the specs on the advans, don't think you posted

you can also cheat to overcome the tire profile dilemma by having the flares mounted lower on the guard thus moving the guard closer to the rim without lowering the car, which means you can run lower profile and raise it slightly without creating a fender gap or sitting on the rails
    Thats because theyre lame spec mate, 14 x 6j, i bought them because they were splits but when i got them theyve been (amazingly) welded up.

Yeh ive got a guide on how to make BOSO arches for it so im gonna get a mid to low pro and go from there

Comment

ah it looks like you should still be able to flip the centers and slide them in from the other side though, to create big negative offset
      Drinking Enthusiast with a Car Problem

Comment

Originally posted by SLAMbert View Post
        Thats because theyre lame spec mate, 14 x 6j, i bought them because they were splits but when i got them theyve been (amazingly) welded up.

Yeh ive got a guide on how to make BOSO arches for it so im gonna get a mid to low pro and go from there
        please share!

Comment

Originally posted by Vegas13 View Post
          please share!
          By popular demand, heres how I did them! You will need: - 1x 8'x4' sheet of polycarbonate (makrolon or similar) 1 to 3mm thickness - 1x 2mm aluminum sheet - 1x roll of vinyl (colou

Thar your go sunshine.

Comment

I also got a nice wooden steering wheel from a mate so i painted the centre white as i thought it looked better then the dingy satin black.

Luckily i got a picture of this because it was the last time ide see it nice and clean, as when i got home i found out it had been tagged by a fiend who happens to be my girlfriend, so i matched her tagging for some of my own and decided to laquer it.

I like it, gives a more intimate feel.

Before

After.

Comment

nice tutorial, and hella nice wheel! post more prgress! or make more lolol

Comment

Originally posted by Vegas13 View Post
                nice tutorial, and hella nice wheel! post more prgress! or make more lolol
                Ill make more during my week off after christmas gonna get the wheels wrapped in some nice rubber, and fix the leaky brakes!

Watch me.

Comment

im watching!

Comment

do.want.
                    no boso arches tho
                    Originally posted by M.Burroughs
                    I'd have to say this site was founded on building the cars we wanted to build, despite if the rest of the car community liked it or not. This site was founded on freedom of automotive self expression and the passion that goes in to each and every build... This site is about doing what you like, whatever makes you happy, and not caring about what other people think...

Comment

My favourite wheels and one of my favourite cars. Please put them on soon.
                      Stance-less

Comment

If you run boso arches, you need minimum 12j rears
                        Originally posted by anth
                        Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Good lord, this thing is going to be hard as fuck. Steering wheel, check. Wheels, check. Old school fitment, check.
                          Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion
                          Fuck Rotas, I'd rather my wheels not break apart when I drive over a watermelon seed.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxer View Post
                            If you run boso arches, you need minimum 12j rears
                            Unfortunately i know this its a harsh fact of life.

So i have 2 options,
                            1. run it with advans and have some nice tuck under original arches.
                            2. Get something meatier from somewhere and go for the boso.

Opinions?

Comment

Originally posted by SLAMbert View Post
                              Unfortunately i know this its a harsh fact of life.

So i have 2 options,
                              1. run it with advans and have some nice tuck under original arches.
                              2. Get something meatier from somewhere and go for the boso.

Opinions?
                              3. machine lips off, get new lips made up
                              4. ?????????????
                              5. profit.

Originally posted by anth
                              Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Got abit of a bitching update guys.

Well i was hunting around for cheap tyres for the advans , while still hurting over the fact theyre only 6j when i went on driftworks and browsed through some parts for sale.

I found something awesomeeeee.

13 x 8 wellers and 13 x 10 steelies, for basically nothing.
                                Little to say a fair few people wanted them but the bloke wanted to sell local 1st, where was he located, NORFOLK! my neck of the woods.

so a quick phonecall later and a trip to bumfuck nowhere i collected these badboys, and had snout about the sellers notchback levin, quality chap.

The Wellers.

And the beast's.

Gonna be giving them all a refurb in the same colours as the advans and little to say some new tyres, but this basicallly means i can do my boso arches now without worrying what will fill them lol (depending upon offset and maybe some spacers )

Oh and theres also a update tommorow as thats the day allocated for getting the laurel, shall we say, roadworthy.

Hope everyone had a bitching xmas!

Comment

Working...
                                X