• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Grime View Post
    My car has been on the same radio station since I got it lol
    I grew up to this radio station, it's just the best

Originally posted by cblock406 View Post
    Car is looking good, keep after it. I'd bet your oil leak is either valve cover or oil filter housing. Both are really easy to replace.
    I had my problems with the housing last year lol. This time it was just a loose power steering hose. Easy fix

Post Exam Therapy : Part 2

This morning I decided to get the car on a lift to have a better look at what was leaking. Like I said, the problem was a simple power steering hose that was a little loose.
    At the shop they let me use their tools and machinery so I sandblasted my front shocks, I'll paint them soon.

Let's go back to yesterday. With the help of a friend I installed the new lip. It's a Rieger GT fiberglass replica. I know I should have bought the real one, but this one was half the price and I figured it wouldn't last long anyway...
    Since it's a replica, it really wasn't fitting quite well and even completely flexed out, it came out a little too short in the front. It's not that bad but I've learned my lesson haha. No more replica bullshit.

I also found out that the original front molding I bought isn't like the ones I already had.

It looks silly when they're next to each other so I'll try sanding and repainting . If that doesn't work I guess I'll have to buy the rest of the trim..

Now back to today. I finally did something I wanted to do for at least 2 months: Installing my Renown 100 motorsport steering wheel. I know I'm into OEM and old school stuff, but I love their mentality and the classy-yet-motorsportish look of their products.

Totally uninteresting fact: even with this simple task I had problems lol this car is always a pain in the ass. The screws locking the airbag we're impossible to get out. After 2h of trying and slowly stripping it, I got tired and drilled both of them.

The result though was worth it. I can't be more satisfied. I got awesome customer service, shipping was super fast and everything is quality and feels amazing.

Last edited by philippeoliviergiguere; 04-19-2016, 06:20 PM.

Comment

• You just bought the wrong plate delete. They make a textured one. Use realoem.com to find it and cross reference it with pictures on ecs.
      95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Follow me on instagram: earlmeyeriii

Comment

• Originally posted by Earl View Post
        You just bought the wrong plate delete. They make a textured one. Use realoem.com to find it and cross reference it with pictures on ecs.
        Of course I did. smh
        I guess I can return it. But it looks much better though... dilemma

Comment

• Bad News First

I have no idea how nor when, but this happened... I'm not redoing the whole skirt so I'm thinking of just hiding it with a sticker big enough to cover it all. I'm kinda mad at the person who did this... (not me I swear)

Now The Good News!

I changed every rusty part there was and also found a carrier in remarkably great condition for cheap. The bumper now fits perfect (for a 19yo car)

I'm pretty much done with the front end for this season. I ordered the BMW centre molding when returning the last one. The last thing I might add would be fog covers.

Don't mind the filthiness, last time I washed it goes back before winter storage haha... tomorrow I'm thinking of a major cleaning session

I also started on the interior, I painted every beige plastique part black and dyed a couple stuff black too. Next is dying the entire carpet and finding the perfect fabric for the headliner.

And today I took advantage of the weather and cruised around town.

We don't have canyons in Montreal but sometimes Mont-Royal road is perfect for a sunset drive.

Still waiting for the springs I ordered 3 weeks ago... Wtf is taking so long lol

Comment

• Always nice to chime in on this build

- Renato
            TWMPerformance.com | TWMShiftKnobs.com | GodSaveTheManuals.com
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TWM Performance View Post
              Always nice to chime in on this build

- Renato
              Thanks man I appreciate it!

It's Going Down

Half of an update, just wanted to let you know I finally received the springs. 5" 16k. The rear is going down 1 1/2" and the front maybe like 1/2" because the lip is already pretty low.

Other than that I got the front molding today as well. Looks sportier and me like.

I'll post pics of the interior soon, there's no passenger seat at the moment. That leaves space for the dog though so I'm not in a hurry

Last edited by philippeoliviergiguere; 05-09-2016, 08:17 PM.

Comment

• Finally Fitted

Well... no. I lied. It looks good but it's not drivable. I have a 3mm gap in the rear at the moment, which looks fantastic if you ask me. But it's rubbing so much! tomorrow I'll try to compress the springs and I'll probably raise it a little too... :/

Other than that I covered the giant scratch on the skirt and installed motorsport international badges.

The lip is surprisingly resistant! It's constantly scrapping and looks terrible though lol

Pics of the interior coming soon, when the headliner is done (probably tomorrow). And I haven't told you guys yet but this summer my car will actually be my daily work car and it's pretty funny. You'll see why in the next update :p

Last edited by philippeoliviergiguere; 05-21-2016, 09:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by philippeoliviergiguere View Post

That pup

And those wheels.
                  My Instagram feed.
                  My Flickr stream.
                  My bagged B5 build thread.

Classic Joyce Photo

Comment

• Saw your car this morning lurking in my hood with a ladder on the roof this morning. Your car looks better in person.
                    1991 BMW E30 325i Touring

Comment

• Originally posted by alexandermjoyce View Post
                      That pup

And those wheels.
                      Thanks!

Originally posted by Grime View Post
                      Saw your car this morning lurking in my hood with a ladder on the roof this morning. Your car looks better in person.
                      Haha yes it was my work car for the summer, 3 months of "what was I thinking" lol

Sorry

Sorry guys, I totally lost interest in this forum during the summer. With everything going on in my life I juste couldn't find a minute...

You didn't miss much anyway. I actually didn't have much time for the car itself... I used it to carry ladders for my job. I'm still in engineering school so my summer job consisted of washing rich people's windows, painting, gutter cleaning.. you get the drift. It was pretty funny at first (their are some pictures of it on my IG) but after getting hit and run 2 times in 2 weeks, I quit. The front driverside fender is fucked and I'm waiting to find a relatively fine/cheap one to replace it.
                      Meanwhile, I got bored with the stancy look and I decided to change things up a bit. I jumped on a set of kosei k1 and got some continental 245/40s for cheap too. I also bought a complete set of m3 brakes (calipers, drilled/slotted rotors, hubs, everything) and I'm planning on installing all that this weekend. I'm waiting for the callipers to be powder coated. I'll let you guys know when I'm done. Next week I'll be preparing the car for the H2oi road trip. First time going I'm pretty excited!

Comment

• A saw a green e36 with these wheels at the julep last week. Didn't realize it was you. Maybe once I can figure registration out, I'll bring my unicorn too.
                        1991 BMW E30 325i Touring

Comment

• Originally posted by Grime View Post
                          A saw a green e36 with these wheels at the julep last week. Didn't realize it was you. Maybe once I can figure registration out, I'll bring my unicorn too.
                          Yep that was me! I'm there pretty much every week. I'd love to see it!

Update

Well, turns out non M axles dont fit M hubs. So now I need M axles and an M3 diff. I was planning on getting an lsd someday but I guess it'll be sooner than expected lol. Front brakes are on though. I'll post a pic tomorrow, after my exams before leaving for h2o.

Comment

• H2oi 2016

First time going, certainly not my last. Mind blowing event. Here's a few fruitphone pics.

One of my fav e36 of the weekend: Ian's track ready m3

Got a $210 ticket for having a flag covering the plate, the banner in the rear window and a tail light that wasn't working right at the time he pulled me over.

The ride home was a lot of fun too. Me and some friends practically had the highway to ourself soo.... Let's just say I discovered the actual top speed of my car

Comment

Working...
                            X