• Show
Clear All

• philohlean
    replied
    You're doing this so right. Proceed

Leave a comment:

• SnazzyQ
    replied
    Not sure how I feel about the shaved front inner lights, but its growing on me

Still love the car though

Leave a comment:

• Welfare
    replied
    Go Perth.
    Rims came up awesome. What were Whitehorse like to deal with. Need to get some new lips for my RS's. And figure it would be nice to keep the money within Australia and not buy from overseas.

Leave a comment:

• Mtt
    replied
    been a while and some good progress guys.

My hubcentric spacers arrived so i dropped those on the front with a set of longer studs. Finished sanding and spraying the calipers so finally put everything on. Been waiting years for this brake upgrade

Recently rebuilt 4pot jza80 rz front calipers
    New slotted and drilled front rotors
    2pot rz rear calipers with new rotors
    new pads all around
    Upgraded bigger bore 26.9mm brake master cylinder
    Fluid flush and bleed

Had goodridge braided stainless lines to go on but i gave up trying to get the old lines off. Anyone else had this problem? Started stripping the nut that joins it to the hardline and felt as though the hardline itself was going to twist and crack.. Planning on getting a shop to install them a bit down the track.

Lowered the front a bit so heres how its sitting now

Car stops amazing now and pedal feel is quite solid after the bleed (after stainless lines pedal should firm up even more). Only a few cms of pedal travel before brakes engage. I will be ready to attempt some track days soon!

Decided im going to redo my exhaust before respray. Has a good note at the moment but hangs a bit low for my liking, drones a bit much, and the whole thing has become a bit ricey to me now. New exhaust will be a single right hand side exit with the other exhaust hole filled. Hopefully anyway, i have to find someone that will plastic weld it properly first.

Also will be doing all my rears bushings as they've been squeaking something horrible for the last two years and i think its finally time i did something about it.

cliffs for next mods
    5zigen Mega Fireball axle-back exhaust with 2.75" stainless piping from the headers
    Mount rear 97+ wing
    install RCA Race rear UCA bushings

and then respray. Think im going to go with Toyotas "Black Onyx" 202 paint colour code, An oem option for the soarer.

Any feedback/suggestions appreciated!

Leave a comment:

• Mtt
    replied
    Originally posted by cus View Post
    in for more! oh. and Richard Ayoade is a funny man!
    thanks man. Yeah agreed haha

Leave a comment:

• cus
    replied
    in for more! oh. and Richard Ayoade is a funny man!

Leave a comment:

• Mtt
    replied
    Originally posted by jlaffo91 View Post
    Yer I'm on the WAJCC, and WAJCP page. You go to the JDM obsessions cruise the other night? I'm NOR, and always thought there was more stuff going on SOR.
    nice mate well if you see my car at a meet be sure to come say hi. Nah i didn't go on the cruise but im glad i didn't haha, that would be been an instant yellow

Leave a comment:

• jlaffo91
    replied
    Yer I'm on the WAJCC, and WAJCP page. You go to the JDM obsessions cruise the other night? I'm NOR, and always thought there was more stuff going on SOR.

Leave a comment:

• Mtt
    replied
    Originally posted by AdsyAd View Post
    Absolutely great progress mate, looks hotter then a nun on heat.
    hahaha thanks chief

Originally posted by jlaffo91 View Post
    Hey its great to see someone else from Perth on here. Car looks absolutely awesome. Looking forward to seeing more progress
    Hey man! Yeah im south of the river. i think most of the car scene is North but i still get amongst it. You on WAJCC facebook page?

Originally posted by Chasen88 View Post
    This makes me miss my sc.
    i hope it inspires you to buy one again! Soarers in Australia are treated like absolute crap. Theres is VERY few nice ones, let alone clean ones. 95% of soarer interiors are falling apart and paint is faded. Thats part of the reason why i like this car as a platform because it will stand out in my city and eventually show how nice these cars can look to people that don't know.

Originally posted by scweet14 View Post
    looking good man, wish the wheels were a little more aggressive but i love that you got futuras!
    thanks dude! Yeah i definitely could have gone more aggresive with the fronts but i was hesitant because i wasn't sure how much clearence i would have after doing my front caliper upgrade. I was told it could be a problem. Anyway i have 10mm spaces on the way so that should help out a bit and give it more of a 'pitbull' stance.

