No announcement yet.

Taking Apart Perfectly Good Cars - Tristan's 240 Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coilovers most likely going in on my SPRING break coming up in a few weeks. I actually put together a video from Automotion last summer but scrapped it due to lack of footage, however, I plan on going there again this May and will make a video if I do. Apart from that, I'm planning on making a music video type thing with a bunch of shots of my car and stuff, but this depends on the weather when I head to northern Wisconsin for break (probably wont be able to take the 240 out). Other than that, not too much planned for the 240 anytime soon. I'll keep you guys updated and try to get some more pictures on here.

Comment

Some pictures I have that I haven't posted...

Comment

Looks great! Love the tow hook!

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
        @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Cleanest 240 I've seen in a minute. Wheels aren't my jazz but the whole car looks like its from a different time.

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
          I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

Automotion 2017 soon, coilovers will be in and pictures will be taken
            Last edited by 240Tristan; 05-17-2017, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Refurb those headlights asap. This thing looks cherry.

Comment

Originally posted by DUTCHswift View Post
                Refurb those headlights asap. This thing looks cherry.
                Yeah, I was looking for new ones a while back and all I could find were glass ones that were crazy expensive, but headlights are next on my list after I get the coilovers installed

Comment

Just grab that $30 kit from AutoZone, hook it up to your power drill and spend a couple hours on your headlights. You would not believe the difference it makes.

Comment

Awesome zenki, you've put in alot of good work
                    IG @Hansolbakken

Comment

I unboxed the coilovers and got them installed, they still need to be tweaked this weekend though. It looks like they came with a camber preset so all of my wheels are tilted in a bit and I also need to find a setup for the front and rear height to be set at.

BC Racing BR Series

The front isn't as low as I would like it to be and the rear is just around what I'm thinking. Only the front is really able to be seen in these pictures though.

Sorry for the blurry picture, it was getting late but I still wanted to document it

Before

After

Might need some wheel spacers after I get everything set up to make it look right. Automotion is a no go this year too since it looks like it will be getting rained out, so unfortunately no pictures from that
                      More pictures and updates when I finish the installation, most likely early next week!

Comment

Go down another 1.5". I doubt you will rub and it will look perfect while still maintaining the clean style you're going for.

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
                        I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

Finally got back to the Zenk and got the ride height settled, here are some more pictures I have from working on it...

The coilover is extremely close to the tire and I was thinking that I might have to end up getting wheel spacers if it rubs

It will probably stay like this for a while with no changes to it. Whenever the weather decides to get better I plan on making a video of the car and will post that on here along with a bunch of pictures! Stay tuned...

Comment

Pllleeaaaasseee... it will make such a huge difference and it takes like 15min to do haha

Good progress tho.

Comment

well this thread was fantastic until 5-17-17 when you changed the way you import images and my work computer wont let me view them now... haha but great looking 240! I like the wheels, bodywork and detailed updates!!

Comment

Originally posted by DUTCHswift View Post
                                Pllleeaaaasseee... it will make such a huge difference and it takes like 15min to do haha

Good progress tho.
                                Haha I know I know, I'm cleaning it and buffing the headlights tomorrow night, they get clearer and stay that way for about a month or so every time I buff them. Not sure if you can tell from the pictures but they also have cracks in them that make them even worse looking, so I'll have to replace them eventually. Headlights are probably next on the list after we work out the kinks in the coilovers.

Comment

Working...
                                X