e36 from Montreal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Loaf31 View Post
    Looking good man! What happened to the white wheels?
    Thanks man! They're sitting in my basement. I'll put them on soon. I wanted to polish them during winter but forgot lol

Originally posted by bmweldacz View Post
    Love wheels! clear car, please low!
    Thanks! Even though I'm not planning on going super low, I'm ordering smaller springs next week! Going down like 1&1/2" if everything goes well

Comment

Because Canada

Came home from school to this. Yep, snow in April :/
      Last edited by philippeoliviergiguere; 04-14-2016, 10:19 PM.

Comment

sick E36 man! Love the color and the wheels. We should be getting nice weather as of next week in MTL!

Comment

Originally posted by MassimoCiocca View Post
          sick E36 man! Love the color and the wheels. We should be getting nice weather as of next week in MTL!
          *Touching wood*

Comment

Post Exam Therapy: Part 1

Weather was nice today. Little cold, but nice. So after my Lineaire Algebra exam, I wanted to cool off and change my mind a bit.

I went on and finally installed some ellipsoid euro headlights. Would of got real ZKW's but they are expensive. I bought DJAUTO's instead, saving my money for other parts lol

Please excuse the crappy-unfinished-backyard-renovation background.

À plus les mecs!
            Last edited by philippeoliviergiguere; 04-14-2016, 10:21 PM.

Comment

looks really good man! classic backyard driveway from the laneway haha.

Comment

Originally posted by MassimoCiocca View Post
                looks really good man! classic backyard driveway from the laneway haha.
                haha you know it

Comment

Keep up the good work! Love the colour.

Comment

Between Classes

So I had a 3h lunch break today. I rushed to get home thinking I could work a little on the car. Didn't have time to do much but enough to make a little post about it.

I got my hands on original M3 moldings over the winter. They were in good shape but needed some love.

After a cleaning and 2 coats of Dupli-Color trim/bumper paint, they came out perfect.

There's more! Yesterday I bought an old BMW cassette radio. I'm into retro/vintage stuff and it was cheap anyway so I figured Why not?.

Plus I think it'll fit better than the KENWOOD radio I have at the moment...

Here's a pic to let you guys know what's coming!

Last edited by philippeoliviergiguere; 04-14-2016, 10:22 PM.

Comment

• Love it dude! Track setup should look really nice
                      [/INDENT]

Comment

• If you want a functional and OEM-looking CD/radio I can recommend the BMW CD43. With this one you can get an aux-input as well. They are not that expensive and you can find lots of them on ebay etc. Just make sure to find one with a possibility to connect a CD-changer/aux.

'18 BMW F80 M3 San Marino blue / Amaro brown
                        instagram.com/frodedale

Comment

• Originally posted by le3ooo View Post
                          Love it dude! Track setup should look really nice
                          Thanks man! Yeah I think so too but it’s probably gonna have to wait a year or two… We’ll see how much money I can pile up this summer but with all the other projects I have I don’t think it’ll be enough for the performance tires I’m looking for. I’ll stick with my actual tires and by the time they are done, I’ll be able to afford what I want hopefully lol

Originally posted by Frode D View Post
                          If you want a functional and OEM-looking CD/radio I can recommend the BMW CD43. With this one you can get an aux-input as well. They are not that expensive and you can find lots of them on ebay etc. Just make sure to find one with a possibility to connect a CD-changer/aux.
                          Thanks for the info, this could actually be an eventual upgrade!

Nothing New

I got tired of studying today and did some stuff on the car. Some moldling clips were missing so with the ones I had I installed the driver side trim. I then ordered lots of parts: brake ducts, hood cowl, front trim, moldings clips, springs, hood shocks, headliner fabric, bulbs, trims, bolts… the list goes on. I’m also looking for US side lights for cheap.

I also installed the radio. Looks much better if you ask me, you can’t go wrong with OEM stuff. My parents threw away all their cassettes years ago but I’ll make some taps later to try the cassette player. Everything else work just fine.

I'm probably picking up most of what I ordered tomorrow and I know I won't be studying on a friday night lol stay tuned!

Comment

• Rust and Stuff

I talked to you guys about a weird gap between the nose panel and the bumper cover right? Here, you can kinda see it in this pic:

Well at first I thought the car could have crashed at one point in its life and the frame was left a little off. But then I saw this:

So much rust I broke one of the studs while removing the bumper. The bumper carrier itself is also in really bad shape, which could explain the gap. Will replace those as soon as I can.

On top of that, the engine is leaking again.. It was getting dark and I didn't have the time nor the motivation to find the exact problem. Will do tomorrow, probably.

On a happier note, I installed the passenger side moldings and am currently putting my front end together as I'm writing this.

Last edited by philippeoliviergiguere; 05-07-2016, 10:41 AM.

Comment

• My car has been on the same radio station since I got it lol
                              1991 BMW E30 325i Touring

Comment

• Car is looking good, keep after it. I'd bet your oil leak is either valve cover or oil filter housing. Both are really easy to replace.

@projects_always

Comment

Working...
                                X