SHANE!s s13 build; yes, it's exactly like everyone elses :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SHANE!s s13 build; yes, it's exactly like everyone elses :(

So, bought this thing prolly around 3 years ago? I've lost track. Bought it from a local dealers back lot for $600 with a "blown motor", which turned out to be a bad mafs

From when I first got it, after some cusco coilovers and aweful wheels:

2nd set of wheels (15x8 +10 are straight mesh):

3rd set of wheels, no pics on the car (15x7 +0 enkei 92)

4th set of wheels (18x8 +20 18x9 +20 axis widetrack)

Drove it around like that for about 6 or so months before the motor really did blow. Luckily, I had been building the ka24de out of my first s13, so I decided to drop it in

This is kinda neat, it's a 350z clutch on an rb20 factory flywheel. Will supposedly hold up to 500hp! And at nearly half the cost of an uber horsepower set up specific to the ka24de! Look at the size difference!

Woohoo! All assembled... that's good right?

No, it isn't. Because it doesn't fucking fit... Turbo hits the brake hardlines.

So I sold the turbo manifold and the huge v-band t4, and went with a revhard cast manifold and a smaller t3/t4, which still didn't fit. The revhard manifold had the same exact fitment as my stainless manifold did. Even with an on-center turbo, I had no clearance! So I sold THAT setup also, and found a nice used custom manifold built by a shop in florida. Came with a nice downpipe and also a tial waste gate for $500! Couldn't pass it up, and it looks tits on the motor too!!

So, it is currently running well. I need to sort a few little things out before I can drive it too much though. The manifold it very very close to the brake hardlines, and I am worried about the fluid boiling, which would suck. Also still running open dif, which blows terribly, and the dp is nearly touching the floorpan, so I am going to need to do some modifying there also. The car needs to be painted pretty badly too. You can see all the different shades of rattle can I used in some of the pics, lol. It's kinda pieced together, but all it really needs is paint, and it'll look super slick . (keeping the same champagne color).

Here's a current list of mods, cardomain style :P

Engine:
    - '91 ka24de with fully rebuilt bottom end
    - Arias 8.7:1 billet pistons
    - Cometic metal headgasket with arp headstuds
    - Custom turbo manifold and dp
    - Tial 38mm wastegate w/ 12psi spring
    - Halman mbc
    - Deatschwerks 550cc injectors
    - n62 mafs
    - Enthalpy base tune (supposedly good for 370hp @ 18psi, haven't dyno'd yet)
    - Mishimoto 3" aluminum radiator and silicone hoses
    - JRC intercooler and custom aluminum plumbing
    - 350z 6puck clutch and RB20 flywheel combo
    - 3" 5zigen catback exhaust w/ 3" cat delete

Suspension/Wheels:
    - Cusco CompS coilovers (10k front and 12k rear) with 1 collar removed
    - 18x8/9 +20 Axis Widetracks with 215-40r18 federals front and rear
    - z32 front brakes with brembo slotted rotors, Touge Factory conversion lines
    - Welded diff (not installed yet)

Interior:
    - Pink dildo shifter
    - Crown Royal shift boot
    - NRG fixed fiberglass bucket (not in right now, getting rewrapped)
    - Old school MOMO leather wrapped wheel (stamped 9/91)

Exterior:
    - Front bumper modified for intercooler, and pignose-vents cut out to make functional.
    - Stock front lip
    - M3 replica sideskirts for mk4 gti, shortened about 2"
    - Stock rear mud flaps with the flap removed
    - Prop vented hood (Trust me, it was necessary :P, lol)

Anyway that's it, I'll update if I do a shoot or do anything else to this thing :P.

Last edited by shane_lxi; 06-08-2010, 09:16 PM.

** '88 mx73 cressida ** '89 s13 240sx **

the axis wheels look awesome.

Comment

I'm actually thinking of selling them in favor of 16" diamonds . 18" is alot bigger then I'd like to run on this, kind of bought these mostly because they were getting discontinued and I got a deal on them through my work. They're nice, but I'm more of a smaller diameter, more poke type of guy.

Comment

Just got my diamonds and i love them .

And shane your still building this thing...i remember this on nwn a long time ago.

Comment

^haha, had several problems with part fitment and money. I know, it's been a long time :P. This thing has been down for around 2 years, but in that time I was buying a house, getting married and having health shit to worry about :P. Took me a bit to get all the money together, plus having to rebuy parts to replace those I already bought but didn't fit/work as described or at all was kind of discouraging makes it hard to get motivated to spend more money or even get out into the garage and do work :P (for instance, I went through 3 different base tunes from 3 different companies that had problems ranging from too lean to 5500rpm rev-limit :P, and 3 different turbo manifold/turbo setups before finding one that actually fit the car it was designed for)

Comment

Pignose ftw!
            Originally posted by anth
            Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Pignose is definately the better looking oe bumper

Comment

love it

Comment

Yeah! Any updates? Its a cool car and has gone through quite something!
                  slamburglars.com

Comment

Washington! rep it!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X