No announcement yet.

'00 FRC Hardtop - moar LS/Murica/long distance high speed cruising

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No shops around to take the car for a custom tune?

Comment

• Given my fairly limited modifications I couldn't justify a full dyno tune, which is much more expensive than a mail order tune. Not only that, but the closest LS specialty shop is over an hour away. They tuned my old BMW LS a couple times and I was not thrilled with the quality of the driveability of the tune.

I installed the newly tuned Vette PCM last night and it runs nicely. Haven't driven it enough to really feel changes.

2001 BMW 560i 6.0 LSx/T56 SOLD

2000 Corvette Hardtop FRC

Comment

• found some pics on my camera from a month or two ago...

Original tail light lenses had seen much wear.

_DSC7559 by Norbert Ogiba, on Flickr

So out they came for some TLC with the polisher.

_DSC7561 by Norbert Ogiba, on Flickr

_DSC7562 by Norbert Ogiba, on Flickr

_DSC7588 by Norbert Ogiba, on Flickr

I swear this stuff is magical, here are some befores and afters.

_DSC7573 by Norbert Ogiba, on Flickr

_DSC7575 by Norbert Ogiba, on Flickr

_DSC7578 by Norbert Ogiba, on Flickr

Gave it a whirl on the LED 3rd brake light too.

_DSC7572 by Norbert Ogiba, on Flickr

Comment

• I built a cabin partition that separates the passenger area from the "trunk" out of MDF and covered it in carpet material. It stops all my stuff from flying around and also reduces the noise from the exhaust/rear tire wells.

_DSC7581 by Norbert Ogiba, on Flickr

_DSC7582 by Norbert Ogiba, on Flickr

_DSC7586 by Norbert Ogiba, on Flickr

Installed a trailer hitch I had bought over the summer

1125162001 by Norbert Ogiba, on Flickr

and had to make sure it worked correctly.

1126161540 by Norbert Ogiba, on Flickr

1126161540b by Norbert Ogiba, on Flickr

I am planning on some upgrades to the rear diff over the winter and might change up the exhaust as well. Still keeping the cutouts, might try a new location for them to reduce drone when they're open. We shall see.

Comment

• That partition is nice. So is the chassis bar behind the seats.

Welcome to the C5 trailer hitch club. Those pictures with the sled look great, should be enough to make 90% of corvetteforum lose their shit.

Comment

• I had a thread on there, not that many guys posted. But, I think this was moreso because they were too disgusted to, lol.

Try as I might, when the car gets wet, I'm just not able to get the vehicle to melt into nothingness...

Comment

• Originally posted by nsogiba View Post
                Try as I might, when the car gets wet, I'm just not able to get the vehicle to melt into nothingness...

Comment

• trailer hitch on a vette is so so cool. I've been trying to pick one up for my SC for when I move to the east coast haha.

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
                  I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

• There's actually not a lot to them in general. I had one on my Outback XT, now this on my C5 - it's all just angle iron, square stock, flat bar all welded together.

Comment

• I appreciate all the little details dude keep it up

Comment

• was wondering when there would be an update... whats going on with the wrap idea?

Comment

• Originally posted by C2_mad View Post
                          was wondering when there would be an update... whats going on with the wrap idea?
                          I'm on the fence. I plan on keeping the car for a while and the paint really bothers me (somewhat sandblasted front end) but I have not yet attempted a full blown paint correction aside from a quick clay bar job and the usual 2 bucket method washes. I want to really hit it with the Porter Cable before pulling the trigger on what will inevitably be an expensive and very time consuming job.

More importantly I realize that I enjoy driving the car more than I like looking at it, so I'm moving in the direction of go rather than show:

-Pull Diff and send out for rebuild + install new 4.10 ring and pinion (to defend freedom and make America great again)

-While diff is out, replace torque tube bearings/etc, inspect trans components, etc.

-Possibly replace clutch/PP/flywheel with LS7 components. I used them on my 6.0 LS BMW and loved the setup.

-Finish painting my track wheels (rare magnesium setup that was an original option for this specific car)

-Buy and install Continental slick take offs for track/HPDE use

-Burnouts

Comment

• incorrect post.
                            Last edited by nsogiba; 01-19-2017, 07:25 PM.

Comment

• What do you use to share photo's they aren't working for me?

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
                              I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

• Usually find a trailer hitch on a car that is not a truck awful, but somehow it looks really cool on your Corvette.

Comment

Working...
                                X