Ryan's not so show quality OBS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rice4life View Post
    Did you not put clear coat on, or is it just a single stage that wasn't buffed?

This would look 100000x better if the paint was shinier and more even looking.
    Originally posted by Pyramid View Post
    Not that huge of a fan of the paint.. but everything else I like, keep it up
    i didnt clear coat it and i did it with a spray can in my driveway so the quality isnt the greatest. but im definitely going to either try and get it wrapped or repainted when i can afford it.
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

Instagram: @Ryandnt

Comment

i know some of you also enjoy fast cars as well as stanced cars and ive been reading up on this quite a bit. http://www.automersion.com/2015/05/t...22/#comment-30

giving me ideas
      Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan. View Post
        i know some of you also enjoy fast cars as well as stanced cars and ive been reading up on this quite a bit. http://www.automersion.com/2015/05/t...22/#comment-30

giving me ideas
        Oh man, good read!

I'm not 100% sure, but I think you can mate the ej22 heads to an ej251 block, then throw in OEM ej257 internals to lower the compression to somewhere between 8.5~9.5:1(not sure, because I think an ej251 head and block with ej257 internals is 8.5, but I think the ej22 heads raise the compression) and you would have a sub $600 engine that could handle 300+ at the wheels. Since you would retain the ej22 heads you could also keep the stock ecu and throw on an AFC for tuning. You would have more displacement. The 13t from the wrx is a good turbo that makes boost early, but don't expect more than 230 awhp out of one. My genesis came with a td04 13t, and it's a great quick spooling turbo for drifting but the top end isn't there. You might want to consider getting a 13t and upgrading it to a 19t or something.

Just a thought man. Oh yeah, avo turbo kits locate the turbo after the NA collector and can work with stock exhaust manis or NA headers. If you could get a flange made up and have a few extra inches of mandrel bent piping you could get a turbo mani/flange adapter fabbed and have something similar to the avo kit's mounting point.
        Last edited by rice4life; 08-09-2015, 04:34 PM.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
        @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

any subaru guys know what camber bolts i should purchase to get some more camber for the rear since there was no factory camber adjustment in the rear. Im also thinking im gonna either add some more camber in the front or get fender flares and remove camber.

Originally posted by rice4life View Post
          Oh man, good read!

I'm not 100% sure, but I think you can mate the ej22 heads to an ej251 block, then throw in OEM ej257 internals to lower the compression to somewhere between 8.5~9.5:1(not sure, because I think an ej251 head and block with ej257 internals is 8.5, but I think the ej22 heads raise the compression) and you would have a sub $600 engine that could handle 300+ at the wheels. Since you would retain the ej22 heads you could also keep the stock ecu and throw on an AFC for tuning. You would have more displacement. The 13t from the wrx is a good turbo that makes boost early, but don't expect more than 230 awhp out of one. My genesis came with a td04 13t, and it's a great quick spooling turbo for drifting but the top end isn't there. You might want to consider getting a 13t and upgrading it to a 19t or something.

Just a thought man. Oh yeah, avo turbo kits locate the turbo after the NA collector and can work with stock exhaust manis or NA headers. If you could get a flange made up and have a few extra inches of mandrel bent piping you could get a turbo mani/flange adapter fabbed and have something similar to the avo kit's mounting point.
          im not looking for crazy power just for something more fun to drive and is unique.

ill have to do more research to see what works, but this seems like something id wanna do.

Comment

so found a nice deal on 22b widebody fender flares for my car and was thinking of purchasing them and throwing them on the car. its probably gonna look weird being wider in the front and stock in the back but once i can afford the rear id love to get it.

Comment

my new pick up. decided to treat myself to some wheels since my birthday is next week.

bbs style 5 17x8 et 20 white faces white barrels and gold hardware

Comment

whoa...just got real in here lol

Originally posted by BozoBubble
                Stance bug bites hard, man, you ain't gonna shake it.

Truck Build

Instagram: somestancekid

Comment

Originally posted by storey618 View Post
                  whoa...just got real in here lol

cant wait to get the tires mounted and get them on. may also throw some camber bolts in and get an alignment.

Comment

wheels are on but might need to raise the rear for now until i can get camber bolts it rubs quite a bit and i dont want to destroy my brand new tires

Comment

Damn dude. Looks a lot better than the saw blades! Are they powdercoated white?

Comment

Originally posted by KyleBour View Post
                        Damn dude. Looks a lot better than the saw blades! Are they powdercoated white?
                        Yes they are, and they're fresh the previous owner got them redone then sold his car so they never were used

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan. View Post
                          Yes they are, and they're fresh the previous owner got them redone then sold his car so they never were used
                          lol good find, really suits the car!

Comment

im tempted to go RHD might look into it. and if i can afford it i may do it over the winter

Comment

got my front lip back on and threw on the canards i bought on ebay.

Comment

I like! Did you get center-caps also?

Comment

Working...
                                X