As far as the rears i really couldn't have gone any more aggressive dude haha. My car is daily driven and cops over here are brutal on low/fitment/mods man. They give defect notices on a whim and recently they've caught onto jap cars having wheels out of the gaurds and cracked down on it. Im sure jlaffo91 will back me up on this and appreciate how manly ive already gone with the rears hahaha. I tried to find that middle point with a little bit of poke and stretch but nothing crazy. But i'm going to get a defect notice its just a matter of time. It will cost a grand or more to get the defect off aswell (can't drive the car after its been 'yellow stickered'). Student budget dfoesn't really permit widebody either. Wheel specs worked out in the end to be

18x10.5 +40
    18x11 +30

Anyway thanks man! And i love your SC.

Originally posted by philohlean View Post
    This thing is awesome, start to finish. Keep up the stellar work dude
    Thanks bro will keep the updates flowing
    Last edited by Mtt; 06-09-2014, 01:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• philohlean
    replied
    This thing is awesome, start to finish. Keep up the stellar work dude

Leave a comment:

• scweet14
    replied
    looking good man, wish the wheels were a little more aggressive but i love that you got futuras!

Leave a comment:

• Chasen88
    replied
    This makes me miss my sc.

Leave a comment:

• jlaffo91
    replied
    Hey its great to see someone else from Perth on here. Car looks absolutely awesome. Looking forward to seeing more progress

Leave a comment:

• AdsyAd
    replied
    Absolutely great progress mate, looks hotter then a nun on heat.

Leave a comment:

• Mtt
    replied
    Originally posted by MadMax View Post
    love it !

really like that you're keeping it NA...
    Thanks bro!

So guys a few updates i've been pretty busy doing work. Had a pretty bad exhaust leak from the bottom of the extractors so decided to sort that out and clean the exhaust up at the same time. Fixed the leak by putting in some 2.5" 10mm flange billet flange spacers and gasket either side. Fixed 99% of the leak but i can still here it when letting off at 7000rpm. Happy though.

Wet sanded most of the rust off the exhaust and resprayed black with high-temp VHT caliper paint. We'll see how long it lasts! Happy with how it turned out. The exhaust is full 2.5" with mandrel bends, bashed out cat, a cheap glasspack muffler and some fairly sketchy welds done by my welding mate a while back when i went twin tips. The exhaust actually sounds really mean though. Sounds especially great in my citys 1.6km underground tunnel. Have been asked if i have ITBS after tunnel run cruises! Have got videos ill throw up as soon as i can work out how to get a video off facebook and onto youtube

So that was last weekends work. The Futuras are now on after buying 255/35/R18 Federeal 595-RSR tyres for the rear. Stretch is now even on all 4's and the stretch obviously made the fitment start to come good. I've ordered 10mm hubcentric spacers for the front (Toyota cb is 60.1mm). The new tyres on a good set of balanced, hub centric wheels feels AMAZING. Great grip and im not rubbing fronts or rears with this low. Going to get new rear bushings and an alignment in the next couple of weeks. Planning to get ~1.5degrees of negative camber all around. Also converted all my interior lights to LEDs as well as my number plate lights. Looks a lot less bunky now at night.

This weekend i spent putting my Wise front lip rep on. It got bent in the post so was an aboslute bitch to get on. Had to drill about 30 holes and bolt it in. Happy with the fitment in the end and i think it made the front end look a lot meaner! Polyurethane so pretty much indestructible.

Anyway here are the photos! Notice my headlights looking clear and dry after my restoration efforts. They used to literally have pools of water in them and clouds of moisture on the lens.

Progress is moving well so i'm happy. I deicded to do my brake upgrade properly. So i've ordered second hand rear 2pot Supra TT brakes with new rotors and new pads. They should arrive this week with my Supra TT bigger bore brake master cylinder aswell. The bigger master cylinder is needed when you do the 4 -2 pot brake upgrade to maintain pedal feel and response. Next update should be in a week or two with the brakes in, spaced out front wheels and 97 rear wing +bootlid.
    Last edited by Mtt; 06-08-2014, 03:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X