Project E28 from the Dirty South

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a day!

I cant thank Jonathan (evilrduck) and Paul (Paul@RevoTechnik) enough for helping me out today at the pull-a-part! We spent 3 godforsaken hours yanking, tugging, spitting, cursing, hammering, prying, ratcheting, and bursting blood vessels until we finally got out the cross member for my Explorer I'm in the process of selling.

I didn't even get to look for Bimmer parts while we were there

But the day wasn't a total loss for the Bee Emm Dubya...

I worked on the E34 headlights I scooped up last week

Dude these things are pitted! I swear they came off a gravel rally car or something. I wetsanded with 1000 grit and nothing. Had some 180 grit on hand so I tested it out. Still nothing! Switched to 80 grit and its just NOT smoothing out
    I'm gonna try some Meguiar's wax on it tomorrow to see if it'll fill in any.

I also got these badboys in today after being on back order from DDM Tuning

Hoping the Atlanta weather will hold out so I can duct tape that crossmember into my Exploder and pass it on to the new owner. Then I'll be able to roll up my sleeves on the Bimmer!

-Paul

Comment

i **** ford cross members!!!!!!! what a pain in the ass!!!!!
      ****** shake my hand but i keep the sanitizer on deck
      -KC

Comment

Brief update:

Tires are on their way to the house from onlinetires.com

Ordered spacers today
        - I have to say that Matt at Adaptec (fifteen52 designs) was an incredible help! He answered all of my annoying emails and was very patient with me on the phone. He's stoked to see the outcome of this just as much as I am! I HIGHLY recommend calling or emailing them for any future adapter/spacer needs

and in other news...

I start school this week at The Creative Circus totally stoked. I'm about to order a elephant crate's worth of camera equipment

Have a good Easter weekend everyone!
        -Paul

Comment

Marietta huh? Me too! I want to see this thing, I'm about to start working on my e28 soon as well.

Comment

Originally posted by jcbe34 View Post
            Marietta huh? Me too! I want to see this thing, I'm about to start working on my e28 soon as well.
            Be careful man, I may put you to work! haha

I have to rekey the car because the PO didn't have keys (long story but it's legit). So until then I haven't been driving it much cause I can't leave it unlocked around certain parts of Marietta

Anyone know of any good auto locksmiths around this area?

Comment

god my fenders are raped. To run those flush on my car, I'd need a ~40mm spacer up front, and a 61mm spacer in the back.

Can't wait to see this car shape up.

Comment

you better get this done so you can help me on my e21 project
                -KC

Comment

love the rims choice.

Jacques Cousteau could never get this low

Comment

Your Welcome!
                    -KC

Comment

Originally posted by M.Burroughs View Post
                      god my fenders are raped. To run those flush on my car, I'd need a ~40mm spacer up front, and a 61mm spacer in the back.

Can't wait to see this car shape up.
                      Your fenders on the E28?

Damn dude!

-1993 535i/5 NA-T

Comment

Originally posted by CSBolger View Post
                        Your fenders on the E28?

Damn dude!
                        Yeah. People never realized how much I rolled them.

Comment

Nice find, love the color,

Wheel choice is awesome
                          Subscribed

AmberLamps..... Get rid of them!

Comment

Looks clean for an old skool ride,i like the rims to look forward to updates!
                            Live,Breathe,Build,Believe,BMW!

Comment

What a week...

I started school for photography and have been waiting and fighting for my loans to come in for all my new camera gear. So the Bimmer got put on the back burner for the past couple weeks.

I gave her a bath today to get rid of the stupid amount of pollen we've gotten here in Atlanta

Then I decided to tackle my HID install. I had picked up a set of e34 projectors locally and had to trim them to fit. In the middle of this, the first lens slipped out of my greasy mechanics gloves and fell to the concrete and shattered. It was like icing on the cake after everything else going on. Nevermind, I decided to put it in anyways with broken glass. I'll try to score another one soon

sorry for all the crappy iPhone pics...

The end result was very pleasing. 3000Ks are very yellow but looked awesome.

My tires should've been here this week too. I called onlinetires.com to check on my order and low and behold, they were on back order for another 6-8weeks
                              So I had them ship me the most comparable ones and they should be here Monday.

Cheers
                              -Paul

Comment

lookin good...bout time we had another E28 join the crew!

Comment

Working...
                                X