Ryan's not so show quality OBS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paulinations View Post
    I'm watching but i don't say much. build on, dude.
    thanks for reading
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

Instagram: @Ryandnt

Comment

so im thinking of shaving the key hole on my trunk and then some other things on my car once i get the funds. but im not sure if i want to attempt it myself or have someone else do it. i have no body work experience or welding experience nor do i know off the top of my head where to get any of the tools necessary. it would be a learning process for me but im thinking i may be better off just having a professional do it.

anyone have any suggestions?
      Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

Comment

so maybe this will actually get people interested in my build-

i recently came across a pretty good deal so if all works out financially im going to be doing an ej205 swap from an 05 wrx into my wagon. which would take priority over making my car pretty and getting it low.

Comment

Keeping watch of this, just because of what it is, pretty different!
          Good luck man.

Comment

Originally posted by SlimFat View Post
            Keeping watch of this, just because of what it is, pretty different!
            Good luck man.
            appreciate you reading my thread

Comment

For sure man! was all have a place here!

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

really not sure what direction to go with this car. on one hand i can wrx swap it but thats a lot of time and work and itll be fairly expensive. or i can just do coilovers and wheels and be small other appearance mods.

i have a lead on a wrx motor for $300 for everything from oil pan to intercooler. ill have to buy a turbo and the heads are likely to be bad.

Comment

Love these older Impreza wagons. Keep it up!

Renato
                  Team TWM Performance
                  TWMPerformance.com | TWMShiftKnobs.com | GodSaveTheManuals.com
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TWM Performance View Post
                    Love these older Impreza wagons. Keep it up!

Renato
                    Team TWM Performance
                    Thanks! My builds kind of at a stand still right now because I can't decide what direction to go with it. Im leaning towards coilovers and wheels and then cleaning it up with other appearance mods. My big dilemma is what coils to get to get me as low as possible

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan. View Post
                      so nothing really new to report but hopefully this spring i will be putting on isc coilovers on and getting 18x8.5 xxr 521s with tires from a friend for a great deal. Not exactly dying to run xxrs but for my first low set up and for the deal that im getting itll be fine. It may take a bit of camber to fit them on my car so we will see what happens.
                      What is the offset?
                      I fit 17x9.5 et31 with a 215/40 with about -3 and a roll.

You may run into issues running an 18 on the gf chassis. At any somewhat low rideheight your tires are gonna rub the tops of the fender wells, even if you have fender/lip clearance. Mine did it with 17's and a 40 seires tire, so i can imagine you'd need like a 35 series tire to get the front close to the ground.

I suggest finding some cooler odd spec oem wheels instead of slumping and buying xxr. I've went from one OEM 90s wheel to the next and haven't spent more then 500$

Comment

Originally posted by last0nmarz View Post
                        What is the offset?
                        I fit 17x9.5 et31 with a 215/40 with about -3 and a roll.

You may run into issues running an 18 on the gf chassis. At any somewhat low rideheight your tires are gonna rub the tops of the fender wells, even if you have fender/lip clearance. Mine did it with 17's and a 40 seires tire, so i can imagine you'd need like a 35 series tire to get the front close to the ground.

I suggest finding some cooler odd spec oem wheels instead of slumping and buying xxr. I've went from one OEM 90s wheel to the next and haven't spent more then 500$

Yeah I spoke with my buddy and I told him Id rather run a 17 so I will be looking for some nice 17x8 or 17x9 wheels. Im not good with figuring out what offsets and geometry will fit on the car. The whole thing kinda confuses me. Im sure I sound like a noob but we all gotta start somewhere.

Comment

Yeah I spoke with my buddy and I told him Id rather run a 17 so I will be looking for some nice 17x8 or 17x9 wheels. Im not good with figuring out what offsets and geometry will fit on the car. The whole thing kinda confuses me. Im sure I sound like a noob but we all gotta start somewhere.
                          Thats the fun part! You'll get it.

Comment

Thats the fun part! You'll get it.
                            Now to try and find wheels that look good that aren't super over played and within my
                            Budget. This isn't gonna be easy lol

Comment

Now to try and find wheels that look good that aren't super over played and within my
                              Budget. This isn't gonna be easy lol
                              It's out there. Im always torn between blowing $$$$ on expensive wheels when i see them, but being a college student that isn't working much that usually isnt in my best interest, haha, so i usually have to budget down and find something cheap, but cool.

Ive found deals in the local CL ads, try doing basic searches like "5x100" or "5x114.3." The right deal will come across.

Comment

It's out there. Im always torn between blowing $$$$ on expensive wheels when i see them, but being a college student that isn't working much that usually isnt in my best interest, haha, so i usually have to budget down and find something cheap, but cool.

Ive found deals in the local CL ads, try doing basic searches like "5x100" or "5x114.3." The right deal will come across.
                                ill check cl, i tend to avoid it cause ive had experience in the past where most ads ive come across the people dont know shit about the wheels theyre selling the description will be something like "BUY MY RIMZ theyre round come with tires and they have 5 holes to attach to the car" I really appreciate all the suggestions, i really admire your rs and coincidentally i followed you on ig earlier this morning.

Comment

Working...
                                X