Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm back! Fake-Benz content inside (SRT-6)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know they're double staggered, but what are the offsets of the OEM wheels? Have you given any thought to adapters or wobble bolts, or are you trying to steer clear of those?
    Instagram - @laneraymond

Everything you've heard about me is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by LaneRaymond View Post
      I know they're double staggered, but what are the offsets of the OEM wheels? Have you given any thought to adapters or wobble bolts, or are you trying to steer clear of those?
      I've considered running adapters with some 5x100/5x114.3 wheels. I have pretty ginormous spacers on my existing setup as it is so running adapters would be similar to what i'm doing now in a sense.....lol. I want to keep a euro look with whatever I get though.
      MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
      Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

• Well from another guy who had a 5x112 car, I know the struggle of finding wheels.I ended up ordering 5x112 to 5x120 adapters to run BMW wheels, and I'll probably end up with wobble bolts to fit 5x114.3 on my 190e.

If you go the route of adapters, I'd look into Porsche wheels as they tend to have a nice, high, "adapter/spacer friendly" offsets and maybe even a double stagger if you're lucky.

On an unrelated note, those red tail overlays completely change the rear end of the car. I almost bought one of these (non SRT) and remember thinking how tough it would be to make it aesthetically appealing.

You sir, have accomplished that.
        Instagram - @laneraymond

Everything you've heard about me is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by LaneRaymond View Post
          Well from another guy who had a 5x112 car, I know the struggle of finding wheels.I ended up ordering 5x112 to 5x120 adapters to run BMW wheels, and I'll probably end up with wobble bolts to fit 5x114.3 on my 190e.

If you go the route of adapters, I'd look into Porsche wheels as they tend to have a nice, high, "adapter/spacer friendly" offsets and maybe even a double stagger if you're lucky.

On an unrelated note, those red tail overlays completely change the rear end of the car. I almost bought one of these (non SRT) and remember thinking how tough it would be to make it aesthetically appealing.

You sir, have accomplished that.
          Appreciate it man! Much more to come this fall.
          Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

• I swear that everytime I clean my car I notice more & more flaws in the paint. Not that it matters given the fact that I am having the car redone soon, but it still kinda sucks. I was working on my car at my buddy's house last night (we were trying to re-mount my side splitters to get them to lay flat again) and his garage has really good lighting. We were looking over the car and wow.......just wow.....it's just such a shitty quality paintjob.

I also went on a cruise yesterday with a bunch of people to a Sonic that's about an hour away. While there I met someone who also had his car (slammed Forester) worked on by the same place that painted my car, and to no surprise, he also had a bad experience. He said that he was having his front bumper fiberglassed (it was cracked in half at the bottom of the bumper). The shop had it 4+ months and never got it done. Also found out that another guy I know was having his Evo worked on there (custom widebody) and after month's of it being there it was never finished and the work that was performed was sub-par. So it looks like i'm not the only person that got screwed over by this shop.
            Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

• Couple of boring updates.

First and foremost, my car somehow got accepted to the Import Expo show that's coming up at the end of September in Washington DC. Do I feel as though my car is "ready" for an indoor event? Absolutely not, especially with the ass-tastic quality of the paint. But hey, being as i've only attended one car event all year (Springfest) and also considering I will not be able to make it to H20i this year, i'm still pretty excited to go nonetheless. I will be enlisting the help of my friend who is a professional detailer to help make my car look better than it actually is.......lol. I am hopefully that he can essentially finish the buffing that the bodyship started and never finished, as well as get some more of that pesky "body shop gunk" out of the hard to reach crevaces/seams. I'll be attending with my buckled fender and all......lol.

Otherwise, I finally ordered some LED headlights. I had a 15% coupon through HID Extra so I ordered a set of their RAZIR LED headlights. I ***** my HID's but I can't stand how boring my car looks at night with the standard halogen bulbs so going the LED route seemed like the most sensible option.

