No announcement yet.

1964 Chevy Impala SS Frame off build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is an amazing build. God I love the look of flowing bare metal frames. One question - I'm pretty ignant when it comes to fab work, but what's the go with the welds on the frame? I've never seen welds with that regular but lumpy finish, like hundreds of blobs joined together. It reminds me of scar-tissue or something. Is it a personal style thing or something more?

Visit my build, that would be super good of you to do.

be my instagram friend: archiediplomat

have a look at the shirts I do: www.diplomatthreads.com.au

Comment

Nice build!
      Can you use the swaybar in the front? Doesn´t it get very stiff when tilting left/right?

Comment

Originally posted by Steveee View Post
        Nice build!
        Can you use the swaybar in the front? Doesn´t it get very stiff when tilting left/right?
        i normally dont tilt left or right often. i haven't noticed it?...

Originally posted by archie. View Post
        This is an amazing build. God I love the look of flowing bare metal frames. One question - I'm pretty ignant when it comes to fab work, but what's the go with the welds on the frame? I've never seen welds with that regular but lumpy finish, like hundreds of blobs joined together. It reminds me of scar-tissue or something. Is it a personal style thing or something more?
        they often grind down the welds after, do the refinishing, smoothing/molding, then paint or powdercoat.

i left them, as i like that more heavy duty look!

Comment

great build .never seen a low low build . this is insane . good work
          STATIC LIFE

accord build
          http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/ne...ostthread&f=23

rip is300build
          http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=56221

Comment

thanks!!!

my build is pretty "mild" compared to most. I am going for clean/simple/less is more.....

there are some that gold flake the under belly of the car, pin stripe and gold flake the frame, etc.... Look up Chilango 64 .... it's out of this world.

Myself, I like solid clean colours, simple and perfect.

It's a lot more work than most people think. It's worth it though. It's my favourite car i've owned.

Comment

Wow... just wow!
              awesome man, can't wait to see it done

http://www.mvip.com.au
              clicky^

Comment

Color choice is perfection, awesome build dude!

Comment

I found it really hard to choose a colour.... I would **** to have sprayed the car and ***** it....

The body should be hitting the booth this week, the small stuff like the side skirts, buff/polish, then on goes the trims/emblems.

Gotta do some small interior stuff too.

Comment

can't wait to see this done. i would love to get a 64 impala, my favorite year
                    [IMG]http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag203/Kristianbolster/cars/nmdsnfm_zpsac00cc92.jpeg[/IMG]
                    instagram= @BIMMERSPOTTER instagram: @kristianbolster

Comment

• it's been a while since i've posted up. the car is in progress. i've been sooooo busy studying my brain is numb.

it's in final stages. some assembly happened today. got more to do yet. but it's coming along.

today we took it out side, got some pics, brought it in, put some trim and lights back on.

old vs new.

old emblem (keeping it..it is original)

it is a bit dirty, but you can see the age of the old one. the new one IS a "gm restoration" piece. made by gm for this purpose. perfect remake. even the markings on the back are flawless.

Comment

Working...
                      X