• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

coming along nice!

Comment

Originally posted by loneStar22 View Post
      is it driveable though?

for like a few weeks until i can shorten my housings?
      Yeah its driveable. I drove for probably about a month like that while I was waiting for my shorter struts to come in. Having big tires helps, lol.

Originally posted by 610EURO View Post
      Byron are those 17's or 16's ? i tucked 195/50 on 16x8's with uncut strut housings. do you have GC camber plates ?
      That pic is with 17's with 205/40's, no camberplates.

Comment

Originally posted by Byron View Post
        Honestly it won't matter if they are blown or new because theres almost no available travel, lol. I would bottom out the shocks on the little bumps in my driveway on that setup.
        eek!

Comment

well got the ground controls on, and i am in no way happy with them on stock housings. for one the perch cannot go all the way down in the perch since there is no clearance for that. i dont know if i did something wrong or what but i have them as low as they can go without taking the perches out completely. on top of that i still have liek two finger gaps up front. i guess i was expecting more from this setup. what type of places do you guys goto to get your housings modified? i want i low as possible on a budget so i dont really want to have to by shortened konis. what other shocks are there out there that can be ran in a shortened housing?

ill post a pic of the new lows when i get home

@eraunpetrytoday

Comment

@eraunpetrytoday

Comment

photoshoot for the e90 coming today. keep an eye out

@eraunpetrytoday

Comment

I'm running 325ix inserts in mine. Not the best choice but cheaper than Konis.

Comment

New user from Norway Keep up the good work! Keep the pics flowing so I can get some inspiration for my next project. I want a loooow e30 with 16x9 keskins myself!
                  Bad English = from Norway!

Comment

this is as low as she can go on ground controls and stock parts. the rear is not all the way down but the front is. struts are not bottoming out and the ride is actually better than my e90 right now. about a week after i lowered it i developed a rather weird issue.

the car has always had some second gear vibration when u first go into gear but i never thought much of it. well after a few nights ago it has turned into a large knocking sound u can feel below the center console. i think it may be my center bearing? idk but the car does not feel safe to be driving till its fixed. dammit!

@eraunpetrytoday

Comment

If it sounds like a 5 year old locked in a trunk on acceleration than it's the center bearing, if it does it at high road speed it the Guibo.

Erik

Comment

after the center bearing is done i need someone local to help me out with modding the strut towers

@eraunpetrytoday

Comment

so today im once again ribbing the interior apart looking for wiring issues. the rainy season is coming up and i want to have wipers that work even when im NOT jiggling the cruise control stalk. that an today im going to run the RCA wire for a sound system.

@eraunpetrytoday

Comment

my buddy travis (tmoney on stanceworks) picked up an e30 for $800 bucks a few weeks back. its a 1985 325e. its in amazing condition. it didnt run, the guy didint know why. all it needed was a DME

e30 werkshop

finally got the driveshaft issue solved. yet i thought i did. about 2 weeks after i replaced the center bearing and guibo disc the driveshaft shake came back even harder this time. while i was down there i noticed one of the tranny mounts was not connected. this probably caused the issue. i fixed it but the problem still came back 2 weeks after i was under the car. once i have the money im going back under the car replacing the motor mounts, tranny mounts, dif mounts, and full driveshaft. hopefully this will solve the problem. if i cant come up with the cash to do this ill just sell the car. because it really sucks having to baby this car everywhere.

spy my e30, now find scot rods
                            Last edited by loneStar22; 06-15-2010, 02:40 PM.

@eraunpetrytoday

Comment

im assuming you checked the universal joints? my SA22C rx7 had a really bad U-joint on the trans end and it caused an aweful vibration.
                              it would be a shame to sell such a nice e30 cuz of that.
                              oh and BTW. tell your buddy with the red 800 dollar e30 to give me that front lip! lol.

Comment

always **** hearing about a bunch of little problems that add up to a car being a pain in the ass. hope everything works out for the best.

Comment

Working...
                                X