X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. looking forward to this!

Comment

holy tiger poop, this is looking awesome! I want this
      Last edited by lewda; 12-11-2013, 01:09 PM.

Comment

we have to thank for the feedback! we changed some lines today, the fender is 100mm wider now. maybe to much, maybe not. some new pictures tomorrow.

HYPETODAY // '89 Mercedes-Benz W124 260E
        HYPETODAY // DTM MEETS JDM - The #W6666 project

Comment

here we go again. we started the day with some more foam for the fender and the trunk. it's strange, every can is different from the others. different in the amount of air, different in the quality. but it's everytime the stuff of the same company. weird.

some more modelling on the bodylines and closing the gaps. cutting, cutting, cutting - nothing spectecular. today we will testfit a 20" rim without tire - just for fun. goal is a normal fitment with a 18" rim.

tomorrow we get the filler supplied, so there are some big changes on the weekend.
          Last edited by hypetoday; 12-12-2013, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Yes. Go on!

Comment

this is going to be epic

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

I find this relevant to my interests.
                Are you planning on doing a hard or softer edge on the arch?
                '04 Forester XS, all stock for now, got some stuff in the works
                '04 F150 FX4, leveled on 33s... waitwut

Comment

after a party weekend just an small update. more foam on the front fender on thursday to fix the wheel arch.

while we waited that it dries, more shaping on the trunk lip.

on sunday there was more time to work on the stuff. more cutting on the lip until it's 80% final form. now we have to cut the edges and sand the rounding to the final form.

also the foam on the fender was dried enough. so we are approaching the final width.

it is a lot of trying and a lot of testing. different kinds of tools and different kinds of methods. at the moment, the first filler on the trunk lip dries. hope for the best!
                  Last edited by hypetoday; 12-17-2013, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by #yoloswagyolo View Post
                    Are you planning on doing a hard or softer edge on the arch?
                    don't know at the moment. it's hard to decide. maybe the same edge like on the side panels.

Comment

Loving the Lorinser S-Classe inspriration on the front fenders. Have you decided if you will stay with the Mercedes flat style wheel arch or go round? Also on the Rocket Bunny stuff the rear wing has reliefs/pockets to be riveted to the trunk lid. Are you considering this? Will the wing be one piece or three, as I assume it will cap the rear fenders as well? I am loving the project, excited with the prospect of new ideas, and hope for new products.

Comment

Nice

Comment

Originally posted by standard125r View Post
                          Loving the Lorinser S-Classe inspriration on the front fenders. Have you decided if you will stay with the Mercedes flat style wheel arch or go round? Also on the Rocket Bunny stuff the rear wing has reliefs/pockets to be riveted to the trunk lid. Are you considering this? Will the wing be one piece or three, as I assume it will cap the rear fenders as well? I am loving the project, excited with the prospect of new ideas, and hope for new products.
                          i just googled the lorinser s-class (do you mean the w219?), saw it for the first time. yes, everything should be bolt-on, also the wing. at first we started with a 3-piece idea, now we think about 1-piece without the small caps on the side fenders. do you know the amg wing for the w124 trunks? i love it, so we also thinking about a 3-piece solution. it's a progress, so i can't say anything about the final version.

thanks for your interest!

Comment

Welp, I'm just going to sit down and subscribe to this awesomeness too!

Comment

cant wait to see more progress!
                              E36 Bonnie

Comment

Originally posted by hypetoday View Post
                                i just googled the lorinser s-class (do you mean the w219?), saw it for the first time. yes, everything should be bolt-on, also the wing. at first we started with a 3-piece idea, now we think about 1-piece without the small caps on the side fenders. do you know the amg wing for the w124 trunks? i love it, so we also thinking about a 3-piece solution. it's a progress, so i can't say anything about the final version.

thanks for your interest!
                                Yeah, that's the Lorinser kit I was talking about. The AMG ducktail won't give you that JDM style lift you are looking for,but that style is sweet. Check out the ends on a Ronal MK1 Jetta heckspoiler for an idea if you're going to stay one piece. The curvature would work well and it wouldn't touch the paint.

Comment

Working...
                                X