No announcement yet.

my e28 build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh. Nevermind, then. BTW, it's not for the rear, either.

I thought that was your photo!

Comment

Originally posted by wkohler View Post
      Oh. Nevermind, then. BTW, it's not for the rear, either.

I thought that was your photo!

lol no worries. mine come in today ill snap a picture and post it up.

So far today is in the works to be the fattest pick up of parts.

G/c coils being delivered.

picking up a free 3.23 LSD from a friend

and picking up a set of 17x8.5 et13 fikse FM5's!!!

im looking forward to it

Comment

coilovers went on this weekend. within 20 minutes of driving i had pulled my fender inwards jumped my car on the freeway and bent an oilpan lol. its not leaking thankfully. wheels and spacers should be good to go on by this coming weekend. as well as the roof and shadow line. ill have mike snap some pics for me tonight or tomorrow.

Comment

The Yay roads aren't for the weak.
          Eatin' Babies

Comment

Originally posted by DaRedRocket View Post
            The Yay roads aren't for the weak.
            lol no they are not.

but seriosuly thankyou to everyone that helped me out this weekend. i really would not of been able to do it without you all.

Comment

Sounds to me like you need an aggregate protective plate. Haha.

Austin, do you not check your e-mail?

Comment

Sounds to me like you need an aggregate protective plate. Haha.

i have one lined up. im picking it up at wicker fest. my buddy logan also has a spare pan for me i just need to grab it. so hopefully after that i am all good.

Comment

I do. I must've missed it.
                  Eatin' Babies

Comment

Originally posted by bjh102 View Post
                    i have one lined up. im picking it up at wicker fest. my buddy logan also has a spare pan for me i just need to grab it. so hopefully after that i am all good.
                    I wish I could sell my extra.

What started as a joke has now made me sad.

Comment

I wish I could sell my extra.

What started as a joke has now made me sad.
                      if i had the cash i would take it off your hands... got too many pending projects for that car, cant do it now
                      2011 Outback 2.5i 6MT #subarubaru - daily/off-pavement adventure vehicle
                      2001 BMW 325i Wagon 6MT #daswagoon - wife's #becauseracewagon
                      1996 Suburban 2500 TD #superbbourbon - tow bitch/people hauler

Comment

well i guess its time for some updates. i got the coilovers got a LSD diff and got my wheels together and tires mounted. put everything on. and it didnt go low enough. pulled it all apart again and cut the strut down more so the shock fit in there with no spacer. now the collar is almost all the way up and it sits right where i want it. the borbet type A's rubbed like crazy but i had bigger issues to figure out before that. after installing everything i literally drove 20 miles and hit a step in the freeway and destroyed a shock and broke my struts.

blown shock

wheel rubbing

i got a new shock from ground control got my new wheels and tires mounted got the struts fixed and reinstalled everything. the wheels clear the strut now still need a 10mm spacer to get it flush. they are a really weird offset. 17/8.5 et+something.

wheels

car

its all done cept i need to find a different diff cause the one i have howls like crazy!!

let me know what you think. a few mre things left to do and ill be happy.

Comment

Car looks great. Love it.

You could probably pull apart and rebuild that diff for less than it cost to find another one. I put new friction discs and cleaned and re-lubed everything in my diff for about hundred bucks. Might just need to re-shim it to get rid of the howl.

Mr. Belvedere

I want to buy your single 4x100 Ronal Racing center

Comment

Originally posted by TheNeek View Post
                            Car looks great. Love it.

You could probably pull apart and rebuild that diff for less than it cost to find another one. I put new friction discs and cleaned and re-lubed everything in my diff for about hundred bucks. Might just need to re-shim it to get rid of the howl.

thanks nick!

how hard was it to rebuild your diff. i think i need new front bearings and to reshim it. i posted on my e28 asking how to do it and everyone said just scrap it and find a new one. can you give me some directions that you followed?

Comment

Originally posted by bjh102 View Post
                              thanks nick!

how hard was it to rebuild your diff. i think i need new front bearings and to reshim it. i posted on my e28 asking how to do it and everyone said just scrap it and find a new one. can you give me some directions that you followed?
                              It's not that hard. I didn't replace the bearings. I just cleaned the balls out of everything, replaced the friction discs and re-did the seals.

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

I have a scanned copy of the blue book for the E21 and I just followed that.

Mr. Belvedere

I want to buy your single 4x100 Ronal Racing center

Comment

i want to know what happend with this sick gray e28? is it still your´s?
                                i love the colour and the stance. looks very sick with those rims in black and white. love it raelly much!

Sick picture!
                                Last edited by Reudiger; 03-01-2010, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X