BMW E81 Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thuggie View Post
    i've got some oem CF bmw performance mirror caps with lci blackline mirrors 4 sale would look sick on your car,really loved them on mine
    Iv already got carbon mirrors...

Comment

Originally posted by Ratcliffe33 View Post
      Iv already got carbon mirrors...
      my bad didn't see them
      Daily driver / track toy

2008 bmw e81 sportshatch

Project car

1985 mk2 golf

Comment

Originally posted by thuggie View Post
        my bad didn't see them
        Haha! No worries

Comment

Super excited today, the wheels have arrived!

Tyres being fitted on Monday

Comment

Looking forward to seeing those rims on the car.

I drove a 1M at Brands Hatch and loved the thing. I'm a bit of a lump though, so couldn't live with a 1 series as a daily. Shame those seats were too wide. Could you shave the bolster width down?

Comment

Super excited today, the wheels have arrived!

Tyres being fitted on Monday
              Hurry it up!
              2010 135i | Alpine White | Coral Red | 6MT | Bagged

Build | Instagram: fifty3bags

Comment

Originally posted by fifty3bags View Post
                Hurry it up!
                Spoken to a few people over the weekend, looks like there is a lot of work that needs to be done, need to buy some coilover top mounts to adjust the camber, and also have some serious arch work done! Cant wait to get it done though!! Nice little project for me and the car should look mega once its done!

Comment

Spoken to a few people over the weekend, looks like there is a lot of work that needs to be done, need to buy some coilover top mounts to adjust the camber, and also have some serious arch work done! Cant wait to get it done though!! Nice little project for me and the car should look mega once its done!
                  For the front I'm assuming? How much camber will you need to run, and what are the wheel specs?

Comment

For the front I'm assuming? How much camber will you need to run, and what are the wheel specs?
                    Yeh mounts for the front, but need arch work done on the front and rear, the wheels are 19x9 on the front and 19x10 on the rear, the rear wheels will have quiet abit of camber but a massive stretch on the tyre will help not having much work done to the arches. Looking forward to the challenge though and got a company that are excited to work with the car! Hopefully the police wont notice how stretched my tyres are...

Comment

Give me your wheel offset, for I am the E81/87 god. I fit 19x9.5 ET 25 front easy. with Max negative camber (-5) not to mention my rears are 11

19 inch is a pretty bad size to go, the car will never be able to go that low as it will need to sit high to accommodate rubbing.
                      Last edited by E-8ATESE7EN; 02-10-2014, 09:41 AM.
                      Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/nguyenjemz/

Comment

Yeh mounts for the front, but need arch work done on the front and rear, the wheels are 19x9 on the front and 19x10 on the rear, the rear wheels will have quiet abit of camber but a massive stretch on the tyre will help not having much work done to the arches. Looking forward to the challenge though and got a company that are excited to work with the car! Hopefully the police wont notice how stretched my tyres are...
                        What kind of modifying will you need, just rolled, or rolled and pulled, or more extensive than that? Reason I ask is I tried a set of CCWs on mine this past weekend and they were 18/10 (or 10.5, not sure) and didn't know the offset, but they fit and I had at least a half inch probably more, before hitting the shock. The wheel was flush with the fender and -0.9* camber. My fenders are only slightly rolled and I was able to drive fine on them with 285/35/R18 tires. What size tires are you going with?

Comment

Hopefully the police wont notice how stretched my tyres are...
                          British police dont mind stretched tyres that much. To be honest it isn't actually 'illegal' (there are a few loopholes to explore...in the same way people say poke is illegal but it isn't, you are allowed up to 25mm of poke aslong as the tyre tread is inside the arches in the UK.

Use a company like nankang and get them to write to you saying your stretch is okay (my friend put a 225/35/19 on a 9.5, which isnt alot but is still fairly stretched). Nankang wrote back saying the tyre could cope with this, so if a policeman does try and do you for the car being 'dangerous' he can produce this letter which states that it is still with-in the manufacturers specifications!
                          Instagram: @ask83n

Originally posted by DragginWagon
                          Always build your car for yourself. and dont tell me you cant afford to.
                          This thread is a perfect example of taking lemons and making fucking jager bombs!

Comment

Well had an email from Rotiform this morning and my wheels are ready and being dispatched today! Seriously cannot wait for them to arrive. Here is a photo of my wheels in Rotiform.

Hope you all like them!

I wish i had the money for SJC's..... but honestly man great looking car, i love the way its turning out!!
                            Bimmer Gang or Die OO=()()=OO

Comment

Originally posted by E-8ATESE7EN View Post
                              Give me your wheel offset, for I am the E81/87 god. I fit 19x9.5 ET 25 front easy. with Max negative camber (-5) not to mention my rears are 11

19 inch is a pretty bad size to go, the car will never be able to go that low as it will need to sit high to accommodate rubbing.
                              ET30 Front and ET20 Rear.

What kind of modifying will you need, just rolled, or rolled and pulled, or more extensive than that? Reason I ask is I tried a set of CCWs on mine this past weekend and they were 18/10 (or 10.5, not sure) and didn't know the offset, but they fit and I had at least a half inch probably more, before hitting the shock. The wheel was flush with the fender and -0.9* camber. My fenders are only slightly rolled and I was able to drive fine on them with 285/35/R18 tires. What size tires are you going with?
                              Well they are 19x9 on the front and 19x10 on the rear, offsets are above, and I'm going to be running pretty stretched tyres.

Originally posted by BenVAG View Post
                              British police dont mind stretched tyres that much. To be honest it isn't actually 'illegal' (there are a few loopholes to explore...in the same way people say poke is illegal but it isn't, you are allowed up to 25mm of poke aslong as the tyre tread is inside the arches in the UK.

Use a company like nankang and get them to write to you saying your stretch is okay (my friend put a 225/35/19 on a 9.5, which isnt alot but is still fairly stretched). Nankang wrote back saying the tyre could cope with this, so if a policeman does try and do you for the car being 'dangerous' he can produce this letter which states that it is still with-in the manufacturers specifications!
                              Ah okay cool, thanks man! I know about the as long as the tyres are under the arches its cool but didn't know the situation with stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by Mcflurvin View Post
                                I wish i had the money for SJC's..... but honestly man great looking car, i love the way its turning out!!
                                Thanks man, i can't wait to get the wheels fitted!

Comment

Working...
                                X