No announcement yet.

E30 Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

installed the ecodes tonite with the hids. very happy with it, just makes it more like my e90. now i need to make the shifter tighter and get a matching knob and theyll feel just alike. which is my goal as far as feel of the car goes.

@eraunpetrytoday

Comment

Progressing quickly! Now hurry up and slam it lol.

Comment

needs a drop!
        -Jorge-

Comment

ground controls are coming in today!!!!!

@eraunpetrytoday

Comment

was taking the car apart today to install an ipod controller. took off the knee cushion thing below the gauge cluster and found a rats nest. took the center console out and found rat poop. FUCK.

im in for more than i wanted to do installing this ipod, i cant just install it and put it back together knowing there may be dead rats somewhere in there. this explains my random electrical issues. now im probably going to end up taking the dash apart to find out whats going on in here. gross

@eraunpetrytoday

Comment

I'm interested to see where you go with this.... Have fun!

Comment

Damn, sucks about the rats. Definitely cant wait to see the GC's on it though.

Comment

damn. that sucks. Doing it right the first time FTW

Comment

hmm so its been about a week since my nasty discovery last friday. the car has pretty much sat in the same spot since then simply because i havent had a day off of work since then. weathers getting nice and hopefully it will be tomorrow so i can vacuum it out and get it all back together as a plan to drive it next week. the e90 is finally slammed so all my attention can goto my e30.

next plan is my quest for lows, my front shocks are blown (i can get the front wheels off the ground. easy) i dont think it would be a good idea to put coils on them at ALL. so monday im buying some stock shocks at work and throwing on the ground controls on monday. hey byron can i get as low as u were in the beginning on stock housings?

@eraunpetrytoday

Comment

This was all the way down with stock shocks in the front. Back was raised a bit.

Honestly it won't matter if they are blown or new because theres almost no available travel, lol. I would bottom out the shocks on the little bumps in my driveway on that setup.

Comment

^ yea, no travel there lol

Flickr

Comment

is it driveable though?

for like a few weeks until i can shorten my housings?

@eraunpetrytoday

Comment

Byron are those 17's or 16's ? i tucked 195/50 on 16x8's with uncut strut housings. do you have GC camber plates ?

Comment

no i do not

@eraunpetrytoday

Comment

GC plates let you go lower in the front. they are not nearly as tall as the stock hats.

yes you can drive around with no suspension travel.

Comment

Working...
                                X