No announcement yet.

1972 Tvr Vixen (LS6 Pro-Touring Build)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guys, please don't say Cobra! Lol. It has been a struggle to make the TVR front end more aggressive and functional, and working with the previous upper and lower openings seperately wasn't flowing right, so I was left no real choice other than to make one large center opening that is often associated to the Cobra even though many other cars have had similar race inspired styling.
    I had stole some lines and curves elsewhere on the body to have the opening make sense, and I actually didn't do an elongated oval that is curved forward also, so it has the flat center from left to right and the straightened curve on the sides as other parts of the body does, so I hope that this rough in will mimic other subtle features of the body. There is still a lot of structure and refining to do in order to make it permanent, and I still have to mirror it on the other side, but this is the best I was able to come up with on such an odd shaped car from the factory.

Comment

• That just looks right! Now, about that grill! ;-)

Comment

• guilty or not

this is not the thread to fight it out

OP has stated that this isn't his car!

so lets keep it about the build

all you keyboard warriors (whether right or wrong) take your grievances elsewhere
        Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• Just a little bit closer to rough in and the overall new front opening and nose shape down, and then the front clip is off to Corbett Tucker for all that nasty fiberglass grinding and final shaping to get it smoothed out and perfectly symmetrical. Glad it will be him doing the grinding instead of me, because the ground fibers and dust is the absolute worst kind of work in my opinion, and that is why it is great to have a quality body/paint guy that loves his work.

Not sure what if anything is going to be done with some sort of split bar or mesh filler as of yet, and I am entertaining the possibility of some retro round European race/driving lights that might look good as a filler also, but I think it should all fill in very well by the time the aluminum radiator and oil cooler is in place.

Last edited by BadassVixen; 11-13-2015, 04:32 PM.

Comment

• Pareidolia can cause people to interpret random images, or patterns of light and shadow, as faces.

Originally posted by BadassVixen View Post
            Just a little bit closer to rough in and the overall new front opening and nose shape down, and then the front clip is off to Corbett Tucker for all that nasty fiberglass grinding and final shaping to get it smoothed out and perfectly symmetrical. Glad it will be him doing the grinding instead of me, because the ground fibers and dust is the absolute worst kind of work in my opinion, and that is why it is great to have a quality body/paint guy that loves his work.

Not sure what if anything is going to be done with some sort of split bar or mesh filler as of yet, and I am entertaining the possibility of some retro round European race/driving lights that might look good as a filler also, but I think it should all fill in very well by the time the aluminum radiator and oil cooler is in place.

Comment

• Comment

• Well I must say, without the lenses it looks like a dead catfish with the glazed eyes and all...
                But please make sure the angels eye function gets deleted
                Lucas
                Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
                Originally posted by LCG
                High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

• Originally posted by BadassVixen View Post
                  What do you guys think, too modern or just right? I am reworking the front end of the TVR for a more functional and aggressive look while still trying to keep a blend of Classic and Modern that makes sense, I have already added the clear flush mounted turn signal to get rid of the trailer like lights mounted in the grill, so is this still classic and modern at the same time. The side marker light near the headlight is also disappearing, so do ignore that mounting relief, because it is going to be smoothed out..

Side note, these lights are hand made true Hid Projector and not the cheap knock off's on eBay, so the 650 dollar budget cost would be a part of the decision on the build, so do you think the difference justifies the cost for the styling factor?

I think you should save the money and go with any of the numerous options from cibie (see link below for some good examples)

or if you don't want fluted glass go with something like this

Comment

• Here is just a bit of size perspective with the TVR Vixen build, where the fact the front clip fits right inside the Chevy short box bed with no issue. I am sending the clip to Corbett Tucker for all that nasty grinding and rough in work, and once that is dialed in I will connect the new tilt front attachment points, and then the whole body will head back his way at a later date to finish it all up in prep for final body wrapping.

There is a lot of blending and contouring work still to be done, so the straight lines or hard corners/edges will be gone in that process for more rounded and smoother transitions. The front opening is not flat as it appears in these front view pics, and I will have some pictures of the final shape once it is locked in, but the top and bottom of the opening will actually contour Inward as it moves toward the center instead of the typical center of the opening being the most forward of the car for a bit of different touch, and that will definitely make it different that other cars that has that basic styled opening.

We are entertaining these lights for a replacement of the eyeball projector lights previously pictured..

Last edited by BadassVixen; 11-17-2015, 11:22 PM.

Comment

• That nose is small!!

I'm not sure those new lights are better...
                      I made a set for my truck and they're all black everywhere, maybe that would look good here as well? Sorry its blurry and big
                      -Christian.

'91 318iS AW2/blk slow garage queen/build...
                      '02 ///M3 carbonschwartz 6MT daily beast
                      '37 Chevy pickup-garagequeen...

Comment

• The gentleman above (itsacarolla) pointed you in the right direction as far as lighting goes. Please don't put projectors in this car they look incredibly tacky

Comment

• The TVR front end is getting closer to final rough in, but we are going to pick it up from Corbett Tucker at Creative Paint Worx to fit it to the car for tilt mountings and real world perspective viewing to make contour adjustments if necessary.
                          It is hard to really get the full story in pictures, and at these angles/heights on the bottom contour looks just a little flat and or squared at the corners there, but once the nose is at ride height and on the car, I think even a more contoured opening would appear flat just by visual break down.

Comment

• Looks like the TVR front clip has its basic shape roughed in, so it is now time to refit it and make the new attachment points for the tilt action. There may be some minor contour adjustments made to the lower bottom of the opening after it is installed and viewed in the real world, because there seems to be just a bit of flatness or hard corner that should disappear once installed and at ride height versus the up in the air angle of these pics.. We also may be running some sort of additional aero accessory, so I am not sure if anymore attention will be needed to it as a whole once installed and everything is in place.

Here is the original opening.

Comment

• I don't care if this guy killed 30 people and robbed a nursing home, this car is sick as hell lol. Here for the build not the bullshit
                              Insta: @pantiesmores

Build: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...hlight=versace

Comment

• Originally posted by Queef|Chief View Post
                                I don't care if this guy killed 30 people and robbed a nursing home, this car is sick as hell lol. Here for the build not the bullshit
                                Exxzackary !!!!! Car is so freaking sweet.

Comment

Working...
                                X