No announcement yet.

1972 Tvr Vixen (LS6 Pro-Touring Build)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

reminds me of a current sls amg gt3 combined with the old 300sl gullwing body lines and fenders

this thing is BOSS

ps. keep the round ford cortina tail lights. the square back models look so sad and droopy in the rear
    Last edited by rnitch; 04-22-2015, 09:55 AM.

Comment

wow... this is killer.
      Instagram: yobrandonnn

Comment

Win.

Audi RS4PRA | VW Golf MKV GT-Y | Audi A1 SportBack

Comment

Must watch
          Hipstagram tberardinucci

Comment

Working on the muffler mock up until the Black Widow shorties make it in, so I figured if I made the longer Flowmasters fit in place, I will have more than enough clearance. The overall plan is to have both the Black Widow shorties mounted like it is pictured here, but then they will dump into a collector box between them, and it is this collector box that will have a cut out to exit at the back body panel. I am hoping this will change the over all exhaust tone to something a bit more exotic, along with taking the LS corvette sound out of it, because I want this car to sound unique. It is also being done this way because we don't want exhaust tips coming out of the body, and we are very tight for space if we want ground clearance by not mounting the muffler under the frame.

To help with heat and to separate the exhaust and fuel tank, I will be building a thick structural floor above the mufflers and also cutting away the bottom body work below then to give the mufflers plenty of air space and fresh air. The factory fuel tank was mounted where the mufflers are now, so it will really just be raised to a higher location, and it appears it may be better to relocate the fuel fill to the top center of the rear body work.

To help with the rear wing support, the rear of the body will be built like a boat transom and the whole rear will be beefed up, along with the inner side panels that it ties into it, plus there will be other brace supports that tie all of this into the chassis to.

Comment

for the proper exotic high pitched sound the exhaust converging air collector box should be equal to as close as 1.25x the total engine displacement as possible. this is how kreissieg does it and they make some of the highest pitched exotic sounding exhausts that i know of. cant find the source but i specifically remember the 1.25x specification. just my 2 cents. Also to simulate free air high pitched exhaust it helps to have the collector box as close to the engine as possible (but no less than about 50-80cm) and you get the best tone. here is an v8 with a kreissieg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6yeQifAu0o

Comment

Originally posted by rnitch View Post
                for the proper exotic high pitched sound the exhaust converging air collector box should be equal to as close as 1.25x the total engine displacement as possible. this is how kreissieg does it and they make some of the highest pitched exotic sounding exhausts that i know of. cant find the source but i specifically remember the 1.25x specification. just my 2 cents. Also to simulate free air high pitched exhaust it helps to have the collector box as close to the engine as possible (but no less than about 50-80cm) and you get the best tone. here is an v8 with a kreissieg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6yeQifAu0o
                I really appreciate that information, because I have been trying to do some research into this, and there really isn't that many details or formula's available. I was going to leave the top of the box temporarily tack together to experiment with some baffling or dividing the box to see if there were any changes, but I was going to start off with both mufflers entering in opposite side of the box against each other, and see where I go from there..

This whole build has moved forward with by assumptions things were going to fit whether I an custom make it or alter it, and so far it has all really come together fairly smoothly with these being some of the last details to sort out..

Comment

This build is badass. Keep it coming.
                  http://www.neuemotorsports.com/

Comment

Originally posted by BadassVixen View Post
                    I really appreciate that information, because I have been trying to do some research into this, and there really isn't that many details or formula's available. I was going to leave the top of the box temporarily tack together to experiment with some baffling or dividing the box to see if there were any changes, but I was going to start off with both mufflers entering in opposite side of the box against each other, and see where I go from there..

This whole build has moved forward with by assumptions things were going to fit whether I an custom make it or alter it, and so far it has all really come together fairly smoothly with these being some of the last details to sort out..

no problem man. this build looks like its gonna be amazing in the end so the sound should match it. cant wait to see this running laps around a ring. is this going to be street legal as well?

Comment

no problem man. this build looks like its gonna be amazing in the end so the sound should match it. cant wait to see this running laps around a ring. is this going to be street legal as well?
                      It is going to be a primarily a regular driver and track car is going to be the second duty, so that is why the rear wing setup comes off easily, and it will be fully insulated with a full interior and conveniences.

Comment

primarily a street car?!?!? this keeps getting better and better. probably my favorite SW build of all time. this or the vr6 993 porsche lol and at the pace you see to be moving you will be done wayyy before him.

Comment

primarily a street car?!?!? this keeps getting better and better. probably my favorite SW build of all time. this or the vr6 993 porsche lol and at the pace you see to be moving you will be done wayyy before him.
                          Thanks man.. I am looking at having the car done by August for a race event in Colorado, but that is if everything comes together component wise, because I am dependent on a few obvious one off items being one..

Comment

Where? I'd love to see this thing rip a track apart.
                            The Calm Before the Storm
                            My db7 Daily Whip Build
                            @PennyBoi

Comment

Originally posted by Shogunate View Post
                              Where? I'd love to see this thing rip a track apart.
                              August 8th-9th in Fountain CO at the Pikes Peak International Raceway...

Comment

OK before I ask my question, I must note that I'm no racing driver, nor a racing car builder or anything that comes even close to it.

But looking at the location of your fuel tank, don't you think that it is placed in a location of high risk?

Because I can imagine that when this car spins off track, rear end first, into a barrier, it might end with a big BOOM and a fireball?

Just my 2cts.
                                Anyhow, keep up the good work! fully subscribed!
                                Last edited by loekaaz; 04-23-2015, 07:00 AM.
                                Lucas
                                Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
                                Originally posted by LCG
                                High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

Working...
                                X