Street/AutoX Shenanigans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Street/AutoX Shenanigans

EDIT: UPDATE OF SORTS: This thing is going to slowly turn into an autocross car, so form will be following function. But it will be low and should still turn out pretty badass for a little shitbox.

There will be very slow progress and lots of cell phone pics.

I have this 1993 Plymouth Colt, it's my only currently functional vehicle and it likes to burn oil. I picked it up for $800 bone stock from a sketchy body shop. It looked like this.

Drove it around bone stock for a while, then Sportrack roof racks went on sale and I got a driving light for all the Duramax driving brodozer asshats on the highways here. I also got new winter tires and threw them on some spray bombed steelies I had from my other car, a 1994 Eagle Summit that's actually the exact same Mitsubishi Mirage as this thing. Also I bedlined the trunk, I'll eventually throw another coat on and cover the sides in addition to the bottom.

Then the brakes started to go, so it got new pads, rotors, and drums. And while it was apart we threw in some new KYB struts and Megan Racing lowering springs.

Since I live in the Yukon, we get winter, and it snows. One day I came home to a decent size snow bank where my parking spot usually is.

This brings us to tonight, I found some powder at Canadian Tire that hadn't been driven in at all yet, so I borked that pristine snow with some mad FWD e-brake doriftos.

More lows will be coming, along with some more aggressive wheels. Then probably some juvenile shit you guys won't like, like rust and stickers and stuff. And I'll eventually finish ripping out the nasty tint that has been in it for probably a bunch of years, it's pretty gross.
    Last edited by Ben_S; 12-31-2013, 02:23 AM.
    Instagram @benseifert666
    #shitboxcolt build thread revival coming soon

So, it's going to turn into an autocross oriented build, stripped out and light with an emphasis on handling. Power wise there will be a rebuilt engine at first, then a more race-prepped version of the stock 4G15. I'll be focusing on making the most of the small power output be reducing parasitic drag and by managing heat with a pretty gnarly cooling system. I would like to push this engine platform as far as I can because I haven't seen many extreme builds based off of the engine I have, at least not from North America, there are some interesting builds I've seen around the 'net from Malaysia and New Zealand.
    Instagram @benseifert666

Comment

shit i thought i had it bad in Saskatchewan... haha just kidding. throw a 4g63 in this thing! some of them came with the none turbo versions did they not?

Comment

Originally posted by dubs&boost View Post
        shit i thought i had it bad in Saskatchewan... haha just kidding. throw a 4g63 in this thing! some of them came with the none turbo versions did they not?
        We are used to long winters here, this year there has been a ton more snow than usual though. A 4G63 pretty much drops in but I like a challenge haha, it'll probably get 4G63 swapped eventually though.
        Instagram @benseifert666

Comment

Put some more oil in it today, it burns oil like crazy.
          Instagram @benseifert666

Comment

Also this

Last edited by Ben_S; 01-07-2014, 12:54 AM.
            Instagram @benseifert666

Comment

I love crappy cars. My friend had a 86 dodge shadow he got for like 50 bucks. We covered the thing in stickers, painted the rims and did a whole ton of shit. Funnest car ever.

hit me up and i'll pm you companies that send stickers out for emails, we got like a hundred.
              sigpic
              I like big butts and I cannot Lie.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                I love crappy cars. My friend had a 86 dodge shadow he got for like 50 bucks. We covered the thing in stickers, painted the rims and did a whole ton of shit. Funnest car ever.

hit me up and i'll pm you companies that send stickers out for emails, we got like a hundred.
                Crappy cars are the best, this one will slowly become less crappy though I think (hope) haha
                Instagram @benseifert666

Comment

Looks promising and I love that weird 90s blurple color.
                  Audi S5 daily | Audi UrS6 project | instagram @benznotmercedes

Comment

Starting to plan out some body mods, I have 2 hoods so one of them will be getting vented. I also want to do overfenders and a duckbill wing similar to the rocket bunny S13, I just have to find a car that has aftermarket support that is close enough to the same size as mine so I can get some overfenders that I can make fit.

For paint I'm thinking olive drab, and maybe flat black hood and trunk, but that may change.I'm planning on getting some 15" steelies for now, and something else down the road.
                    Spring is almost here so I'll be tearing apart my parts car soon and getting some stuff done on this thing.
                    Instagram @benseifert666

Comment

Oh and it's burned about 4 quarts of oil since the last update
                      Instagram @benseifert666

Comment

When are you going to rebuild the engine, and what mods are you going to do to it?

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                        @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

I'll be rebuilding the engine that's in my parts car as soon as I get it out, no internal engine mods yet, Just bolt-ons and a stock rebuild for now. Intake, header, exhaust, and probably a few other bits and pieces
                          Instagram @benseifert666

Comment

2 quarts of oil since last post. Was going to wash this thing today but the line at the car wash was too long and I didn't have enough change on me so I took it out and played on one of my favorite muddy dirt roads instead.
                            Instagram @benseifert666

Comment

Dirty means your using it well. Love good cheap cars. Hoopty for the win.

Comment

Working...
                              X