No announcement yet.

My 99 Saturn Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From my research those aren't as good as the federal 595 that I got. They're about the same price too. I'm really happy with them. Even in the wet they're not bad for the fact that they have an aggressive tread pattern.

Low n' Slow
    Twitter/IG: ChicoChiefer
    1996 Saturn SW2 DD in progress
    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=67883

Comment

• I'm looking for a solid dailyable tire setup, so no crazy stretch, and still a decent sidewall. The 185-35 just seems way too small and I'm worried a 205-40 would be too big, but then again there are better options for tires in that size. I had good luck with my set of Nankang NS-20's so maybe I'll pick up another set of those. Anybody have experience with those in a 205-40?
      99' Saturn SL2 DD slow build
      IG: bsweitzer99

Comment

• Looks fantastic. The more and more of these I see .. "stanced" the more I welcome the idea of owning one at some point. The only things I can't get past is the steering wheel and that muffler. Haha. Looks great dude, keep it up.

As far as forced induction, what do you guys use for engine management? I wouldn't think there'd be any sort of stand alone ECU like Kpro for example in the Saturn community.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dremetos View Post
          Looks fantastic. The more and more of these I see .. "stanced" the more I welcome the idea of owning one at some point. The only things I can't get past is the steering wheel and that muffler. Haha. Looks great dude, keep it up.

As far as forced induction, what do you guys use for engine management? I wouldn't think there'd be any sort of stand alone ECU like Kpro for example in the Saturn community.
          Thanks man- as for the steering wheel and muffler, I have a Momo wheel and adapter waiting to go on, and a mk6 gti dual outlet muffler that I may cut out the trunk floor for.
          Those are literally my two least favorite things as well haha.

As for management- Megasquirt. That's pretty much it. There are no PNP ecu's, since the factory computer has never been cracked.

Comment

• Clean and simple, I like it! Keep up the good work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sprinqer View Post
              Clean and simple, I like it! Keep up the good work.

👍
              Next weekend that I go home I'll be picking up the new wheels hopefully.

Comment

• ]

I just noticed the strut bar. whered you get it or did you make it?

Low n' Slow

Comment

• Just a cheap ebay bar that does nothing haha i have a couple.

Comment

• Picked up and pulled the old tires off the new wheels. Not thrilled with them as I'd like a brighter wheel.

Got the wheel in finally with matching bolts too

And the wideband

Been working on the Subaru top played, redrilled the rear to hopefully work as a Saturn front

Also found this in my floor pan

Whoops

Comment

• Been a while, but since then I've gotten my wheels back from paint, started work on the rear subframe strengthening project, as well as the brakes.

Paint is Platinum Grey metallic from a 2015 Gti

All for some beefy swaybar mounts

Also need to start work on the turbo manifold. Flange is confirmed to fit!

Also made up a bezel at school that I 3d printed to hold the gauges

Made a batch of coilover top plates to adapt the Subaru coilovers to Saturn strut towers. Stainless goodness

Also finished up the newly dyed carpet, what a difference.

Fixed some rusty crap and put down some sound deadening mat

Plaid headliner because I love being in pajamas

Stainless clutch line is finally bled and installed as well.

Comment

• Wow this Saturn rock !!

I had a SW1 for my first car. Loved it. The Sound in that car was awsome.

Comment

• Definitely sold on the wheel color.
                          IMG_4559 by Ben Sweitzer, on Flickr
                          IMG_4558 by Ben Sweitzer, on Flickr

Comment

• I likeeee them. When they going on?

Low n' Slow

Comment

• Cool! Those wheels will give it a jdm style for sure.

- Renato
                              TWMPerformance.com | TWMShiftKnobs.com | GodSaveTheManuals.com
                              sigpic

Comment

• Let's see that floor pan look like a piece of bacon.

These cars have been awkwardly growing on me over the past year or two lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X