No announcement yet.

Thom's bagged E46 saloon/sedan - Airlift, BBS RF - UK Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just saw a kinda finished picture on instagram...looks awesome !

Comment

tyres went on today with a little help from Dub Unit up in tamworth, big thanks to Matt for all the help fitting them, awesome guy.

stretch is pretty much spot on, really happy with my choices. this is the rear. fronts have smaller side walls so it looks a bit more thank this. perfect though

tried the wheels on as soon as i got home. theyre perfect! only got crap photos for now, this was just another test fit, ill be messing with the rear arches on saturday and fitting them properly then, still needs a bit of camber all round and a bit lower. but im really pleased with them.

front camber top mounts are still set to the centre, so ive got some adjustment there, i think a bit more camber and down a bit at the front, rear arches need grinding a bit and rolling a bit, theres a small amount of adjustment on the standard lower arms so im going to get as much camber from them as i can, not sure i need camber arms to be honest, theres loads naturally anyway.

height wise ive got roughly 2 inches clearance from the subframe at this height, so i can come down a bit more hopefully!

more updates on the weekend, i update my instagram regularly if people want to follow, username is thomwilliams_94

thanks!
      Bagged E46 saloon/sedan build thread --->>> http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=55964

Instagram: thomwilliams_

Comment

Its looks really good !!!! dialed up and lower itll be so mean.

Wheels colour flow nicely with the car.
        IG@valentinoduplan

Comment

Nice build

Comment

looking damn good man! you have a new follower on IG
            E46 Touring Build Thread http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=56076

Comment

so my wheels are finally on!

spend saturday sorting everything out as best i could. starting with adjusting the front top mounts to maximum negative camber to tuck the front wheels enough for me to turn. The rear arches have caused me a few issues, after a failed attempt at rolling them in the week, i decided to grind the second section of the lip off, making it much easier for me to fold it up. that didnt work either. so ive ended up grinding the entire inner lip out completely! probably not the most sensible idea but it was the only choice i had.

the rear lower arms have some very slight adjustment for camber, so ive maxed this out in the hope it would be enough without buying camber arms. im undecided if i want arms yet.

the front suspension is faultless! its rides unbelievably nice, and feels like a standard car most of the time despite being pretty stupidly low, ive still got the dampening set to the softest setting too. the rear im having mroe issues with, despite being on the hardest setting, there is still too much body roll around bends, causing the arches to just catch the side walls of the tyres. im currently debating whether to find someone who can make stiffer springs, add camber arms so that when the arch comes down it hits the lip of the wheel instead of the tyre, or whether to just live with it how it is.

chances are it will look like this for UD now, i havent got time to sort anything else.

anyway, some photos!

if anyone hasnt noticed, my nearside wing is rusted, the paint was bubbled up across the majority of the arch, but by far worst in one place. so now this is what it looks like :lol:

shows the wheels off really nice too

ive just embarked on my first proper journey in the car since fitting the wheels. im a bit on edge about the wheels, not sure whether to leave the centre caps off for daily use, just to save people trying to take them. driving wise its still so nice, girlfriend had nothing to moan about during the motorway drive last night haha, she said it looks broken but that was all. it even clears catseyes! which i wasnt expecting, my old car didnt and to me this looks lower.

next job is to sort the rear suspension issues. needs to be lowerrrrr
              Bagged E46 saloon/sedan build thread --->>> http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=55964

Comment

I'll look out for this at UD, its so nice!
                Instagram: @ask83n

Originally posted by DragginWagon
                Always build your car for yourself. and dont tell me you cant afford to.
                This thread is a perfect example of taking lemons and making fucking jager bombs!

Comment

Wow, that looks absolutely hot!!!

Comment

Love this man!!!

Comment

thanks guys. getting some hilarious looks driving round town haha.

think i may have a solution to my rear suspension issues too! but i wont blab on until i know it works.

Comment

looks awesome! hope you get all the issues solved....**** driving around worried something will break at any moment
                        E46 Touring Build Thread http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=56076

Comment

Threads like this make me miss my ole E46. Yours had come along quite nicely!
                          1993 BMW 325i
                          2001 BMW 330ci vert
                          2010 Chevy Silverado 2500HD

Comment

thanks guys. rear arches are attacking the rear tyres slightly so they need more attention, looks like camber arms arent going to be optional afterall haha.

Comment

so i managed to get the rear sorted. a slight arch flare and some damper length adjustments have allowed to to get approx/ 25mm lower and now with no rub at all!

took the car to the first show of the year last weekend. here are some photos. Love how it looks rolling.

and a picture with my friend Josh's e36 we build on the saturday before the show, and my other friend steves crazy b5 s4!

sorry for so many photos, but makes a nice change to all the writing. hope you all like it!

Comment

looks awesome !

I think you could round it up with some amber tails...

Comment

Working...
                                X