Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coconutt
    replied
    Sub'd. All this thing will need is rusty panels.

Leave a comment:

• Jlyons617
    replied
    Originally posted by LaneRaymond View Post
    All comments in regards to the wheels aside, what's the treatment on the tails? That doesn't look very translucent or reflective.
    It's not, it's red paint. Kids like him are the reason we can't have nice things.

Leave a comment:

• LaneRaymond
    replied
    All comments in regards to the wheels aside, what's the treatment on the tails? That doesn't look very translucent or reflective.

Leave a comment:

• Oh Damn, it's Sam
    replied
    Originally posted by 190Evan View Post
    Ive actually been running this coil setup for a while now and have had no issues with it whatsoever. The weight does not seem to be a problem and the reference to the s124 is irrelavent because that is a COMPLETELY different car and weighs a lot more than the 4 cylinder w201 chassis. I know its dumb, Im not claiming it looks awesome nor do i think it does, yet, but Im just doing this to learn and see what I can do. Worst comes to worst you ****** were all right and the strut towers do fail, Oh well then I will have to go back to my last setup and figure it out that way. Im not asking for opinions, Im simply sharing my work with those I think may be interested and if you're not simply press the back button or go to another build thread and speak your wise words there.
    Sorry to have tried to offer some helpful commentary. It won't happen again.

Leave a comment:

• 190Evan
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicolaus Pro View Post
    I hope your not planning on driving anywhere with the e36 coils set up like that.... The shock towers WILL fail. The spring holds all of the cars weight (which is why they are so big) and the strut provides the dampening. READ: SUPPORTS NO WEIGHT

I'm not even gonna start with the wheel set up.
    Ive been driving on this setup for some time with no issues as stated before, I know the wheels are fucked and I know the amount of stress that is being put on the car because of them. Im looking for other wheels that are as wide if not a little less but Im trying to figure out how wide I want to go with the flares by using these wheels as a template. I **** steelies.

Leave a comment:

• 190Evan
    replied
    Originally posted by FRSBrndn View Post
    Please go to hell with your sarcastic bullshit.
    Ive actually been running this coil setup for a while now and have had no issues with it whatsoever. The weight does not seem to be a problem and the reference to the s124 is irrelavent because that is a COMPLETELY different car and weighs a lot more than the 4 cylinder w201 chassis. I know its dumb, Im not claiming it looks awesome nor do i think it does, yet, but Im just doing this to learn and see what I can do. Worst comes to worst you ****** were all right and the strut towers do fail, Oh well then I will have to go back to my last setup and figure it out that way. Im not asking for opinions, Im simply sharing my work with those I think may be interested and if you're not simply press the back button or go to another build thread and speak your wise words there.

Leave a comment:

• FRSBrndn
    replied
    Originally posted by shippedout View Post
    Please tell us how you really feel
    Please go to hell with your sarcastic bullshit.

Leave a comment:

• shippedout
    replied
    Originally posted by FRSBrndn View Post
    This is absolutely fucking retarded. You ruined a car that at one time HAD some potential. Before any of you butt hurt motherfuckers say 'you're a ***** gtfo', realize that this guy posted in a PUBLIC forum asking for opinions. My opinion is this; I'd rather claw my eyes out with a dull knife than to ever see this car on the road. k, thx.
    Please tell us how you really feel
    Last edited by shippedout; 07-12-2015, 10:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• aLaFleur
    replied
    Holy shit that coilover set up is sketch...

Leave a comment:

• FRSBrndn
    replied
    This is absolutely fucking retarded. You ruined a car that at one time HAD some potential. Before any of you butt hurt motherfuckers say 'you're a ***** gtfo', realize that this guy posted in a PUBLIC forum asking for opinions. My opinion is this; I'd rather claw my eyes out with a dull knife than to ever see this car on the road. k, thx.

Leave a comment:

• theseeker411
    replied
    No...

Leave a comment:

• Dudermagee
    replied
    uh wtf

Leave a comment:

• Oh Damn, it's Sam
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicolaus Pro View Post
    I hope your not planning on driving anywhere with the e36 coils set up like that.... The shock towers WILL fail. The spring holds all of the cars weight (which is why they are so big) and the strut provides the dampening. READ: SUPPORTS NO WEIGHT
    I was midway through posting this exact thing and you beat me to it.

E36 coilovers have been done with some amount of success on the W201 and W124 chassis, but we're beginning to see strut tower failures from it. Chompsticks's née Austin's black S124 had this very failure. And with the specs you're running on those wheels, you're going to be putting an immense amount of stress on those shock towers.

Leave a comment:

• Nicolaus Pro
    replied

I'm not even gonna start with the wheel set up.

Leave a comment:

• laBeef
    replied
    I'm a little worried about your back yard engineering. Specifically on your camber plates. There is barely any material left near the mounting bolts which support a ton of weight. To each their own, I just hope they hold up for your sake.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X