No announcement yet.

Thom's bagged E46 saloon/sedan - Airlift, BBS RF - UK Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i hit 170,000 miles the other day and everything seems to have broken all at once.

clutch release bearing started failing,
    then the crank pulley shattered and caused the car overheat, loose all electrics and powersteering 100 miles from home.

recovered home.

so i fixed both the pulley and clutch at the same time, having the gearbox off made it much easier to lock the crank to get the pulley off, which is around 400nm.

all fixed, and then within 10 miles a weird squeak started, somewhere on the aux belt. seems to be coming from the tensioner but im yet to fix it. pretty frustrating though as its loud.

Spent most of my time recently on friends cars, managed to get my friend Josh Stokes 350z sorted the other day and got some photos.

Finished University now, so once ive sorted what im going to be doing for work i might think about replacing the e46 with something else.
    Bagged E46 saloon/sedan build thread --->>> http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=55964

Instagram: thomwilliams_

Comment

• the 350z is soooo good

Comment

• BMTroubleyou ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Wheels sold a few weeks ago, air is off the car and being collected this weekend. the few other bits left have mostly been sold and hopefully the stock car is for sale and sold in the next week so i can make room for a replacement.

RIP
          Bagged E46 saloon/sedan build thread --->>> http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=55964

Instagram: thomwilliams_

Comment

• Late answer to your question, it's a bit of a grey area but in my state when I got defected it was completely illegal. I think now you can get it engineered but there's still certain restrictions like only e-level is allowed and it still isn't allowed to go too low so it's pointless making it "legal" anyway.

Sorry to hear about the car, I loved this thing. Keen to see what you do next though.

Comment

• get something cool asap as possible pls

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                X