No announcement yet.

Project N/A 2JZ Soarer from aus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in for more! oh. and Richard Ayoade is a funny man!
    Instagram - marcuscreek ---- facebook - /cusbum

Static Low R50 Mini Cooper

Comment

Originally posted by cus View Post
      in for more! oh. and Richard Ayoade is a funny man!
      thanks man. Yeah agreed haha

Comment

been a while and some good progress guys.

My hubcentric spacers arrived so i dropped those on the front with a set of longer studs. Finished sanding and spraying the calipers so finally put everything on. Been waiting years for this brake upgrade

Recently rebuilt 4pot jza80 rz front calipers
        New slotted and drilled front rotors
        2pot rz rear calipers with new rotors
        new pads all around
        Upgraded bigger bore 26.9mm brake master cylinder
        Fluid flush and bleed

Had goodridge braided stainless lines to go on but i gave up trying to get the old lines off. Anyone else had this problem? Started stripping the nut that joins it to the hardline and felt as though the hardline itself was going to twist and crack.. Planning on getting a shop to install them a bit down the track.

Lowered the front a bit so heres how its sitting now

Car stops amazing now and pedal feel is quite solid after the bleed (after stainless lines pedal should firm up even more). Only a few cms of pedal travel before brakes engage. I will be ready to attempt some track days soon!

Decided im going to redo my exhaust before respray. Has a good note at the moment but hangs a bit low for my liking, drones a bit much, and the whole thing has become a bit ricey to me now. New exhaust will be a single right hand side exit with the other exhaust hole filled. Hopefully anyway, i have to find someone that will plastic weld it properly first.

Also will be doing all my rears bushings as they've been squeaking something horrible for the last two years and i think its finally time i did something about it.

cliffs for next mods
        5zigen Mega Fireball axle-back exhaust with 2.75" stainless piping from the headers
        Mount rear 97+ wing
        install RCA Race rear UCA bushings

and then respray. Think im going to go with Toyotas "Black Onyx" 202 paint colour code, An oem option for the soarer.

Any feedback/suggestions appreciated!

Comment

Go Perth.
          Rims came up awesome. What were Whitehorse like to deal with. Need to get some new lips for my RS's. And figure it would be nice to keep the money within Australia and not buy from overseas.

Comment

Not sure how I feel about the shaved front inner lights, but its growing on me

Still love the car though

Comment

You're doing this so right. Proceed
              My Build:

Comment

Originally posted by Mtt View Post
                Got rims back today. My new carbon rings and screws arrived aswell

Have FALKEN FK452 tyres to go on them, going to try get the tyres fitted tomorrow
                245/45/r18
                285/35/r18
                Where did you get the new rings and screws?
                Instagram: @mattragsdale
                '97 M3 build

Comment

Originally posted by Welfare View Post
                  Go Perth.
                  Rims came up awesome. What were Whitehorse like to deal with. Need to get some new lips for my RS's. And figure it would be nice to keep the money within Australia and not buy from overseas.
                  Hey buddy, Whitehorse we're great to deal with, the only thing is you have to have patience. Waited 12 weeks for the wheels to be rebuilt, and it would have been an extra 4 weeks if i got them assembled over east aswell. In your case however, by which i mean just getting 4 new outers, the wait should be approximately 6weeks. If you havn't got a quote already it should be around 200 each for new outers, including $35ea for polishing. Tricky bit is getting the right information to Craig so he can make the new outers exactly how you want.

Originally posted by SnazzyQ View Post
                  Not sure how I feel about the shaved front inner lights, but its growing on me

Still love the car though
                  Thanks for your feedback bro!

