Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking forward to more updates

Comment

Thanks bud, me toooooo! I've been slowly collecting parts and doing really small stuff mostly. I bought an IS300 for my new daily, factory 5sp and lsd, but ended up having to do a bunch of maintinence stuff that really killed my desire to wrench. I also work outside mostly in my trade, being in the freezing cold all day pretty much makes me want to come home and lay under blankets on the couch after work haha.

I'll have some updates soon
      Last edited by cruuz; 02-26-2016, 07:14 PM.
      conversion syndicate*

4g63 swapped Hilux: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=75423

ig: makercruuz

Comment

nice build! What flares did you use?

Comment

Originally posted by daruma View Post
          nice build! What flares did you use?
          Cheers. Flares are factory 4wd, fronts are just flared into the sheetmetal, rears are bolt on for the 4wd bed but require some tweaking to fit to my 2wd
          conversion syndicate*

Comment

Small update, I went back to pissing with the torsions some more. Trying to attain that stiffer and lower setting I know is lurking about, I think I'm pretty close. Bolt heads on the bottom of the LCAs are about an inch off the ground, I'll most likely build new stabilizer arms for the short term but I've also just started designing custom drop spindles with more correct drift geometry. That'll also include tubular upper and lower arms. Chunk of 2x4 thrown in there for reference. New spacers are on the front now, I'll need to roll the lips more and getting 205/55 soon

Fuel cell location. Will sit a few inches lower than that actually. Anybody have some insight on why you aren't allowed to run a rear sump fuel cell in D1 competition? I read that on a tech site somewhere I think. Guess I won't be trying out for the big leagues in this

Been getting a little time on the new TIG machines at the shop in my union hall, stainless and aluminum. Whipped out a bunch of good welds on the first go. First one is fusion welded without filler, second is with filler. I'll be trying out titanium as soon as I can afford it.

Alumi-love

Pulling the diff tomorrow to weld up one of these Saturdays
            conversion syndicate*

Comment

Laid off again
              But I did some shit. Got my adapters in the mail to mount up my steering wheel and quick release. I was just going to make the adapter plates myself, but ended up finding a guy in California that does it, so saved me the time

Also put all of the major bits back on the motor to figure out exactly how I'm going to plumb this thing, what couplers and pipes to buy, blah blah blah. Biggest pain by far is gonna be getting all of the parts plumbed in between the intercooler and throttle body. In my head it was going to be more of a straight shot. I guess I'll be shortening the intercooler outlet pipe to make everything fit

Cheers
              conversion syndicate*

Comment

Got my silly-cone couplers in the mail finally, so got out the razor blade and started fitting things into place. Had to cut the intercooler outlet down and I'll be fitting that back up with a kink in the end to meet up with the coupler. Will also have to add a 1" stub pipe to run my BOV before the air meter, you can see roughly were it'll be in the last pic. I so badly need a TIG welder in my shop

The compressor outlet from the evo turbo is not oriented correctly, but I found that the old intercooler pipe from the eclipse is made of the same exact kind of pipe so I'll combine the two to make what I need

Aaaaaand.....
                I crawled under the bed of the truck to check out where I was going to attach new bed mounts to and realized there's no way in hell I can keep the existing bed floor, the rust is insurmountable. Worse than Swiss cheese. So I've decided to make a new one raised up 3" instead of making a false floor to cover the shitty one that's there.

Started kicking ideas around for my titanium shifter and hydro handle, more on that later
                conversion syndicate*

Comment

Been away for a while, life got pretty busy since summer brings about a ton of house project stuff. Did some work on the truck tho too, and have parts piling up waiting to go on/in.

Mounted up the fuel cell finally

Welded up the diff

Bought materials to build a new O2 housing

Decided that clearance for any O2 housing was going to suck to fabricate for, angle way to sharp coming straight off the turbo

So I said piss on it, I'm building a new turbo manifold too. This way I'll pretty much be able to orient and locate wherever I please. 321 stainless weld els and straight pipe, also head and turbo flanges not shown

New pair of tires all mounted up for the front, 205/55/16 Achilles ATR sports. I'll be getting more of these in the future I think, I've been reading a ton of good things about them for drifting

Grabbed up a mishimoto X-line rad from an s14 w/ sr20, thanks to the summer sale at enjukuracing. I'll have to re-fab the lower locating points but the inlet/outlet position of this one is perfect for this motor swap, and it's almost identical in size to the stock eclipse rad so it fits right where it's supposed to. I'll be running one 14" mishimoto slim fan as well

FPR and walbro 255 are waiting to go in, still need to order my AN lines and fittings

Aaaaaaaaaand the biggest news of all......

Finally bought a TIG welder

I'm getting all tooled up with stupid amounts of new gear and supplies for a fully stocked set up, but took a little time to set it up initially just to dial in for some aluminum. First pic is of fine tuning settings, second pic looks like I'm ready to wrap up that intercooler

Stainless filler rod is in the mail as I write this, so I'll be diving into all of that fab very soon
                  conversion syndicate*

Comment

Nice man. Always looking forward to more updates

Comment

Very nice build. Hope to see updated of this.

Comment

I'll just be over here waiting for a startup video

Comment

Thanks for the interest guys! It's a big motivator to stay crackin

Still progressing, but mostly in a tool-acquiring and shop set-up sort of way. To properly build a turbo manifold you need a bunch of tools I didn't have, band saw, benchtop belt sander, SS wire wheel, second argon bottle for back purging, welding table/bench. I'll be spending a good chunk of this weekend getting the shop put together so I can finally cut some metal to start fabricating the collector part of the mani. The goal is still to have this truck on the road before we get snow, I'd also really like to make at least one drift event before that point as well. Things will only continue to get tastier from now on out
                          conversion syndicate*

Comment

Been another long while, hope everyone had a nice holiday season. Snow has flown here so my goal to drive this pile before that happened is shot Big surprise there I'm sure...

Decided to get off my ass and build something today, so started the turbo mani fab. Pretty much finished getting things routed/planned, next step will be cutting the few parts of straight pipe and knocking one of the elbows in half to replace the paper towel roll and plumbing elbow Lolz. Then I can do the fit-up for the oddball merge collector.

Next update will have weld pics
                            conversion syndicate*

Comment

Good work sir! looks to be coming along nicely.

Comment

This is absolutely rad! you have my undivided attention sir

Comment

Working...
                                X