Aussie P.O.S. R31 Skyline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1jze30 View Post
    Man taking the time to cut "n" shut the rust is a first step in the right direction, I would have been a bit worried if just you sprayed it with a rattle can as ive seen plenty of people do, 31's are highly underestimated they are a nice platform any plans for the rb?
    yeah man i have seen pop reverts and very thin gauge sheet used to 'fix' the rust in the same area which simply terrifies me haha.

i haven't really got plans at the moment as money is so tight atm but id love to buy a spare motor to bore out and turbo. but thats at least 2 years away
    BULLSHIT BUILD-THREAD

Comment

• Originally posted by archie. View Post
      This is a cool thread bro. Always had a soft spot for 31s and as everyone else has said your wheel choice is impeccable. My mate told me the other day that Australian delivered 31's came out with a live axle because we had laws against putting IRS in passenger cars for a while. Something to do with "Australian conditions" (read: shit roads). If that's true I guess it's evidence that we've always had clueless politicians and a nanny-state mentality when it comes to road safety. Certainly makes it hard to drive cool shit hey. Can't wait for Newman to get the arse.
      I'll be following this build anyway
      thanks dude i try keep the wheel choice on the nicer side of cheap
      and yeah i guess the roads may have been pretty shit 30ish years ago..its funny how new technology scares our aussie politicians... take the NBN for example, fast internet is scary guys!! ( sorry if non Australians have no idea what im talking about!)
      BULLSHIT BUILD-THREAD

Comment

• okay so got the skybox home!
        well to my new home.
        and that was a fun experience. definitely the furthest I've driven a car on its starter alone! ahhaha

and after all that I didn't take a single photo of the move.
        but I do have a few crappy photos of it sitting in its new room that I just took so here you go

like the little wheel rack/bench that I whipped up out of an old roof i ripped out of my dads?
        well I think im the shit anyway...

and as always!
        thanks for watching!
        BULLSHIT BUILD-THREAD

Comment

• [QUOTE=
          i haven't really got plans at the moment as money is so tight atm but id love to buy a spare motor to bore out and turbo. but thats at least 2 years away [/QUOTE]

I had a mate that threw an stock rb30 into an s13 and shell and run a ebay turbo kit
          It lasted a year and a half on 8psi with a chip tune, before he crashed it

Comment

• yeah low boost setups are perfect for a stock 30
            ill probably want a bit more than 8 psi but nothing crazy haha
            but ill have to really research everything properly when the time comes...

id like to have a spare block to build up into a nice fresh turbo setup so it can just drop in when the time comes and that way i wont be in a terrible rush and can do things properly
            BULLSHIT BUILD-THREAD

Comment

• 2.5 head? dreams can come true damit!
              Ill be interested to see what you end up doing
              30's can be awesome but very expensive

Comment

• Yeah iv thought of a 25 head but I don't think it's worth all the hassle for an old 31 haha

I'd like to spend a pretty penny on a great turbo setup and supporting modifications when I finish my apprenticeship and get a good wage
                BULLSHIT BUILD-THREAD

Comment

• Aussie P.O.S. R31 Skyline

Quick little update
                  I bought an almost new Whiteline rear sway bar from a guy who's I was following his thread and recently got in trouble having a bit too much fun in his 31 and decided to part it out
                  So I picked this up

Basically new he put it in a few months ago and I got it for $120 with bushings and everything
                  Pretty good deal and hopefully a tad better than stock 30year old 18mm this one is a stiffer 20mm
                  Other than that just trying to organise my new house and garage. Now that I have finally finished with my lease on the old house and my bond money is on it's way back to me I should be able to have a bit more time on my hands
                  BULLSHIT BUILD-THREAD

Comment

• Nice to see some progression.

A stock RB30 with the single cam head on it will do 8psi easy with the supporting fuel mods.
                    You can go to whatever psi you really want to as long as your brave enough but if you go the normal T3/T4 and 7-8psi sort of shit it will be like 130kw+ depending on the exact shit you do.