Originally posted by philohlean View Post
                  You're doing this so right. Proceed
                  Trying! Its hard to find the line between buying the most expensive but quality parts and then just buying the most logical, cost effective solution that will get the same thing done. The 5zigen mega fireball mufflers go for crack prices now because they were discontinued a while.. $500 for one muffler but im going to bite the bullet

Originally posted by Stancyeze View Post
                  Where did you get the new rings and screws?
                  here you go dude:

Don't think the rings are genuine carbon fibre but im honestly still not sure

edit: the ebay ad says they are, but not sure if this is a Genuine OZ product or not

Comment

I like this and nice Dyno numbers too. Like stock m3 s52 auto whp

Comment

Originally posted by e34///M View Post
                      I like this and nice Dyno numbers too. Like stock m3 s52 auto whp
                      Thanks man yeah it goes alright, ran 14.9 at my first time down at the drags. That was with a 2.3sec 0-60ft time, so with practice i could probably run a 14.6.

more n/a power mods to come

Comment

Why no turbo? its a jz!
                        BMW E23 build thread

Comment

Originally posted by 7075x4130 View Post
                          Why no turbo? its a jz!
                          Hey dude to be completely honest with you i think my car is almost already fast enough for me personally. The only time i feel i need huge horsepower is when i race something on the highway and just get blown away. This probably happens in 0.001% of time spent driving the car.

I love the idea of all-motor power, instant throttle response. The induction sound of individual throttle bodies is also something i need in my life. I reckon with another 30 or so rwhp I'll reach a balance of handling and power that i can have good fun with on touge roads and on the track (even if im setting 'slow' lap times).

not bagging turbos though i think theyre awesome aswell, i just don't want one. maybe one day..
                          Last edited by Mtt; 07-03-2014, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Just an update it two years on. Cliffs:Itb build running and tuned + a bunch of engine mods, full new exhaust. Respray done and wheels + set of Advan RGs for track use. Bucket seat and some interior work. Custom vented bonnet. Will go through chronologically - missing a lot of stuff because too much has happened (me being lazy and not posting anything)

custom itb manifold from Japan arrived and mocked up. Blacktop 4age throttles

custom made equal length long tube extractors

Parts accumulated over years. The status seat cost me an arm and a leg with currency conversion and shipping. Worth it

Headwork under construction. Cams and supporting valvetrain work + itb install. Lots of headaches

Finished and tuned. 200whp here. Sounds glorious. throttle response good but needs lightweight flywheel ( to come )

Shaving things

Servo snap the day of getting it back from paint shop

In the weeks after

A year later

Preparing for coilpack conversion - still to come.

Then I purchased a beautiful bonnet, as expected it cracked in freight. Had to repair and spray before final fitment

This pic is a few months old. Bonnet fitted. These are my 17x9.5+14 Advan RG track rims, wrapped in good rubber. Just swapped these for a set of 17x9.5 gold Advan RG2 which will be re powdercoated and fitted soon.

Final pic from the other night rocking the Futuras.

Car is still slow (as expected)but is still terrific to drive. The noise is glorious. Happy with its exterior, although a recent hills run took some paint off my front lip. Plans to come? I have some BC 272 cams, 2jzgte vvti coilpacks for coil on plug conversion, and am assembling parts for dedicated e85 fuel, and JUN lightweight flywheel. This stuff will happen at once in the next couple of months, hoping for 250whp @7700rpm.

Hope you guys enjoyed seeing the fruit of the build. I wonder if ill ever be content? Probably not

Comment

HOW did I not see this lol. This is exactly what I wanted to do with my SC! ITB's are the goal eventually but I need to get a manual trans sorted first. I also wanted to do the high beam delete but I'm planning on painting the car a different color and I think it only really works well with black like yours. Please please please post a sound clip of your car with the ITB's I'm dying to hear it. This car is just way too cool man seriously good job, might be a dumb question but are the lines you have running off of the top of the throttle bodies going to a vacuum port? Also do you guys have EGR in AUS and if so did you delete it to get away from dealing with the vacuum mess? So happy you updated this so I could see it finally. Also are those GTE valve covers? I noticed the PCV port position is different.

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
                              I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

Dear god this is awesome!! Please keep us updated on the new changes. Love the commitment to N/A and the balance of form and function. Would love to see some track footage.
                                sigpic
                                Follow Me on TikTok & IG: Eric_Thiergood

Comment

Working...
                                X