BMW E46 M3 Lemans/Cinnamon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by C2_mad View Post
    i have the sport seats, covered them in black with perforated centres and french seems. it looks good, but no pop. its the safe option.lol

love the trunk mod, been meaning to do it to mine for over a year now....

i have a dirty diesel 320d though. so nothing compared to your beast...

as always, love your work and cars.

ps: where did you get the spring from?

Sounds like a nice interior, do you have a thread?

Thank you for the kind words.

Bought these springs. But I have ordered 40mm light load springs as I had to use 12mm of shims to compress the springs all the way. They have to be completely compressed to pop open the trunk.

I found all my info here.
    '18 BMW F80 M3 San Marino blue / Amaro brown
    instagram.com/frodedale

Comment

i have that thread saved in my favourites...lol right,seeing yours, just motivated me. after a year i have just ordered the springs.

no thread, although i love stance cars, i just cant slam mine. its my daily and i live on an island, full of steep inclines and shitty roads. i already scrape in lots of places just with eibach sportlines. so its not really stance works worthy

Comment

ps: any updates?

Comment

Congrats on this one, interesting story behind it.
          Don't matter what the vin say, looks like a beautiful M3 to me
          IG: @blk_gtr

Comment

i have that thread saved in my favourites...lol right,seeing yours, just motivated me. after a year i have just ordered the springs.

no thread, although i love stance cars, i just cant slam mine. its my daily and i live on an island, full of steep inclines and shitty roads. i already scrape in lots of places just with eibach sportlines. so its not really stance works worthy

ps: any updates?
            Thank you, means a lot
            I understand, the main reason I chose air was the place I lived. If it was static at that time I would rip the car apart. I like low cars, but I'm passed that stage when scraping on everything is cool.

I have ordered aluminum shift paddles, tinted side markers and new fender grilles. One was cracked. Oh, and I just ordered a rear set of Broadway Statics with 18K rear springs and new camber plates for the front. Using my old front struts as they haven't sold yet and have just about 4000 km on them. Planning to wrap the interior trim with brushed alu to match the shift paddles and wheels.

I'll post some pictures when the parts arrive.

Originally posted by Dome View Post
            Congrats on this one, interesting story behind it.
            Don't matter what the vin say, looks like a beautiful M3 to me
            Thank you! It seems to be a good rebuild, with reinforced suffrage and fresh paint.
            instagram.com/frodedale

Comment

I bought a used Eventuri filterkit a while back. The cone is made by carbon and I'm not really into that look. Especially when it being the only thing in the engine compartment made of carbon. So I decided to paint it matte black for now, but I think I will paint it with wrinkle paint to match the intake and engine cover. I guess a lot of people disagree with me, but I don't care.

When I got it:

Disassembled:

Prepped and painted matte black:

Installed the cone upside down to hide the logo for a cleaner look. I'm planning to run a hose from the air duct and up to the filter for more cold air. this part of the kit was not included. And it wouldn't fit anyway as I have air ducts instead of fog lights.

And it sounds amazing! I didn't really have big expectations as previous air filters I've changed didn't make much of a difference. But this one improves the intake noise a lot.

Also bought tinted side markers with bulbs. Finally found some that weren't LED, as I don't want the flickering they give. New side grilles were also bought, you can see a piece of it cracked inside the vent. This will be changed when I have polished and waxed the car.

Before and after:

The shift paddles have seen better days and I replaced them with brushed aluminum ones. Before and after:

I'm planning to wrap the interior trim with brushed aluminum to complete the look. And the steering wheel trim will be matte black also.

The last pic shows the idle being way too high, which is the reason I have been stuck in the garage for a few days looking for a vacuum leak. But after removing the intake once again I found the connector on the ICV not being all the way in place. This is odd because I am 100% sure I installed this the previous time. I might have just installed it halfway onto the plug and vibrations causing it to slide off.

I found this hose not being installed properly:

Also I just had to order the Remote Damper Control which Fortune Auto just released!

instagram.com/frodedale

Comment

good work as always have you thought about a manual swap? or you like the smg to much?

Comment

good work as always have you thought about a manual swap? or you like the smg to much?
                  Thanks. Boring updates, but more to come.

The downshifts with SMG are pretty addicting, so unless I get some really big issues with the SMG i'm not going to rebuild to manual. I have done some research and the transmission is the same, just need to swap a lot of parts to make it work.
                  instagram.com/frodedale

Comment

Received a couple of rear spring perch reinforcement plates from Rouge Engineering yesterday. I think they are a good precaution when going with 18k rear springs. Also ordered a few interior things and front strut reinforcement plates, and brushed aluminum vinyl to wrap the interior moldings.

Hopefully I'll start getting the more interesting parts like suspension and wheels in a couple of weeks.
                    instagram.com/frodedale

Comment

spring perches sound like a good idea. has this already had the subframe reinforced? comon problem with these.

Comment

spring perches sound like a good idea. has this already had the subframe reinforced? comon problem with these.
                        Yes, luckily for me the subframe was reinforced when the car was rebuilt.
                        instagram.com/frodedale

Comment

If fortune auto coilovers are manufactured by BC that remote unit is the next BIG thing.

Comment

Originally posted by LCG View Post
                            If fortune auto coilovers are manufactured by BC that remote unit is the next BIG thing.
                            Fortune Auto makes their own suspension, and Broadway Static are made at the same facility, don't know where BC is produced. But they might fit BC as well for all i know.

Either way, it's gonna be awesome to change the setup with the touch of a button.
                            instagram.com/frodedale

Comment

Started wrapping my interior trim with "3M Brushed Aluminum". The result is a little brighter than what i expected, but I think it gives a nice contrast to the brown and black, and of course with the brushed lips.

And a little shot from rainy Norway while waiting for the coilovers to arrive tomorrow:
                              instagram.com/frodedale

Comment

What an outstanding color combination!

Comment

Working...
                                X