I am still hopeful to get the car back in the bodyshop within the coming months. The bodyshop still hasn't refunded me the agreed upon amount but I did speak with them the other day so i'm expecting to receive it soon.
              Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

• that's rad man! dc is like an hour away from where i live lol

follow the squad!

Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC91K2XpPO1ljzJHnPigT7OA
                Instagram: : https://instagram.com/ihate0sc/

Comment

• Originally posted by ihate0sc View Post
                  that's rad man! dc is like an hour away from where i live lol
                  Haha me too man.

Oh and I also ordered these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/License-Plat...-/201237659256
                  Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

• Here's a really good picture someone took of my car at Cars & Coffee over the weekend. Figured I'd share it.

Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

• realy nice picture! Best looking chrysler I've ever seen
                      Ruining cars since 2006 yo

Comment

• Originally posted by Meeve View Post
                        realy nice picture! Best looking chrysler I've ever seen
                        Appreciate it!

So I was at a local meet the other night and a friend of mine got to telling me about his friend's recent experience at the same bodyshop that painted my car. Turns out i'm not the only person that's received a sub-par paintjob from this shop. His buddy recently had his Evo 8/9 worked on by this shop. Went in to have a widebody installed as well as a full color change repspray. After having his car there for months he wound up with a lackluster quality paintjob too. The car was not buffed properly, there were fish eyes everywhere, same bodyshop gunk build-up in the crevaces/under the hood just like me. He also said that the trunk holes that were filled after removing the wing could still be seen through the paint/clearcoat, his door handles weren't aligned properly and one of his doors no longer locks/unlocks using the key fob. There were other things he mentioned but the point of my story here is that this guy paid a premium to have his car painted/worked on and walked away with an essentially unfinished car just like I did. He, like myself, is now looking to have his car redone elsewhere.
                        Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

• So my buddy that does detailing and paint correction is going to come take a look at my car today to see if my paintjob is salvageable. As I mentioned a few posts up, another guy I know recently had his car painted by the same shop that did mine and wound up running into alot of the same issues I did. However, my friend that does paint correction was able to salvage his paintjob after about 20+ hours of wetsanding and budding. I've already sent him a few pictures but he wants to come look it over in person. Honestly I think there are just too many bad areas to salvage it, but clearcoat can be pretty forgiving so we'll see what he says.
                          Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

• Damn, that sucks dude. I'd be pissed. Hopefully it all works out
                            2010 135i | Alpine White | Coral Red | 6MT | Bagged

Build | Instagram: fifty3bags

Comment

• Originally posted by fifty3bags View Post
                              Damn, that sucks dude. I'd be pissed. Hopefully it all works out
                              Yeah it's a pretty shitty situation but i'm doing my best to get through it. I'm still actively driving the car and Instagram filters keep it looking good when I post pictures of it

My goal is to have it all squared and back to 100% by the end of the year.
                              Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

• I feel like this is the most stagnant, slow moving "build thread" of all time......lol.

I finally got around to installing my new RAZIR LED headlights. They're amazing. The color and light output is perfect. However, I failed to reinstall my rubber caps on the back of the headlights after I put them in and then proceeded to take my car through a touchless car wash and now my driver side headlight has crazy condensation in it -__-. I'm waiting for it to try out and then i'm going to throw the rubber caps back on to prevent that from happening again.

I also went ahead and got my quote for my oil catch can, custom center console mount boost gauge so they'll be going in soon. I also spoke with the shop that does the majority of my work (Blockstar) about the idea of fabbing me up a custom radiator cooling panel and they're game so that'll be happening too!

As for the paint......I had my buddy that does paint correction look it over and he concluded that my best bet will be to have the car resprayed (again). He said that he could spend 20+ hours correcting/wetsanding it but ultimately it still won't be perfect. The main thing was the fisheyes that are everything on the car. Some of them are so deep that he didn't feel confident wetsanding them to the point that they're gone because it would risk damaging the clearcoat/paint. So I guess a (another) respray will be the move later this year.
                                Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

Working...
                                X