Taking Apart Perfectly Good Cars - Tristan's 240 Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Porterhousestk View Post
    well this thread was fantastic until 5-17-17 when you changed the way you import images and my work computer wont let me view them now... haha but great looking 240! I like the wheels, bodywork and detailed updates!!
    Thanks for the feedback! I swapped my image sources from photobucket to imgur but I'll try to get back into my photobucket and use it for any pictures I post in the future. Here's a link to my imgur of all the pictures that I posted to here, it probably won't work either but you can try it and see...

Comment

If everything goes as planned I'll have some pictures to upload this weekend of the 240, I'll keep everyone posted!

Comment

Originally posted by 240Tristan View Post
        Haha I know I know, I'm cleaning it and buffing the headlights tomorrow night, they get clearer and stay that way for about a month or so every time I buff them. Not sure if you can tell from the pictures but they also have cracks in them that make them even worse looking, so I'll have to replace them eventually. Headlights are probably next on the list after we work out the kinks in the coilovers.
        Typically if you want to keep them clear after you buff them out you should spray some UV-resistant clear over the top of it, otherwise exactly what you said happened will keep happening.

Something like this.

Comment

Buffed the headlights and they look better but still a little cloudy

photo IMG_9124_zpsxczeew9a.jpg

photo IMG_9125_zpsysoiyi9b.jpg

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by DUTCHswift View Post

Comment

Almost have everything sorted out with the coilovers! Pics when I'm done. I also put some old headlight eliminators that I found on the backseat floor on, not sure how I feel about them but they will probably stay on there for a little bit at least. Pictures of that and more when I get a chance...stay tuned!

Comment

Great thread!
                  2015_VW Golf R
                  Manual
                  APR Tuned

Comment

Originally posted by mrmomoz View Post
                    Great thread!
                    Thanks!

Comment

Finally had a chance to take some pictures, enjoy...

Comment

The headlight brackets are busted which shows in the first picture I posted
                        Thoughts on the eliminators though?

Comment

No new additions to the 240 but its been having some transmission troubles :/

Comment

Working...
                          X