Or just bin the RB30 when you have the money and go with a RB25 or if you feel like going stupid put a LS1 in it like I am.

I am really broke with far too many ideas.

Comment

• Haha i think I'll keep the rb 30 for now man I have plans for an ls but they don't include an r31 :/ but jeezus do I need to find your build thread if your building one haha
                      I'd like to build a pretty strong block and internals and guns down a xr6 turbo, can't remember the model but iv heard good things from them
                      BULLSHIT BUILD-THREAD

Comment

• Originally posted by MattHatCat View Post
                        Haha i think I'll keep the rb 30 for now man I have plans for an ls but they don't include an r31 :/ but jeezus do I need to find your build thread if your building one haha
                        I'd like to build a pretty strong block and internals and guns down a xr6 turbo, can't remember the model but iv heard good things from them
                        F6 typhoon ute, I used to work with a steel fixer that had one it was pushing 600rwhp with tune , injectors , pump and turbo , awesome motor...... I dislike BA falcons very much

Comment

• Yeah my good mate was going to but a typhoon motor in his 32 but decided to just rebuild his rb25 should be good but yeah typhoon engines are the shit , such easy reliable power so I've heard, I dislike most falcons and commodores very much also
                          BULLSHIT BUILD-THREAD

Comment

• Originally posted by MattHatCat View Post
                            Haha i think I'll keep the rb 30 for now man I have plans for an ls but they don't include an r31 :/ but jeezus do I need to find your build thread if your building one haha
                            Yeah I've got a S2 R31, going full out drift car with it now.

I don't update my build thread so no point.

I am really broke with far too many ideas.

Comment

• okay so today i got a bit done so i thought id tell ya!

getting my car here was a bit of a feat, i think I have mentioned I had to drive it pretty dang far on the starter just to get it on and off the trailer.
                              doing so pointed out something I had never noticed, the negative cable between the terminal and fixing point on the body was, get this, an audio cable...
                              like something you would wire an amp up with.
                              I don't know what gauge it was but I'd say it was less then 6mm2 and this part of the cable had melted.
                              there is also a lot of bullshit coming off the body terminal for the thermo fan setup that numb-nuts previous owner had rigged up.

so I thought I'd beef things up and get some 22mm2 cable . I decided to replace from the block to chassis, chassis to body and body to battery.

just look at this shit.

as an electrician this pisses me right off.

I didn't have many tools with me so I actually has to cave to the forces of evil and do basically the same thing that was done in the photo above but ill be going over all the wiring the previous owner has thrown in and this will definitely get fixed.

all crimped up
                              didn't have a heat gun and a lighter doesn't work on this heat shrink, its like super heavy duty so I'll have to do the heat shrink when I go over the rest of the dodgy wiring.
                              don't have a pic of the finished wiring its pretty hard to see any way with the grotty bay

next i moved onto replacing the steering column bush with a solid alloy one

Old rubber one, so much slop in this!
                              had to buy a second 12mm spanner to get it off because no socket would fit..

new one
                              also had to run down to work to use the vice to press these steel sleeves in

and then I didn't take photos after that haha I don't know why must have forgot to.

also searched through all my bits to find the water pump pulley and studs,
                              couldn't find the nuts so couldn't get that and the belts on today so I'll have to buy some more
                              I **** losing parts ahah

andddd i think that's it.
                              CHEERS!
                              BULLSHIT BUILD-THREAD

Comment

• Originally posted by Neil View Post
                                Yeah I've got a S2 R31, going full out drift car with it now.

I don't update my build thread so no point.
                                i think i found it last night. looks good, finished being a student yet so you can pour money in ?? :p
                                you should update!
                                you seem to be on here a lot why no updates!
                                BULLSHIT BUILD-THREAD

Comment

Working...
                                X