X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christ I want a red E30....

Comment

Originally posted by mo diesil View Post
      that is really bad ass, almost want to do SR20 now, they are alway popping up for cheap in my area
      Do it up!

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
      the swap just sounds more and more appealing. good work, cant wait to see the finished product
      Did some more mocking up with the engine, took off the hood liner which resulted in a bunch more room, the oil pan is going to sit very high, once I weld my mounts together I will take some pictures of where it will sit. Currently waiting on some parts to come before I make them, just so I know the exhaust and everything will clear the brake booster and steering linkage.

Originally posted by YotatoySoarer95 View Post
      This is a pretty uncommon swap for most cars other than a 240SX(US spec never came with SR20DET) but more and more people are doing it. I had an SR20DET with a GT3071R and HKS Fcon in my AE86 when I was sliding it, and I meet a few guys on the east coast that had them in their Corollas as well, we never really had alot of E30 guys at the events but most of the guys that did have them either had SR20DET or the RB25DET swapped into them. I never liked the weight and iron block on the RB25 so that is why I went with the SR, that and as far as a balanced engine 85/85 bore/stroke is about as good as it gets. You will love the responsiveness and reliability of that engine and it will throw your car around better than any other swap out there. Cant wait to see a vid of this thing rolling, makes me miss my AE86....lol
      Thanks man, it seems that just about all of the sr swapped e30's are RHD, which would definitely help with pretty much all the issue's I've had so far. Having to go with an aftermarket exhaust manifold and turbo elbow isn't helping the budget, but oh well.

Originally posted by aaron22 View Post
      Awesome e30 man, I've seen this car booting around durham region.
      Thanks man, what do you drive?

Originally posted by XeRo View Post
      Christ I want a red E30....
      Funny because I **** red cars, and the e30 and my corrado were both red

Comment

Well if you don't mind welding you could always fab the intake elbow to fit, the manifold though is a bit more in depth. I never had to mess with those because the engine I bought had already come with a top mounted GT3071R and external wastegate so it just dropped right in. In the end what you put into it will be worth it, you might catch a bit of slag from hardcore Bimmer guys like I caught it from hardcore Yota guys but eff em! ****** gonna ****.

STANCEdC400onWORKS

Comment

as stated below:

Can't wait to see it finished!

Originally posted by Longboarding_G
          you sir, win this battle.
          “Producing something of quality is obsessing over details nobody sees.”

Comment

Well if you don't mind welding you could always fab the intake elbow to fit, the manifold though is a bit more in depth. I never had to mess with those because the engine I bought had already come with a top mounted GT3071R and external wastegate so it just dropped right in. In the end what you put into it will be worth it, you might catch a bit of slag from hardcore Bimmer guys like I caught it from hardcore Yota guys but eff em! ****** gonna ****.
            Definitely do able, no doubt, but would take me a fair bit longer I think. I'm enjoying the challenges so far, I'm hoping to have it done and driving within a month, but we'll see how parts go I guess, waiting on them sucks.

Originally posted by Krank View Post
            as stated below:

Can't wait to see it finished!
            Love Karlspackler's car, definitely been getting alot of flack from the bmw guys, but to each their own I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchy View Post
              Definitely do able, no doubt, but would take me a fair bit longer I think. I'm enjoying the challenges so far, I'm hoping to have it done and driving within a month, but we'll see how parts go I guess, waiting on them sucks.
              Tell me about it.....when I did my five speed swap in my SC400(4.0GT Soarer) some parts came from Australia, some from California, some from Lexus factory in Texas and others from members on other car forums from different states.....the swap itself was about 4/10 difficulty but waiting for the parts was a 10/10 annoying....lol.

Edit: I was deployed last year when I ordered all those parts so accounting for tracking was the hardest part.
              Last edited by YotatoySoarer95; 02-11-2011, 06:41 PM.

STANCEdC400onWORKS

Comment

Awesome stuff man, I've been slowly gathering parts for my SR swap for the last 4 months or so, glad to see someone else that's tackled the job... What'd you do for brake booster/master clearance on the exhaust manifold and stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchy View Post
                  Funny because I **** red cars, and the e30 and my corrado were both red
                  We're afflicted with the same disease I **** red cars too and yet my past 3 cars have been red. I went so far as to wrap my last one in white vinyl to cope with it. For some reason I really like Brilliantrot though.

I'm excited to see this engine swap. Any swap that helps with clearance kicks ass
                  Jason
                  flickr
                  build thread

Comment

Originally posted by ill roller View Post
                    Awesome stuff man, I've been slowly gathering parts for my SR swap for the last 4 months or so, glad to see someone else that's tackled the job... What'd you do for brake booster/master clearance on the exhaust manifold and stuff?
                    I want to try and make the e30 master/booster setup work, since I'll be running a tubular manifold and stainless turbo elbow, i'm hoping to get more room from that. But I know for sure that a skyline r32 booster and RHD master will work. I already have the master, but still trying to get a hold of the booster.

Tell me about it.....when I did my five speed swap in my SC400(4.0GT Soarer) some parts came from Australia, some from California, some from Lexus factory in Texas and others from members on other car forums from different states.....the swap itself was about 4/10 difficulty but waiting for the parts was a 10/10 annoying....lol.

Edit: I was deployed last year when I ordered all those parts so accounting for tracking was the hardest part.
                    That sucks man, well I guess it pays off in the end, waiting for the parts is the absolute worst, especially with the motor already in the car and running, but needing so many little things.

Originally posted by VicSkimmr View Post
                    We're afflicted with the same disease I **** red cars too and yet my past 3 cars have been red. I went so far as to wrap my last one in white vinyl to cope with it. For some reason I really like Brilliantrot though.

I'm excited to see this engine swap. Any swap that helps with clearance kicks ass
                    That's funny, zinnoberrot is growing on me, but i'll see what happens.

Definitely stoked to get more clearance, more loww!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dutchy View Post
                      That's funny, zinnoberrot is growing on me, but i'll see what happens.
                      Mine is zinno toooo! How the hell did I miss this build? So close to me too. You will have some PMs come springtime.

Comment

• bit of an update, car is driving now, going to weld up the rest of the exhaust tomorrow. But here is a video for now.

The swap nears its completion.Everything is running correctly, except for a MAF issue which gets sorted later on.build thread: http://www.stanceworks.com/for...

Comment

• Lookin' good! I'm curious to hear a slightly less distorted sound bite, but that sounds pretty good so far. Great build mate.

sigpic
                          Chi va piano va sano e lontano...
                          • MINI is sold. Next project? • E28 Build Thread

Comment

• Nice ride. That's why I love e30s.

Comment

• Originally posted by Puma View Post
                              Lookin' good! I'm curious to hear a slightly less distorted sound bite, but that sounds pretty good so far. Great build mate.
                              A good video will come soon, going to fit the exhaust this week, so hopefully have some better pictures and video around the weekend.

Comment

• Unfortunately I had some problems with the car this past week, anddd alot of fun

Drove it the whole week boosting quite a bit, but unfortunately the clutch fork pivot broke. So friday night I dropped the trans, replaced the pivot ball and retaining clips, and put it all back together.
                                [
                                Unfortunately that meant no progress on exhaust and cleaning up the bay, but I'm hoping to get that done this week. Hopefully finally get some update pictures.

Comment

Working...
                                X