Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 19birel
    replied
    Wow that flocking turned out nicely, I'm going to have to look into that for my MKIV,

Your interior has already come such a long way, can't wait to see more progress. As for the dash, probably best to leave it in given the age of the car and all the plastics- assuming you can still achieve a nice result trying to flock in-car.

Leave a comment:

• hinrichs
    replied
    The flocking looks great, does it feel like it will hold up being touched? I need to look when I get home, I feel like I might have some interior paint that is damn close to those seats, but I could be very far off. Check with eastwood, they sell some vinyl paint in lots of colors and I painted seats something similar years ago. Doing the dash in place might not be a bad idea if your having that many problems with things breaking. I dealt with that trying to fix my friends E10 center console.

Edit: https://www.eastwood.com/camel-inter...-12oz-net.html Thats the paint I used on my seats.
    Last edited by hinrichs; 02-12-2020, 03:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Graphitemk6
    replied
    Slowly making progress on this. Wish i had a garage to work in because it rains just about everyday i dont have to work . Dropping the car off friday to get the coilovers put in so thats some good news. Other than that i had a chance to flock some interior parts, havent even pulled the dash yet but i feel like im going to regret it. When pulling apart the center console just about everything started breaking and disintegrating no matter how gentle i was with it, going to have to get creative to put everything back together. Im halfway considering just leaving the dash in place and flocking it in the car.

Once i got everything out, i cleaned it with acetone, wiped it down and brushed on the black adhesive. I used a kit from Just Flock It, everything was pretty straight forward.

Came back the next day and it was dry, feels super soft like velvet or suede. i feel like i did pretty good application wise, there are a few small spots on the bottom that werent completely covered in the fibers.

Tossed it all back together to see how it looks, nothing is bolted back in yet. All the wood trim is going to be wrapped in black brushed vinyl. the door card and rear seats are going to be painted to match the front seats. So far it think its looks pretty awesome cant wait to refinish the rest of the interior.

Leave a comment:

• Miroteknik
    replied
    Originally posted by Graphitemk6 View Post
    I was considering flocking the headliners as well, but more than likely I'm just going to wrap it in suede along with the pillars. I'm just going to roll some adhesive on it and sprinkle the fibers on top. Fast and easy is the name of the game lol
    ah, very good. post pics of the result! Car is looking great on the style 5's!

Leave a comment:

• Graphitemk6
    replied
    Got the valve cover back on, got the wheels and tires mounted. Going to lower it first before I decide what size spacers I need.

Leave a comment:

• Graphitemk6
    replied
    Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
    show us the flocking process, i been considering flocking my headliner. are you using electrostatic application, or just sprinkling it on adhesive?
    I was considering flocking the headliners as well, but more than likely I'm just going to wrap it in suede along with the pillars. I'm just going to roll some adhesive on it and sprinkle the fibers on top. Fast and easy is the name of the game lol

Leave a comment:

• Graphitemk6
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Graphitemk6
    replied
    Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
    Cant wait to see the flocking, never knew there was any other options than black haha.
    Lol me neither. Seems like there are a wide variety of color choices. Unfortunately these seat colors are such a wierd shade it's going to be hard to match it, so now I'm considering either a deep brown flocking or black.

Leave a comment:

• Miroteknik
    replied
    show us the flocking process, i been considering flocking my headliner. are you using electrostatic application, or just sprinkling it on adhesive?

Leave a comment:

• hinrichs
    replied
    Cant wait to see the flocking, never knew there was any other options than black haha.

Leave a comment:

• Graphitemk6
    replied
    So I finally got around to changing the valve cover gasket and refinishing the valve covers.

Pulled out the driver's seat and the center console. Going to dye the carpets black, the dash and center console is going to flocked, can't find an exact match so I ordered a few samples to see which will complement the seats and the rest of the interior.

Colorwise I'm leaning towards the light brown.

Leave a comment:

• Graphitemk6
    replied
    Originally posted by 19birel View Post
    I dig the seats, if you don't mind me asking, how much did they cost?
    Thanks! The seats were 260.

Leave a comment:

• 19birel
    replied
    I dig the seats, if you don't mind me asking, how much did they cost?

Leave a comment:

• Graphitemk6
    replied
    Originally posted by Asshole Bicycle View Post
    Any reason for not running the style 5 center caps? Someone made nice aluminum replacements, not sure if they are still available.
    I've run style 5s and 19s in the past. I just wanted to try something different with them. I still have the center caps so if I want to change up the look again I can always paint en and throw them on.

Leave a comment:

• Graphitemk6
    replied
    Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
    let me know how you like the seats, and how they hold up. been tempted on this style, but wasnt sure on the long-term quality
    Will do! Can't say I expect them to last forever but from looking over them the quality seems alot better than expected.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X