oldschool audi done right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oldschool audi done right

1988 Audi 80. Got it for $2000. Manual transmission, 2.0l 8v 4cyl. 58000 miles on it. It was well maintained.
    I thought i would share my little build with you guys. Here's how it looked when i got it about a year ago...

Got some wheels for $300 shipped from the east cost. A little before and after.

The car sat wayyy too high.

Did a custom coilover conversion on my front struts with 7" springs (350 spring rate)

This is how the car sits now.

So basically the back is way too high and i want the front lower. So i ordered some parts over the last few weeks.

Like the front suspension, they dont make coilovers for my car so i got Rokkor rear coilovers for a vw mk3. I also got 4" springs for the front with 450 spring rate, new control arm bushings, 034 motorsport track density strut mounts, and new ball joints.

Its gonna need some fender rolling and maybe a little pull. Also probably going to need some rear camber plates to get the stance right.

nice! so far so good
    -Jorge-

Comment

very clean car, looking forward to the new suspension setup

Comment

those wheels are BBS or enkei?
        sigpic

Comment

hey, great!
          i am working on the exact same set up for the front coilover conversion on my old Passat B2.
          great work so far and uncommon car!
          i will keep an eye on this thread!

Comment

Thanks for the comments and yes, they are Enkei wheels.

Well I mounted the rear coilovers and i ran into a few problems. First, the top of the spring hat is hitting some metal at the top. I will probably fix this with a few washers or maybe some kind of rubber.

The other problem is that there is NO travel. When i push down on my trunk it hits the top of the strut body. Im going to need some drop plates now. Here's how it sits at the moment. The perch can still be moved down about an inch.

Last edited by mikee; 05-15-2010, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Looks like my project slowed down a bit. The mk3 coilovers were too tall so i had to return them for some mk1 raceland coilovers. Should be here tomorow. I also found out one of my CV joint boots was split in two peices so i had to order that too. In the mean time i figured i would work on my interior. I will some take pics tomorrow and post them up.

Comment

some stretch would help as well...

cant wait to see more of this tho i love the old school audis
                Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

looks really clean

Comment

Made some good progress today. The whole interior is out of the car and i took out all of the padding. It got soaked from a heater core leak a few months back and now just seemed like a good time to take care of it.

Going to lay down some new padding probably tomorrow. Also got my new coils from raceland today (the lady i spoke to was very nice.) I put them on and tried jacking the car down but i just couldnt. the wheels dont touch down when i let one of the jacks out. So... im not 100% sure what to do right now. maybe use some shorter jacks. too tired to do it now anyways. i'll figiure it out tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by mikee View Post
                      I put them on and tried jacking the car down but i just couldnt. the wheels dont touch down when i let one of the jacks out. So... im not 100% sure what to do right now. maybe use some shorter jacks. too tired to do it now anyways. i'll figiure it out tomorrow
                      Just put some blocks of wood under the tires. That's what I do.

This has got LOTS of potential. I'll be watching this, I've been itching to see an Audi like this done right!

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

All I can say is... WOW ... Like it so far. I just love the fact that you're using suspension from other makes/models (sorry if that sounds "noobish", just not to keen on the euro's......... yet )
                        "I know I'm not Stance|Works material. I'm just a fan. " - Stretchd8

"Jesus must love me " - FittedDownLow

Comment

go lower
                          she got that bootydo

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
                            Just put some blocks of wood under the tires. That's what I do.

This has got LOTS of potential. I'll be watching this, I've been itching to see an Audi like this done right!
                            thanks for the idea. i was able to get it down but now its sitting on the tires, so i have to put it back up!

Originally posted by HEcreated487 View Post
                            All I can say is... WOW ... Like it so far. I just love the fact that you're using suspension from other makes/models (sorry if that sounds "noobish", just not to keen on the euro's......... yet )
                            Thanks. They don't make coilover setups for my car so i just have to piece one together.

Originally posted by The_Houstonian View Post
                            go lower
                            I plan on it. Getting my fenders rolled and slightly pulled very soon. Ive got to tuck those big ass tires in there

Comment

Damn im really liking where this is going.

Comment

Working...
                              X