My slow Widebody B6 Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flavourless View Post
    the transition from flare to quarter panel is not gradual enough for me, i like how the front fender flows. I wish you had done the fenders both on the same side of the car so that you could sit back and make sure the arch of the front and rear fenders match. Its hard to tell what it will look like now and not to mention as the front fender is on the pass side and the rear quarter is on the driver. I know it will come out good in the end as i know this is just the beginning so its hard to tell. keep up the work and keep us updated with progress
    haha i was actually going to hit you up for some tips.

i know it was random as sh1t. i cut the rear flare, then since the other fender was off the car (drivers side) i went to the passenger side and started cutting. then i was like why the hell did i do that lol.

but ill cut up the drivers side front fender this week. see how it looks.

im not really concerns too much about the transition just yet, because its still going to be fiberglassed and bondo'd. af first i wanted subtle, then decided to just to all out and make her wide as shiet.

Widebody B6 build

HIT ME UP if you need Ksport supplies. i can get them to you cheaper than anyone.

Comment

I like it so far mate. Will be so bad ass when done.
      Cant wait to see this all done.
      Clinton
      1st Aussie on here
      Im Back!

Comment

Needs more cow bell lol

Comment

At work right now so I am replyin from my phone ha...but I got some info and stuff for yah what you plannin on gettin done this week?

I say don't do a boser or anything to the hood except shave the washers...although the hood might be aluminum I'll check on the extra one we have at work. Let me know if u need anything
          Ryan

Comment

man the hood has me stuck. i need to do something. i sort of want to do a slight boser. very slight. there was also a hood i saw once that was functional. had a small downwards vent along the passenger side where the turbo is. looks sweet and adds a touch of aggressiveness. ill try to find a picture. i dont even think my hood has washer vents. lol i already removed my whole windshield wiper/washer system.

Widebody B6 build

HIT ME UP if you need Ksport supplies. i can get them to you cheaper than anyone.

Comment

as far as this week, just finish my welding and start glassing.

maybe start on my trunk setup, but i need an air tank to test fit in there

Widebody B6 build

Comment

well your going to want to keep the glass and filler to a very very minimal. I would say you would wanna keep it right around a 1/16th thats why I was mentioning something about modifying the transition on the rear quarters before you really start welding ya know I would also recommend working on the front driver before you start welding up the rear so that you can get the arch very close to each other

excited to see what you get done this week. try focusing on only few things instead of trying to do everything all at once. I know you have mentioned something about your fenders, hood, trunk setup etc. You get to much going on and you could get distracted a lil jumping around. I would focus on the fenders and getting the shape correct as my number one priority and then start making some tacks to lock in the shape of the fenders and then start filling in the pie shapes in the fenders . Once you get done with the fenders then move on to the trunk or whatever else you got planned, then you finish that move on to the next project. Unless you have something like fiberglass drying and waiting for it to harden up, then you can work on something else make sure to post up pics
                Last edited by Flavourless; 09-09-2009, 10:09 PM.
                Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by BreakMyWallet View Post
                  man the hood has me stuck. i need to do something. i sort of want to do a slight boser. very slight. there was also a hood i saw once that was functional. had a small downwards vent along the passenger side where the turbo is. looks sweet and adds a touch of aggressiveness. ill try to find a picture. i dont even think my hood has washer vents. lol i already removed my whole windshield wiper/washer system.
                  leave it it will look better clean and classy :P
                  Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by Flavourless View Post
                    the transition from flare to quarter panel is not gradual enough for me, i like how the front fender flows. I wish you had done the fenders both on the same side of the car so that you could sit back and make sure the arch of the front and rear fenders match. Its hard to tell what it will look like now and not to mention as the front fender is on the pass side and the rear quarter is on the driver. I know it will come out good in the end as i know this is just the beginning so its hard to tell. keep up the work and keep us updated with progress
                    This is what I was talking about. Haha, better put by a guy who does it himself.

Comment

plans for today:

cut/weld front drivers side fender to see how even i can make everything
                      cut rear fender (doubt ill get to weld it)
                      start making template for boser hood/hood vents.

lets see if it actually all goes down

reason im trying to get as much done as possible is because i need to have the welder back to the owner

and the fender is probably more gradual then you guys think. if it was all 1 color youd really be able to see the slope of it. the picture i took from the rear of the car makes it look pretty crazy lol

Widebody B6 build

Comment

I rushed in for pics cuz I saw you posted... lame

Comment

Looking good,top job so far keep it up look forward to the end result
                          Live,Breathe,Build,Believe,BMW!

Comment

Looking good, Billy Ray.

Comment

haha. heres a couple sean. ill have some more in a few

finished routing the ABS wiring harness/ground to its new location

new abs lines will be ran within the next couple weeks

might do a DIY at the end of the project for the abs if anyone is interested

gonna go start cutting up the front fender. hope i finish welding the front fender today so i can get a more accurate depiction of 1 whole side with the WB

Widebody B6 build

Comment

Last edited by BreakMyWallet; 05-23-2010, 02:44 AM.

Widebody B6 build

Comment

Working...
                                X