No announcement yet.

e30 build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice man, you got that swap done pretty damn fast.

Comment

• Originally posted by Byron View Post
      Nice man, you got that swap done pretty damn fast.
      Thanks dude, definitely didn't waste much time, but still have some work to do to get it where I want it to be. Want to roll around h2o with no hood this year, but gotta make sure its pretty to do that :P

Comment

• what is your final offset on the d90 rear et02??

Comment

• Originally posted by WillE28 View Post
          what is your final offset on the d90 rear et02??
          et 2.3 to be exact et 12.3 up front.

Comment

• you have 50mm adapters rigth?

Comment

• Originally posted by WillE28 View Post
              you have 50mm adapters rigth?
              40mm front
              50mm rear

Comment

• thanks i think i will run 50mm all around because i have 16x7 et 62 front

Comment

• I like this! Funny swap you've done.

I also think your bronze painted porsche's fits the red paint nicely. Rare but cool combo.
                  - '89 E30 M-Tech 2
                  - '10 TT RS
                  - '13 A3 SB

Comment

• Originally posted by famguy View Post
                    I like this! Funny swap you've done.

I also think your bronze painted porsche's fits the red paint nicely. Rare but cool combo.
                    Thanks,

yeah I figured I'd give myself a challenge, but it turned out to be pretty simple all said and done.

Thanks, planning on continuing the colour combo into the engine bay. Car will be on hold for a while as life has become hectic as of late, but hopefully I can come back better then ever sooner then later.

Comment

• So another update out of the blue haha.

Story behind this one.

I dailyed the e30 for about a month, had a few problems due to po's neglect of the engine and trans, but got it sorted until the engine spun a bearing. So being frustrated, moving, and changing jobs I left the car alone for a while, saved some money etc.

Well now I have be working my ass off, ordering/buying parts and doing work on the car, along with the help of good friends. Seem to be at the shop more then home these days.

So far I have ordered/bought:

Suspension:
                      OEM offset control arm bushings
                      OEM control arms
                      OEM tie rods inner/outer e36
                      used e36 steering rack
                      OEM sway bar links front and rear
                      OEM sway bar bushings front and rear
                      OEM sway bar brackets front and rear
                      OEM rear subframe mounts
                      OEM differential mount
                      OEM trailing arm bushings

Brakes

SS gel coated brake lines
                      Caliper rebuild kits/ rust free calipers
                      TRW Brake pads front and rear
                      OEM ebrake spring kit
                      TRW ebrake shoes
                      Brake rotors front and rear
                      New hardlines here and there

Engine

Nissan piston ring set
                      Nissan engine gasket set
                      ACL race rod bearing set
                      ACL race main bearing set
                      HKS oil filler cap
                      Nissan dipstick
                      Nissan thrust washers
                      Used oem crank
                      Used oem connecting rods
                      Nissan water pump
                      Nissan tstat
                      Nissan oil pickup
                      ARP head stud kit
                      Apex'i bov
                      Hallman pro boost controller

Engine bay:

OEM m3 engine covers for firewall

I've made a bunch of progress in everything, but haven't been able to finish anything due to parts hold up's

So far I've stripped the engine bay of seam sealer, cut some holes, and welded some fresh metal in to get rid of dents/holes. Hopefully priming the bay tomorrow, fixing anything I missed and spraying the bay this week.

donor metal

starting to weld it in ( gasless welder FTL)

I've Stripped, reinforced, and rust painted the front subframe, stripped the steering rack and swap bar and painted those too. Installed the tie rods, Installed, the control arms with the new offset bushings pressed in, so all of that is waiting to get put on, once the bay is painted.

The engine has been disassembled and cleaned, along with painting all the parts ( some I will do once the block is assembled), I got my engine parts in the mail today, so tomorrow I will begin assembling the engine fully. I've picked colour for the bay and valvecover, which is sparkly red, because, who doesnt like sparkly red right? Turned out awesome on the valve cover so I'm excited to see how the bay will turn out.

and with clear

I was planning on ordering some custom shortened BC coils, but I'm not sure if I will go through with that for now. I do already have eibach race springs, adjusters, and top hats, so all I'd need is some shocks and camber plates. I will probably weld up a temporary coilover until I decide what to do.

A buddies car I got distracted away from the e30 with, he run's www.Scrapedcrusaders.com, check it out

Someone had hit him and dented both his driver side doors along with the rear quarter, so we scuffed some dent free doors and threw them on, not bad for tremclad ( Doors are not aligned)

Will have some more updates soon, aiming to have the bay done, engine in, and front suspension in for next week, we'll see how well it goes. Still have a few friends cars to work on inbetween too. If parts co-operate I want to have all the suspension, brakes and everything fresh by the end of the month.
                      Last edited by Dutchy; 07-20-2011, 12:40 AM.

Comment

• I heard this car is going to be slow

Comment

• Sorry to hear about your misfortunes, but stoked to see the rebuild...can't wait for h20i

1984 BMW 318i- 1JZ-GTE

Comment

• Originally posted by .Mad Hatter. View Post
                            I heard this car is going to be slow
                            Don't be jelly bro

Another update,

Took some more pic's of parts/mods/new stuff I have for the car:

Isis SS 3" turbo elbow

Isis SS equal length bottom mount with stock t25 and lines etc:

Fresh control arms with offset bushings:

Box's of parts (bushings, brakes etc)

Brake rotors and innovate wideband

Finished dissembling and cleaning the engine out, and installed the "new" rods on the original pistons, along with plasti gauging the bearings and putting the crank in for good, tomorrow I'll install the piston rings, put them in the engine, and put the head etc on.

"new" rods, "new" crank and some other parts

Heating up the piston/rod to slide the wrist pin out:

Heating new rod and old piston to reassemble:

Cleaned block with main bearing halves set in for plasti gauge

The valve cover after shaving the Nissan logo, paint, clear, Bings coilpack cover and HKS oil cap:

My buddy Matt at Gt exhaust accross the parking lot hooked me up and tig welded the flange I made for the apex'i BOV on, along with welding shut the old bung hole on the hot side

heres a shot of the piping welded up with the bov

More to come
                            Last edited by Dutchy; 07-15-2011, 01:12 AM.

Comment

• oh snap, I hadn't seen the valve cover completely done...looks doooooope

Comment

• this is an interesting build, cant wait to see it finished!

Comment

Working...
                                X