Lifted to lowered. 87 e30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifted to lowered. 87 e30

Whats up guys, new to the site. Just picked up a 325 and figured I'd make a thread to keep me motivated.

Bought this as my first vehicle...

[IMG][/IMG]

95 F150 It was a fun truck but not a very practical dd for a high schooler.
    5.0 5 speed lifted on 33s.

Ive wanted a e30 since I was a kid and my dad had a 318. Got a trade offer and picked up this:
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Its a 1987 4 door 325. Its in pretty rough shape but no rust!!!! Always planned to do a 5.0 swap in one but now that the power plant is gone with the truck that is on the backburner.
    No carpet. Oil leak. No radio. Yada yada yada...needs a lot of work ha! Came with a trunk full of parts I will get pics of.

Seats in rough shape

[IMG][/IMG]

Picked up some era appropriate covers for the time being. (This is going to be somewhat of a budget build until I fix all the little stupid things

[IMG][/IMG]

All paint was pretty faded but I went at it with a claybar and wax and it helped, then my dad brought home a polish called TR3 or something. which worked really good, Will have to get some more pictures but the car is finally starting to shine up! Im gonna try buffing it and we will see where we are. Going to paint the faded bumpers for now.

[IMG][/IMG]

Just wanted to get a thread started but need to address some mechanical issues then plans for low and wheels! Bottlecaps have brand new tires so will run them for a while. Car came with eibach lowering springs so hopefully those will be on in the next week!

More pictures coming tomorrow!
    Last edited by Jicama_ev; 09-10-2014, 10:00 PM.

Pics are working on my computer. Sorry! figuring it out now.

...TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES....

Comment

Pics are working just fine bud, looks like a good start! Props for being smart and fixing things first, rather then jumping into the "lows and stance".

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

Mechanicals > Scene points.
        1981 300TD 4 speed
        2000 BMW M5

Mike Finnelly
        , on Flickr
        IG @michaelfinnelly

Comment

Mechanicals are definitely first. Nothing keeping it from being a driver but definitely needs some common issues addressed

Comment

Nice start man, glad to see your taking care of mechanical issues instead of slamming it.
            "E Dirty Six, Low and Slow"

Check out my build thread
            -------->http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=69942

Comment

Elder

Comment

Originally posted by FunfGang View Post
                Pics are working just fine bud, looks like a good start! Props for being smart and fixing things first, rather then jumping into the "lows and stance".
                Originally posted by mike-81-240d View Post
                Mechanicals > Scene points.
                Originally posted by Jicama_ev View Post
                Mechanicals are definitely first. Nothing keeping it from being a driver but definitely needs some common issues addressed
                Originally posted by Thate34Guy View Post
                Nice start man, glad to see your taking care of mechanical issues instead of slamming it.
                Originally posted by Choff View Post
                Elder

Thanks guys. Been out of town All weekend, will get to work tommorow and have some updates. Made an unexpected road trip with a buddy friday morning and the car handled the test we'll!

Comment

you should've kept that truck and lower it
                  Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Originally posted by P78 View Post
                    you should've kept that truck and lower it
                    That came to my mind a few times ha

Comment

Some pictures from my trip this weekend. Had a fun drive through the smoky mountains
                      Will leave these here...

Drive up 25W

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Choff View Post
                        Elder
                        Im going to go on a limb and say you are an eccentric man with a slammed beetle?!

Comment

Update

So I know everyone was probably on the edge of their seats with updates! Here are a few.
                          - Waiting on some parts so have been doing some little stuff here and there.
                          - Clutch is ordered. Went with a stock clutch for now and a Single Mass Flywheel. I was planning for a stage 2 but found a kit with the single mass so did that. May upgrade later if need be. Turbo???
                          Also ordered a timing belt kit with all the seals, and water pump etc. I have an oil leak somewhere.

Got the radio from the truck hooked up. Head unit does not fit car very well but Oh well, it works!
                          That's my co-pilot Ramone on the dash. Named after the low-rider in "cars"

Cheap 8 inch sub I also had in truck...

Also began sprucing up the interior a little bit. The orginal tan was in bad shape and stained, overall just nasty. I am going with a brownish theme in the car. Carpet as well probably. Although I am keeping my eyes out for a black interior.

Here is how the interior currently looks. Carpet will be going in soon and also keeping an eye out for seats, but they will not come immediately. Again, big money is going to the mechanicals first.

Color code is royal blau metallic. Have been spending a lot of time trying to save the paint but it is pretty far gone. A respray will come in the next couple years.

Someone also spray painted all of the chrome trim on this car black at one point, so I spent some time sanding it off bumper and cleaning up the front end. Kidneys were painted black and chipping and I had some gold paint laying around so decided to try it haha. I don't like it though so it will return to chrome or black.

Last edited by Jicama_ev; 09-27-2014, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Just a shot of the side with the black window trim (other side is still chrome haha)

New taillight installed, old one had a big hole...and DIESALLL

Picture of engine bay and ebay headers...Car has a 3 inch exhaust back to a muffler, sounds pretty good, Im happy with it and will leave it be for now.

Eibach Springs that came with the car

[IMG]http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1596&pictureid=3959
                            [/IMG]

Installed using the stock jack haha
                            [IMG]http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1596&pictureid=3958
                            [/IMG]

The springs did not lower the car much as expected, but I am not too worried about it yet with winter coming and the fact I don't have wheels yet.
                            Here is a picture with just the rear springs installed.

That's all for now.
                            Got new tires...Adjusting valves today, then...
                            Plans are to get the new clutch in first. Take care of the motor. Timing belt, water pump, oil change, plugs, etc....
                            Keeping an eye out for wheels. Any recommendations are appreciated but I have something in mind. Carpet should be in this week as well.

Comment

really good start my man, love me e30. subd.
                              then i smash yo corolla

Comment

Working...
                              X